Split Stay with Free Dining Plan

wickedfungirl

Earning My Ears
Not sure if this has been covered anywhere - but wondering if anyone can help me out.
I am considering splitting my stay in late Aug/early Sept between BCV (2 nights - renting points) and then five nights AKL.

I am interested in doing the Magic your way tickets with the free dining. Can I get the seven day ticket with the dining for a split stay?

Any help appreciated!

As far as I read you can order any length of ticket you want. The dining will only be good for your length of stay under the package though. So you could do a 5 night package with a 7 day ticket and the dining plan is good for the 5 nights.

You can get a 7 day ticket, but it will be tied to your AKL ressie, so you wouldn't get it until you check in. You may want to consider reversing your plans, doing AKL then DVC, so you have your tickets for the entire stay.

It's going to have to be broken up into 2 seperate ressies. So you'll have to pay for a 2 day ticket then a 5 day ticket. We wanted to split our stay but then we had to book 2 seperate ressies with 2 downpayments, and 2 sets of tickets.

We tried doing a split stay with the MYW and dining and here's what I found out. It has to be a minimum 3 night stay to qualify for free dining. Then each resort stay has to be a seperate ressie, so park tickets must be split between the 2 packages. The way Disney does their tickets now, that the longer you stay, the cheaper the tickets, it was coming out to more money for us. We were going to split 3 nights CR and 3 nights BCV. But with the increased ticket price and all, we just decided to stay at the CR all 6 nights. Hope this helps!

bear in mind that your dining credits will "expire" at midnight of the day you check out, so they cannot carry over into your BCV stay... for just that reason, we cut our 2 night AKL stay down to one night and increased our 7 nights at POFQ to 8 nights... free dining is worth more than an extra day experiencing a deluxe resort... at least for us!

What if I only want the free dining for a portion of my trip and want ap disocunt for the other part but i want to stay at the same resort.

Can I do AP disocunt one night, Dining package the next 5 and then AP discount the next night.
This would be 3 separate reservations.
Can I stay at the same room in the resort or have to check out and in each time?
We get in late the first night 11 pm
and leave early the last day 7 am
So I don't need dining those days and would like the ap discount for the room.

Is this doable? allowed?

Comments????

you can make three ressies as you outlined... but you may not get the same room for each ressie... it will depend on how busy it is and what other ressies they have coming/going those days...

i would have no problem using my extra dining credits over the course of a seven night stay, even w/the late arrival/early departure... you can go to some of the 2 credit TS restaurants (i strongly recommend HDDR) and if you have cs credits leftover you can have breakfast on your departure day as well as take some items to go for your trip home :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter