St Patricks Day in Disney Trip Report FINALLY COMPLETED

mommy2ash

<font color=deeppink>Has a Pooh pushin' Ash<br><fo
Cast - Me Sonya 24 ( total disney addict as if you all didnt know)
Ash 3 (loves everything disney, especially buzz and iasw)
My mam ( my disney convert )

Here is the video i made of the first few days. i just threw it together quickly so its not very good but its just a preview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB6NLX9gf0g

Day 1 - Sunday 14th March

I woke up feeling very refreshed after about three hours of fitful sleep, its worse than being a child at christmas :lmao: We got dressed and headed up to the airport for 9 am, luckily we only live ten minutes away from it.

disneylandparismarch10001.jpg

We resisted the urge to have the overpriced low quality breakfast and went straight through to departures. After a short uneventful flight we were landed in cdg airport. After a long wait for the buggy to arrive we went and got our transfer with ezy shuttle. I really cant recommend this service enough they are excellent. We checked in at the santa fe at around half two. Our room wasnt available but we were told we had gotten a vip breakfast. After quickly changing ashleigh into her minnie mouse dress we left our bags in the baggage area in the hotel and headed for the park.

As on every trip it has to be straight to disneyland park for me. The first thing i see is a huge covering on the photography shop, not pretty lol. Reminder to self to avert eyes for the rest of the trip.

disneylandparismarch10005.jpg

Then i see the castle and thank god those ugly decorations are gone and the castle looks lovely and the spires shiny. Tinkerbell is still on top but she doesnt really bother me too much.

disneylandparismarch10068.jpg

We went straight to caseys for something to eat as we were all starving. The food was ok nothing special. I cant believe they give you a dry hot dog though.

disneylandparismarch10008.jpg

The castle was blocked up so we had to go though the dragons lair. Its awful seeing kids screaming and crying in here while their parents film and take videos. Ash asked once to go a different way to fantasyland so i did but after that she said she didnt want him to be alone so she wanted to say hi to him lol.

disneylandparismarch10010.jpg

Next up was ashleighs first time on a horse rather than a carriage.

disneylandparismarch10017.jpg

The parade was then starting but there was no space to see it so i told ash we could watch it tomorrow and we went on the tea cups and then its a small world instead. We then decided to head back to the hotel to put our bags in our room instead of having to do it in the dark. I also wanted to make sure everything was alright with the room after the disaster last time.

We got a room where i had requested and there was a note wishing us a lovely stay, a tea and coffee basket, some biscuits and chocolate coins and a small winnie the pooh teddy for ash on the pillow. We were really happy with this as we werent expecting anything. I had already been upgraded on my last trip, received a two page apology and a big tigger teddy on ashleighs birthday in response to my complaint with the room last time. Needless to say winnie the pooh came everywhere with us all week.

disneylandparismarch10023-1.jpg

We had a reservation in the silver spur at half seven so headed back to the park. The meal was nice, nothing special but it was ok. The last time we ate here it was empty but it was packed on this night. I had witnessed the hostess be really rude to a lady in front of me and our waiter was not at all accommodating. He wouldnt let ash have a sprite instead of juice, an icecream instead of the childrens dessert and he wouldnt let me have a sauce other than bernaise which i do not like. I later saw the kids at the table next to us get icecream so clearly it is possible. Ash didnt eat much, her burger was too pink and the dessert wasnt nice.

After our meal we walked around looking at the shops and planning what to do the next day.

When we got back to the hotel we saw that there are now characters there each evening as well.

disneylandparismarch10020.jpg

We then fell into bed exhausted after a very long day.

What a great first day, cant wait to read the rest :goodvibes

Glad the Santa Fe made up for the mistake last time ... i would of been horrified!
Shame about Silver Spur ... i hate bad service but its hard to complain when they dont understand the language fully :confused3

We are going on thursday ... i checked out the website you gave me for the weather ... wish i didnt bother :rotfl2:

What a great first day, cant wait to read the rest :goodvibes

Glad the Santa Fe made up for the mistake last time ... i would of been horrified!
Shame about Silver Spur ... i hate bad service but its hard to complain when they dont understand the language fully :confused3

We are going on thursday ... i checked out the website you gave me for the weather ... wish i didnt bother :rotfl2:

dont feel too bad, i just had a look at least it doesnt say torrential rain :lmao: keep checking as it does change. more than likely you will end up with a few showers, fingers crossed for a sudden burst of sunshine come thursday :thumbsup2

Great first day :) Glad the Santa Fe was better for you this time :thumbsup2

WOW doesn't the castle look lovely without all the decorations :cool1:

Great first day :) Glad the Santa Fe was better for you this time :thumbsup2

WOW doesn't the castle look lovely without all the decorations :cool1:

i couldnt believe it when i saw the castle. i had only ever seen it with decorations and it is a million times better without them.

Looks like you had a great first day. Ash looks cute as a button as always. Can't believe how quick she's grown. Glad the Sante Fe made it up to you.

:scared1: at the photoshop on main street. What a sight to greet you when you enter the park:eek: Have to agree the castle does look much better au naturale:lovestruc (check out my French:lmao:, I only know how to spell it cause of the shop:rotfl2:)

looks like you had a fantastic time. loved watching your video - and what a lot of fantastic dresses ash has! two favourite photo's - one of ash sitting down in her belle dress looking so beautiful and the other of her standing up in front of the walt and mickey statue in her green fairy dress. so lovely.

looks like you had a fantastic time. loved watching your video - and what a lot of fantastic dresses ash has! two favourite photo's - one of ash sitting down in her belle dress looking so beautiful and the other of her standing up in front of the walt and mickey statue in her green fairy dress. so lovely.

thank you so much. yes those are some of my fave pics too. i swear i didnt tell her to sit like that lol. i was keeping our spot for the parade and she was dancing around the place, next i saw her and i was like quick get the camera out :rotfl:

When are you going to post more ? (not that I want to hurry you :rolleyes1) as its my first trip in just under 3 weeks and I am interested in what you had done so I can start planning :flower3:

thank you so much. yes those are some of my fave pics too. i swear i didnt tell her to sit like that lol. i was keeping our spot for the parade and she was dancing around the place, next i saw her and i was like quick get the camera out :rotfl:

i've bought amy a belle dress to give to her when we go in may, and she already has a cinderella and sleeping beauty dress. i'm trying to decide whether to buy her a minnie mouse dress as well as she seems most excited about going to cafe mickey to see minnie mouse - but i'm not sure if that would just be too many dresses!

i've bought amy a belle dress to give to her when we go in may, and she already has a cinderella and sleeping beauty dress. i'm trying to decide whether to buy her a minnie mouse dress as well as she seems most excited about going to cafe mickey to see minnie mouse - but i'm not sure if that would just be too many dresses!

there can never be too many dresses :lmao: ash has twelve :rotfl2:

you might pick up a minnie mouse one cheap off ebay i got ashleighs one for a tenner including delivery new.

Great start, Ash is certainly growing up fast. I look forward to the rest:thumbsup2

Awww, love the music on your video - I was singing along!! :rotfl:

Ash looks like she had a fab time and got to wear her dresses! princess:

Looking forward to more.... popcorn::

Ash is sooo cute and she looks like she had a blast:thumbsup2 You've got some great photo's and video clips.

Gorgeous pic of her with Winnie The Pooh, and the one with her squashed between the huge cheeks of Chip n Dale. Love the way she never took her eyes off the camcorder while she was dancing with Pinochio:rotfl2:

How sweet of Minnie putting Ash's hair band on for her. And how funny was Pluto with the phone:lmao: Love it:goodvibes

Suze xx

Ash is sooo cute and she looks like she had a blast:thumbsup2 You've got some great photo's and video clips.

Gorgeous pic of her with Winnie The Pooh, and the one with her squashed between the huge cheeks of Chip n Dale. Love the way she never took her eyes off the camcorder while she was dancing with Pinochio:rotfl2:

How sweet of Minnie putting Ash's hair band on for her. And how funny was Pluto with the phone:lmao: Love it:goodvibes

Suze xx

ash had been bugging me all week to meet winnie the pooh to show him her teddy but the queues were crazy, in the end we waited an hour to meet him. i was going crazy standing in the queue and ash was fine with it :rotfl:

she wanted to have something to show all the characters lol. pluto went over to the cms and they were saying is it mickey on the phone she thought it was great and has been trying to ring mickey herself ever since :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter