SSR - Favorite Location

eporter66

DIS Veteran & DVC Owner at SSR
We have booked SSR and now we are deciding where to stay. We stayed in the Paddock area last time, and the family really liked the location and pool. We like to walk to DTD a lot, so I figure either the Paddock or Congress Park. I like the quiet pool at Congress Park, but it is too boring for my daughter. The pool in the Paddock area is great, and if you want to just walk across the bridge you can get to the main pool really quick.

The Grandstand & Carousel just seem too far out. I usually walk the resort each day, and I like walking through those sections, but they seem isolated. The Springs is a great location, but I always feel bad when the buses pull up to that stop, and the bus is packed - no fun being the last stop.

Where is your favorite area?

I also vote for paddock. Nice pool right next to the bus stop, land bridge across the pond close by. I know some people have had horror stories about long bus wait times but the longest I waited was around 15 min. Overall very nice place. I did stay at carousel but I had A bad experience of my own making it was really late and went to the building next to mine thinking it was mine. Of course bands did not open the door and it only went down hill as I kept tapping the door reader like it would magically let me in.

Congress Park hands down. Short walk to the Carriage(sp?) House, or short bus ride (just don't get on the DTD Bus if you want to go to the CH). You also have a (somewhat) quiet pool and DTD nearby.

We have in the past taken to getting off the bus at the Grandstand, stopping off at the drink machine at the pool (if open) walking up to the CH and getting a refill and then walking on to Congress Park, but, it finally registered on us that we can get off at the Paddock, fill up, and then get back on the next bus to CP or take the short walk down.

But, now that they have raised the prices on the mugs to $18 a pop, we may just start bringing our own drinks and forgo the mugs all together. I am also curious why you can re-activate your mug at Typhoon Lagoon, but, not at the resort (at least the CMs in the Artist's Pallet didn't want to renew my mug...ended up chunking it).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter