Split stay with TWO dining plans, Magic Bands

AmongMadPeople

We're all mad here...
Tried a search, but can't find examples of this scenario. We are doing a split stay between VGF with Deluxe Dining and VWL with basic Dining. It used to be we could continue to use the credits from our first stay by using that stay's KTTW card until midnight of check-out when paying for food with credits. This ensured we were subtracting credits from the correct dining plan.

Now, with Magic Bands, I can't figure out how we can have a split stay with two dining plans and ensure our credits are taken from the correct plan. It's very important the way we've planned that we use our Deluxe credits until the end of the day we check-out, and not start using the regular dining credits until the next day. I know I can request a card still, are those tied ONLY to that room reservation? I plan on using the card instead of band anyway.

Anyone done a split stay with a dining plan on both reservations since Magic Bands took over?

Tried a search, but can't find examples of this scenario. We are doing a split stay between VGF with Deluxe Dining and VWL with basic Dining. It used to be we could continue to use the credits from our first stay by using that stay's KTTW card until midnight of check-out when paying for food with credits. This ensured we were subtracting credits from the correct dining plan. Now, with Magic Bands, I can't figure out how we can have a split stay with two dining plans and ensure our credits are taken from the correct plan. It's very important the way we've planned that we use our Deluxe credits until the end of the day we check-out, and not start using the regular dining credits until the next day. I know I can request a card still, are those tied ONLY to that room reservation? I plan on using the card instead of band anyway. Anyone done a split stay with a dining plan on both reservations since Magic Bands took over?

We are in the same boat you are. We will be doing a split stay first with deluxe dining 2 nights at GFV and regular dining plan for 5 nights at SSR. We are worried that we aren't going to be able to make it work with the new magic bands. I hope someone can help us figure it out.

We did this in November, but we did have both KTTW cards and Mbs. Still we used the MB for our dining plan. I think they automatically deduct from your first plan. But I checked on that last day just to be sure. When you get your receipt you will have an accounting of how'any TS credits you have left. If there is a discrepancy the concierge can fix it. I had a problem with mine. Not from the split stay but from a restaurant double charging us and the concierge took care of it for me.

Also you don't get your dining credits until you physically check in to your second resort. So, if you haven't checked in yet the credits won't be on your account yet anyways.

I"m also wondering about this issue, planning 3 nights deluxe followed by 7 nights regular dinning when we move from one resort to another. In my case I know we'll want to check in to villa #2 before we head out to have dinner using the last 2 TS from the 3 day deluxe plan and like OP not start using the regular plan until the following day.
The MBs are so new, perhaps no one has dealt w/ this specific issue. @ least I've seen no reports of "I lost 2 TS credits because the MBs switched my dinning plan over before midnight." So if something like that had happened, surely some one would have posted about that.

Also you don't get your dining credits until you physically check in to your second resort. So, if you haven't checked in yet the credits won't be on your account yet anyways.
Oh, I didn't know that. That is important to know because I wasn't planning on checking in to the next resort right away. I guess I'm going to have to. Thanks for the info

Oh, I didn't know that. That is important to know because I wasn't planning on checking in to the next resort right away. I guess I'm going to have to. Thanks for the info

I didn't know either. And I had the opposite problem of having used all my TS meals up so I needed to check in to get our credits before our next dinner!

I"m also wondering about this issue, planning 3 nights deluxe followed by 7 nights regular dinning when we move from one resort to another. In my case I know we'll want to check in to villa #2 before we head out to have dinner using the last 2 TS from the 3 day deluxe plan and like OP not start using the regular plan until the following day.
The MBs are so new, perhaps no one has dealt w/ this specific issue. @ least I've seen no reports of "I lost 2 TS credits because the MBs switched my dinning plan over before midnight." So if something like that had happened, surely some one would have posted about that.

Right. I was concerned too altjoght both of my plans were the regular plan. I do believe that MB will not mess it up for you. As others have started they are just a way of connecting to your account. If you have the dining credits there it will use them. You just have to be sure to use them up by midnight of the day you check out of your first resort.

Thanks for the advice. If anyone else sees this and has experience, I'd love to hear. Since we're traveling within the month, I'll try to report back after we've done it so everyone who's traveling later this year will know our experience!

Thanks for the advice. If anyone else sees this and has experience, I'd love to hear. Since we're traveling within the month, I'll try to report back after we've done it so everyone who's traveling later this year will know our experience!

Thx! I'll be looking for your report back.:surfweb:

When I was there in November the only thing we used the KTTW card for was extra FP's. we used our MB's for everything else the entire trip. Hope you have a great time! We will be going back soon too!

Okay, we had a split stay in September with MBs and the dining plan on each stay. We were warned that once we checked in for the second part of our stay the DP would draw from the new DP instead of the old one (which still had credits). The CM told us to check our receipt after our first DP purchase and bring it back to the front desk or Concierge if it wasn't debiting correctly. It didn't, so we brought it back, and it took about 5 min. to fix. Just be aware that this could happen, check your receipt on your first purchase, and know that you may need to go to Concierge. Who knows? Maybe they've fixed this by now. ;)

Okay, we had a split stay in September with MBs and the dining plan on each stay. We were warned that once we checked in for the second part of our stay the DP would draw from the new DP instead of the old one (which still had credits). The CM told us to check our receipt after our first DP purchase and bring it back to the front desk or Concierge if it wasn't debiting correctly. It didn't, so we brought it back, and it took about 5 min. to fix. Just be aware that this could happen, check your receipt on your first purchase, and know that you may need to go to Concierge. Who knows? Maybe they've fixed this by now. ;)
You know you've gone through too many Disney 'tech' upgrades/changes when you can predict where the glitch will be:rolleyes:
So, the MB pulled from your second DP after you'd checked in despite still having credits on the first and it not yet being midnight. But you took the receipt to the concierge who 'fixed it'? Curious to know how they 'fixed it - I assume they returned the erroneously used credits to the current DP.

Just wanted to post back with some info we learned on our trip. We did NOT end up using two dining plans. We changed some reservations around, and the second plan didn't make sense any more. What we had was the Deluxe plan at VGF Sunday-Wednesday and no plan at VWL Wednesday-Friday.

I asked when checking in at VGF about using credits on our last day. He said that as long as BOTH hotel stays were linked by the SAME person in MDE, then the credits would transfer over. We had three total hotel stays that trip, and we didn't know who linked what, but just took our chances that the same person had. He said it did not matter that we both had shared planning on MDE, apparently the person that initiated the hotel link in MDE was important.

We used our credits up until the close of Epcot on Wednesday night, so using our remaining credits was no problem.

Judging by what ended up on each room charge bill, I think room charging might have switched to VWL around 4:00 check-in time (we had actually checked in at VWL at 11:00am, so arriving at the second hotel didn't seem to matter).

Based on these experiences, I'd guess that as long as the same person linked both split stays in MDE, you should probably be able to use all of your remaining credits from your first DDP before the system starts to pull from your second DDP. But if you plan to do so, it's probably worth bringing up when you check-in just in case anything changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter