Spin-off Parking fees... switching hotels

And they are strict about who can stay there. My DH served 7 years in the reserves but is not eligible. You must be full time military or retired after 20 years of service. Those who are eligible to stay there definitely deserve that and much more for their service to our country.

Was just looking to see if I could find photos of those shrubs and came across this.....

Disney Imaginears were at their best many years ago. To use Sleepy on the sign of their Inn! Genius!

upload_2018-3-29_19-43-0.png

Sad to know Disney is now in the hands of unimaginitive engineers.

And they are strict about who can stay there. My DH served 7 years in the reserves but is not eligible. You must be full time military or retired after 20 years of service. Those who are eligible to stay there definitely deserve that and much more for their service to our country.

Yes! We went the very last year Micky was eligible. No more military discounts for us, but it was great at the time!

Come on now - unimaginative? Pandora took a pretty big imagination... :)

Havent seen it yet. My last trip was about a week before it opened last year.

But one example of unimaginative is SDMT. There is ZERO detail in the ride.

And the Winnie the Pooh ride. WOW......

And all the "renovated" resort rooms. Double WOW!

Havent seen it yet. My last trip was about a week before it opened last year.

But one example of unimaginative is SDMT. There is ZERO detail in the ride.

And the Winnie the Pooh ride. WOW......

And all the "renovated" resort rooms. Double WOW!

Completey disagree with everything you just posted.

SDMT - it's too short, yes. But zero detail? Seriously? Maybe your eyes were closed in the mine...

New rooms - clean, crisp, beautiful! The best thing Disney ever did was get ride of those horrible, horrible bed spreads they used to have. I CAN'T WAIT to stay in the Yacht Club renovated rooms, they look amazing! :)

Winnie the Pooh - classic Disney dark ride for little kids.

To each her own I guess!

Completey disagree with everything you just posted.

SDMT - it's too short, yes. But zero detail? Seriously? Maybe your eyes were closed in the mine...

New rooms - clean, crisp, beautiful!

Winnie the Pooh - classic Disney dark ride for little kids.

To each her own I guess!

HAHahhha!

SDMT - went on and on without ANY scenery. Other than the end, I would barely know if I was on SDMT or Big Thunder Mt.

Winnie the Pooh....was and light and bright as Ive ever seen ..

OK, so after I just wrote this, I went get a video to prove you wrong. Clearly the day I went on, the ride must have been broken because the whole thing was with the lights on and NON of the animation was happening. I was weaved in and out of white walls, which were suppose to be pages from the WtP books with quotes written on the walls. That was it. So either they did a BIG renovation, or I rode a broken ride and they never told me. Now I have to go back..that looked so cute!!

And for the rooms... (Yacht Club example)

So cute and nautical Disney-like and this doesnt even show the Mickey Lamps!

upload_2018-3-29_20-16-37.png

upload_2018-3-29_20-22-43.png

upload_2018-3-29_20-23-7.png

Now :(

upload_2018-3-29_20-18-14.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-29_20-20-57.png
    upload_2018-3-29_20-20-57.png
    267.4 KB · Views: 3
HAHahhha!

SDMT - went on and on without ANY scenery. Other than the end, I would barely know if I was on SDMT or Big Thunder Mt.

OK, so after I just wrote this, I went get a video to prove you wrong. Clearly the day I went on, the ride must have been broken because the whole thing was with the lights on and NON of the animation was happening. I was weaved in and out of white walls, which were suppose to be pages from the WtP books with quotes written on the walls. That was it. So either they did a BIG renovation, or I rode a broken ride and they never told me. Now I have to go back..that looked so cute!!

View attachment 312491

View attachment 312494

View attachment 312495

View attachment 312492

So, you can't really "prove me wrong" since it's my opinion.

I still think Disney has imaginative Imagineers.
I enjoy SDMT outside of the fact it's short.
I think the Yacht Club reno looks amazing (all the hotel renos actually).

The end. :)

Last edited:
Since we've been talking about Shades of Green, it isn't bizarre. The DOD owns it now and they have every right to allow only military families on their property. Your argument is not valid.
Since my earlier post was not an argument but merely an absurdist response it's validity is not in question unless we are living in a world Man Ray created;).

Since my earlier post was not an argument but merely an absurdist response it's validity is not in question unless we are living in a world Man Ray created;).

Touche haha!! Might be a foolish question, and definitely off track but what is Man Ray? Lol

Touche haha!! Might be a foolish question, and definitely off track but what is Man Ray? Lol
Man Ray was an artist who participated in Surrealism and Dadaism...both "schools of anti art" which is a joke in and of itself.
This is an example of his work that always makes me giggle...I mean you really should iron your clothing while it's being ripped to shreds:

https://americanart.si.edu/artwork/cadeau-serie-ii-15597

Of course Trip Advisor has a lot of reviews to check but here are some of our regular choices in the area:

Chuy's - Tex Mex
Del Taco - so much better than Taco Bell (actually this is over by Universal)
Giordano's - deep dish pizza
Cracker Barrel - good home style food and good prices and all day breakfast menu
Hash House a Go-Go - HUGE pancakes, breakfast menu all day, and a large variety of other items
Buca di Beppo - Italian, family style
Kobe - great for late night happy hour sushi, or go for teppanyaki
Old Town - Flippers, Mr. Sushi, Jimmy John's
King O Falafel - Middle Eastern food

You can also go to CityWalk at Universal too, there are a good amount of restaurants. The Toothsome Chocolate Factory is really amazing for desserts. The Red Brick Pizza place is also excellent, kind of like Via Napoli pizza.

Yea, though some people class up the joint and hang the off the balcony railing.

I always bring at least two bathing suits; I find that my suits never dry within 24 hours, with all the humidity (and I don't dry them outside).

While I love my hard wood floors at home, they do look dirty faster and are louder when walking.

LOL, Dhis actually vacuuming right now as I type this (just had to lift my feet for him) because I was JUST complaining how gross our carpet feels all the time now. Even through my socks it just feels dirty and awful. We wand a hard surface floor so bad in our living room but there are some much needed renovations that need to happen that will require us ripping up the floor but are too expensive to do now that it wouldn't make sense to pay for the new floor only to have to rip it up later.

LOL, Dhis actually vacuuming right now as I type this (just had to lift my feet for him) because I was JUST complaining how gross our carpet feels all the time now. Even through my socks it just feels dirty and awful. We wand a hard surface floor so bad in our living room but there are some much needed renovations that need to happen that will require us ripping up the floor but are too expensive to do now that it wouldn't make sense to pay for the new floor only to have to rip it up later.

We have cats so hard wood makes for easier cleaning for hair, accidents, etc. but it also shows the hair, litter, etc. faster!

HAHahhha!

View attachment 312491

View attachment 312494

View attachment 312495

View attachment 312492
So, you can't really "prove me wrong" since it's my opinion.

I still think Disney has imaginative Imagineers.
I enjoy SDMT outside of the fact it's short.
I think the Yacht Club reno looks amazing (all the hotel renos actually).

The end. :)

The renovations are nice, in a generic way. The rooms still look clean, but the boating motif is gone. I liked the older version much better!! I'm glad when I stayed at Boardwalk we still had the Mickey lamp and Atlantic City 1920s theming!! I wonder what Beach Club's rooms look like now. Absolutely loved that Hotel when I stayed in 2004!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter