SR - Purchasing Disney Gift Cards

3dog2kidmom said:
8% cash back is not a bargan if you have to pay interest on the credit card. That is why I paid for it with my Disney rewards card and not my credit card!

I know, that's why I am not going to do it.... we still get such a good discount at SOG for the park tickets. And this next month is tight for us; I can't start paying off/down the credit card til January.

I purchased $50 in GC on Monday and still have no pending points. Anyone else still waiting. How long should I wait to have the pending?

I just had to share, we went a whole nother route to save some money.

We switched resorts! :lmao: We're now staying at the WL for the first 5 nights (SOG the other 4) and I added 8 day hoppers to my room, along with the dining plan for those first 5 days! Now I'm not worried about having enough Disney Gift Cards. I think in the next month or so, I should have $300 in gift cards/dollars. We now only have to pay for 4 meals out of pocket, as Hoop Dee Doo, Benihana and Rain Forest cafe (all restaurants we're going to while at Shades of Green) are either pre-paid or I have gift cards. I just feel all 'set' right now!

The difference from stepping down to the WL basically netted us the dining plan for 'free'. And the park tickets in the package were only about $40 more than SOG prices. Not bad.

Anyway, thanks for letting me share, and thanks again Tricia for helping me earn Disney money for practically nothing! :banana:

Mine isn't pending yet either. I ordered on 11/27 so not too long. It was shipped 11/28 but not received yet.

I have what may be an incredible stupid question...

I bought my gift cards through the banner link...but then put the wrong email address.. :confused3
Will I still get my credit through Sunshine?? An extra $20 would be nice for when we go. :)

It takes up to 2 weeks for credits, depending on when Tricia gets the notices from the merchants.

Ohio, I would send a trouble ticket into Tricia (click the contact us link) and let her know what you did.

OhioFamily said:

I bought my gift cards through the banner link...but then put the wrong email address.. :confused3
Will I still get my credit through Sunshine?? An extra $20 would be nice for when we go. :)

I use an alternative email address for sunshine and use my real email for things i buy and have never had any trouble.

I purchased 2 Disney gift cards last week when Tricia had the 8% special. I think one was on Tuesday and the other was on Thursday - they're both showing as pending in my account.

OhioFamily said:

Okay I have half of my credit pending for this, should I send in a trouble ticket now letting her know that it's only half the credit pending or will the other half come through?? Sorry I'm being a pain, I'm not normally this confused :confused3

If half of it has pending and it ALL has shipped, you should file ticket. We usually get all or nothing back from the merchants in the reports. The only way that something should ever come back as partially pending is if the rest has not shipped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter