Split Stay and Length of Tickets

jkevlin1232

VTHappyGirl
I have searched some prior threads for this but didn't find the exact question so wanted to ask for some expert advice.

We have a 12 day trip planned with a split stay between CR and Poly. When I first booked this was going to be just CR for the entire time
but DH really, really likes Poly and he barely goes with us so we decided to make it into a split stay.

For the tickets -- right now we have 10 days all tied to the CR reservation. Can I keep it that way or is there any need/advantage to having just
the # of days at CR be the # of days of tickets on that reservation, then add tickets to the Poly reservation for the # of nights at the Poly?

The only difference on the front end was the deposit if doing a room only vs package. I would think its easier just to keep the 10 day ticket tied
to the original CR reservation and not worry about shortening it and then having to add tickets to the Poly stay. Is there anything else to consider? TIA....

You'd have to check the validity dates of those tickets tied to the first stay to see if they'll roll over to the second stay, I can't remember how long they are good for these days.

I have searched some prior threads for this but didn't find the exact question so wanted to ask for some expert advice.

We have a 12 day trip planned with a split stay between CR and Poly. When I first booked this was going to be just CR for the entire time
but DH really, really likes Poly and he barely goes with us so we decided to make it into a split stay.

For the tickets -- right now we have 10 days all tied to the CR reservation. Can I keep it that way or is there any need/advantage to having just
the # of days at CR be the # of days of tickets on that reservation, then add tickets to the Poly reservation for the # of nights at the Poly?

The only difference on the front end was the deposit if doing a room only vs package. I would think its easier just to keep the 10 day ticket tied
to the original CR reservation and not worry about shortening it and then having to add tickets to the Poly stay. Is there anything else to consider? TIA....
Your 10 day tickets should be good for 14 days from 1st use - regardless of where you stay.

right now we have 10 days all tied to the CR reservation. Can I keep it that way
Since re-opening the resort packages have limited tickets to length of stay for that reservation. I think a supervisor or Guest Services can override it, but you'll have to call.

then add tickets to the Poly reservation for the # of nights at the Poly?
Don't do that. It will cost a lot more.

Im doing a split stay also. and I did a10-day ticket for first pkg but only staying at CR for 6 nights in April 2022. I did room only for second stay for 4 nights. you should be fine doing Poly as room only, but you need to pay one night's deposit as it is not a pkg

One other thing to remember about split stay is each checkin starts a new ADR window (eta- never mind).

So ADRs can be booked at 60 days from checkin at CSR for the length of that stay, and then the Poly checkin day will start at 60 day window again for length of that stay.

Sounds like a fun trip! 😊

Last edited:
One other thing to remember about split stay is each checkin starts a new ADR window (and FP window if that ever comes back).

So ADRs can be booked at 60 days from checkin at CSR for the length of that stay, and then the Poly checkin day will start at 60 day window again for length of that stay.

Sounds like a fun trip! 😊
It did not start a new FP window in the past. You could book FPs for however many days tickets you had regardless of split stay or not. ADRs were different windows though.

It did not start a new FP window in the past. You could book FPs for however many days tickets you had regardless of split stay or not. ADRs were different windows though.
You are right! FP is becoming such a distant memory I’m forgetting the finer points lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter