Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

👋👋 Me! Tuesday-Tuesday, doing the challenge.
Are you doing a week solo? I'm so jealous! I can barely escape for 48 hours! :smooth:

Me too! though I get in very late on Tues so its more like Weds- Tues. Its also my first trip to WDW.
Wow - so fun! If either of you want to get together on Fri or Sat, I'd be happy to meet up. I'm staying at the Swan (so I plan on lots of world showcase leisure time, something I don't get to do when my kids are there!)

Are you doing a week solo? I'm so jealous! I can barely escape for 48 hours! :smooth:

Wow - so fun! If either of you want to get together on Fri or Sat, I'd be happy to meet up. I'm staying at the Swan (so I plan on lots of world showcase leisure time, something I don't get to do when my kids are there!)
I'd love to! I dont have park hopper, but I have a reservation for Epcot on Sat.

There’s definite benefits to being a solo human in general—the biggest being nobody cares if I disappear for a week. Well, my grandparents care, but since they’re adults, they can survive 😆😆

I'd love to! I dont have park hopper, but I have a reservation for Epcot on Sat.
We could meet at Hurricane Hanna’s at Beach Club on Saturday afternoon? I’m at Hollywood on Saturday, so I can walk or skyliner over, and it’s right on the way between The Swan and Epcot’s International Gateway. It was a great meetup place at Princess Weekend.

Obviously, any and all runDisney people and their friends/family can join us too.

We could meet at Hurricane Hanna’s at Beach Club on Saturday afternoon? I’m at Hollywood on Saturday, so I can walk or skyliner over, and it’s right on the way between The Swan and Epcot’s International Gateway. It was a great meetup place at Princess Weekend.

Obviously, any and all runDisney people and their friends/family can join us too.
This is perfect! I have a hopper ticket, and reservation for HS in the morning, then planned to hop to Epcot in afternoon but can stop at HH in between. How is 2pm?

I also have a driving question since we are staying offsite. We are coming from the celebration/reunion/Windsor hills area. Can I just jump onto world drive where it hits I-4, since they are saying to enter via world drive anyway? I’m completely a landmark person and not a “go west on blah blah and then turn south onto this other one”
Yes. That is the best way to get to Epcot

Coming from Italy after more than two years since last races at W&D 2019.

Unfortunately another solo trip because my partner (after waiting 4 months!!!) had her visa refused last week so she had to cancel her trip and lost races 😭.

At least I hope I can get her shirts at the Expo (I know it's against rules but I hope they let me do).

Coming from Italy after more than two years since last races at W&D 2019.

Unfortunately another solo trip because my partner (after waiting 4 months!!!) had her visa refused last week so she had to cancel her trip and lost races 😭.

At least I hope I can get her shirts at the Expo (I know it's against rules but I hope they let me do).
That sucks!! You should have her contact runDisney, there‘s a chance they might be willing to refund her registration fees to a gift card for future use.

The email I got today that had the event guide, had a section that talked about the pre-purchased commemorative items. How did I miss this option? I kept checking my Run Disney account looking for commemorative items to purchase ahead of time, but never saw anything. How did I miss this?

The email I got today that had the event guide, had a section that talked about the pre-purchased commemorative items. How did I miss this option? I kept checking my Run Disney account looking for commemorative items to purchase ahead of time, but never saw anything. How did I miss this?

Never mind. I just realized that event guide was for the Princess weekend. Why would I be getting an email about that, today???? How do I access the event guide for SS?

Never mind. I just realized that event guide was for the Princess weekend. Why would I be getting an email about that, today???? How do I access the event guide for SS?
I think it was just a ‘form’ email, and they didn’t update the link. Most events in the past have used the same link for their digital event guides, but they used a new link for SS and obviously didn’t update the link in this email. 😬

I haven’t activated my princess photos yet, so if I link my springtime photos and then activate will it work, or will I lose everything? Would it be better if I just get another memory maker?

The email today had the old guide link (which still has Princess). The new guide link is https://www.rundisneyexpo.run/
Thank you. I got that email yesterday. I think I’ve got it all figured out now. I’m thinking today’s email should never have been sent out, so I just “trashed” it.

Just to be sure though, there never was an option to pre-purchase anything for the SS weekend, right? When I did Princess two years ago, I remember seeing the option without searching, so I’m assuming this is just another casualty of Covid that hasn’t returned quite yet.

As far as I saw no pre purchase will be interesting to see if w&d has them and this was a fluke with supply chain issues

Anyone doing SS weekend solo? I am heading down Fri 4/1, running 10k and 10M, flying out 3pm Sunday. My first solo weekend and first runD weekend! (we were there for Princess in Feb but I had to bag it due to injury - hence this solo trip!)
There’s definite benefits to being a solo human in general—the biggest being nobody cares if I disappear for a week. Well, my grandparents care, but since they’re adults, they can survive 😆😆

I'm running solo and would love to meet up with some simpaticos. Hurricane Hanna’s looks really fun. Hope to see you there!

Anyone know if spectators are allowed into AK for the 5K? I’ve searched high and low for any information and I’m coming up empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter