• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stalking and Waitlisting...Both Won!

disneyfan314

Mouseketeer
In April my daughter decided she wanted to go do DL/Southern CA trip for her 16th birthday in June, so since then I have been relentlessly stalking the RAT for rooms at the GCV. Our travels dates are June 9-16. Here's how it's gone so far. 1st stalking win on May 2nd for a 1 bedroom on June 12. 2nd stalking win on May 11 for a studio on Jun 9. 3rd stalking win on May 15 for 2 bdrm (which we really don't need that much space, but I took what was available) for June 11. 4th staking win on May 21 for a 1 bdrm on June 15. That leads us to today May 31 when my waitlist came through for a 1 bdrm on June 13-14. So if you are keeping up that means we have all but one day of our week, but will be changing rooms a lot the first 4 days. Here's what our crazy plan looks like:
June 9: studio
June 10: nothing :(
June 11: 2 bdrm
June 12-16: 1 bdrm

I still have a waitlist for a 1 bdrm on June 10th & 11. Each day separate to increase the chance of getting at least one of the two days. Of course June 10th is the day I need. I'm hoping my pixie dust hasn't run out yet and I can get the one last day.

You have a lot considering you started so late! I hope you get what you need.

I agree! I honestly didn't think I'd get anything when I first started planning and stalking since everyone says it's so hard to get rooms at GCV unless you book 11 months out. I can't believe I've managed 6 days in the last couple months.

I agree!

I think I'd be happy with the June 12-16 alone. If I couldn't piece together at least 2 consecutive nights in the same room-type for the period prior, I'd probably just stay offsite for the 9-11th but that's just me!

I agree!

I think I'd be happy with the June 12-16 alone. If I couldn't piece together at least 2 consecutive nights in the same room-type for the period prior, I'd probably just stay offsite for the 9-11th but that's just me!

I'm starting to think that's the best option too since we are flying into LAX and wanting to do Universal and some beachtime. Better to stay closer to Universal, then drive over to Anaheim for the last few days before driving back to LAX.

Another stalking win here!

UPDATE: more stalking for the win. I just checked our dates again, and I lucked out and found a Savanna studio at Kidani for our dates!!! Saving points and still staying at AKV. Yay! I had put this as a waitlist, but stalking seemed to work out in my favor this time.

I booked a preferred studio at SSR for January 1-5 two days ago. SSR was the only resort with availability besides a 1 br at OKW. Our home resort is SSR, but I can’t remember the last time we stayed there, maybe 8 years ago? We only have 92 points remaining in our 2018 YR, so our options for 4 nights are limited.

It’s not that I don’t like SSR, I just prefer other resorts :rolleyes1

I’ve been checking obsessively the past two days to see if any other resort had availability for Jan 1 (probably hourly if not more).

Wouldn’t you know it, about 30 minutes ago I did my ritual checking and a 1 br standard appeared at AKL Jambo House!!! How many points... 92. I crossed my fingers, quickly canceled our SSR, and booked AKL!

Doing the DVC happy dance right now! :cool1::cheer2:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter