Split-Stay Renting DVC Points. Still 2 ADR days?

Gary Stocker

DIS Veteran
So I have been reading that if you have a split-stay that you would need to book 2 separate ADR dates, 1 for each reservation.

I am anticipating this is still the case however has anyone had any recent experiences with this, in particular with renting DVC points if that makes any difference?

Appreciate any guidance.

Gary

Renting DVC points doesn’t make any difference. You still have 2 ADR booking windows, checkin through checkout day of the first reservation, then checkin through checkout day of the second. At least you can book that overlapping checkout/checkin day on the first go-round!

Renting DVC points doesn’t make any difference. You still have 2 ADR booking windows, checkin through checkout day of the first reservation, then checkin through checkout day of the second. At least you can book that overlapping checkout/checkin day on the first go-round!
I thought as much but was hoping I was wrong. Thanks!

We had a split stay booked for thanksgiving. I was able to call the dining phone number and the cast member was able to book adrs for the second part of my stay when the first window opened. He knew exactly what i was asking to do.
Great info! Thank you!

We had a split stay booked for thanksgiving. I was able to call the dining phone number and the cast member was able to book adrs for the second part of my stay when the first window opened. He knew exactly what i was asking to do.
Was this a DVC or a cash stay? My experience and understanding has been no exception for DVC.

Like many things it seems perhaps it's dependent on the Cast Member that answers. Either way will try... I am still 4 months away from my ADR dates but it has been my experience that reservations like Space 220 Lounge and 'Ohana (although I do see availability during my trip for that one) are available towards the end of the window.

Thanks for the info and will let everyone know (in February lol) how it went!

Like many things it seems perhaps it's dependent on the Cast Member that answers. Either way will try... I am still 4 months away from my ADR dates but it has been my experience that reservations like Space 220 Lounge and 'Ohana (although I do see availability during my trip for that one) are available towards the end of the window.

Thanks for the info and will let everyone know (in February lol) how it went!
So how did it go?

So how did it go?
Got everything I wanted except space220 lounge..but much like the last trip when we got there we ended up canceling most ADRs....kept ohans which was still amazing with a fireworks view..and kept mama melrose for the Fantasmic package..which we ended up giving to another family of 5 celebrating a birthday...the heat was more conducive to quick service and snacks..there was a alot of availability during the trip...the cancelation policy really works out for last minute adrs...

If you call in, verses doing it online, most CMs will look up the info and take care of it for you. If you get somebody who won't, call back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter