Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

Got my survey! Seems like another wave of them is going out. Festivus came early, time for the airing of grievances!

Pretty much said the same things other people have brought up before. Merch needs to not sell out instantly/have more preorder options. That Boardwalk water stop has to go. The 10 Miler course should be flipped and do the highway miles first.

Pretty much said the same things other people have brought up before. Merch needs to not sell out instantly/have more preorder options. That Boardwalk water stop has to go. The 10 Miler course should be flipped and do the highway miles first.

I filled my survey out this morning, and these three points were exactly what I said in mine.

I asked my husband who just did his first SS runDisney weekend what he was going to comment on with his survey (he got one, too) and his answer: "Why in the name of all things Disney didn't they have the water stop by the buses or Skyliner station?" :confused3 :laughing:

Got my survey! Seems like another wave of them is going out. Festivus came early, time for the airing of grievances!

I agree that flipping the route would make it nice to do the highway miles first and then finish up in the parks. Another added benefit would be that it would spread out the crowd more in those early miles so that the bottle necks wouldn’t be as bad in the parks (as well as the boardwalk water stop).

I agree that flipping the route would make it nice to do the highway miles first and then finish up in the parks. Another added benefit would be that it would spread out the crowd more in those early miles so that the bottle necks wouldn’t be as bad in the parks (as well as the boardwalk water stop).

Exactly! I put that in my comment too. I said that I realize they want to get us through DHS early so they can get the park ready for guests, but doing the highway part first would really help ease congestion on the course by allowing the crowd to spread out.

Exactly! I put that in my comment too. I said that I realize they want to get us through DHS early so they can get the park ready for guests, but doing the highway part first would really help ease congestion on the course by allowing the crowd to spread out.
And not to mention, opens up the road ways a lot sooner to relieve traffic issues.

I checked and was also surveyed. Very excited, I never got the survey before! Shared similar thoughts as many of you. It would be great to flip that 10-miler!

Do you prefer me to put my trip report here or on a separate thread? It is nothing spectacular like last year and could be a nice almost ending to this thread.

ETA: I will start and can move later if that is the general preference.

Springtime Surprise 2024 Report
Part 1 - Taking a vacation beat

Once we were at the Disney resort on Monday April 15th, I told DH: I will believe that this vacation is happening once it is over. And I now present you this report of a fully completed and thoroughly enjoyed Disney Trip and runDisney Race Weekend!

I will spare you the uncertainties that lead to such a state of mind, let’s just say that when the plane took off four hours late, our reaction was… We will be there early enough to catch the fireworks 😅

Before we get into action, let’s make an interlude to praise some IT departments: To follow where your luggage is, to know everything about your rideshare, to go straight to your room with directions and to open its door, to receive a picture of your groceries in the Disney bell service shelves (and to file a complaint because of missing bananas and water of all things), to plan your day around wait times, to reserve your place in virtual queues, to order delicious meals ready to eat when you are and to see your photos seconds after they were taken… Applaud 👏

That is how we landed at 5PM, got fully settled in our room and were eating a turkey leg and a Tropical Serenade in MK before 8PM. The fireworks were as amazing as anticipated, and, with the hour left after, we were able to ride Pirates, BTMRR and Haunted Mansion. Wowed is the word.
IMG_5627.jpeg

The following day was another great lesson on how to leisurely experience Disney as a couple. Yes, we rope dropped HS which allowed us to ride Rise of the Resistance, Slinky and Toy Story Mania before a second breakfast at Woody’s Lunchbox at 10AM 🤯

We then took it easy with shows until our Oga’s reservation. We did have a degustation of mocktail. It is me in this picture, DH is the photographer, not the person with whom I seem to be drinking with…
IMG_5434.jpeg

We decided to head back to the resort but could not resist the call of MMRR reopening just as we were passing in front of it. DH was a bit dizzy after so we knew that Ratatouille was out of his list (or his league).

We were staying at the All Star Sport for the first time and it is now our favourite resort considering the price (average of 150$ per night taxes in). We really loved it. The bus were super efficient, the room comfortable and clean, the grounds maintained and fun, the pools relaxing… We truly had a « resort » feel.

That vacation rhythm is what clicked that afternoon. We can take advantage of rope drop, relax and nap at the resort and then admire spectacular night shows.
IMG_5685.jpeg

We finished that second day at Epcot, with an excellent Flower and Garden Rock Concert (M-80) and Harmonious Fireworks.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter