Spin Cycle Journal (Comments Welcome)

Happy Birthday :cheer2: How do you like your VitaMix? I ordered one from QVC this week - can't wait to get it. I've been wanting one for a long time. Is it easy to work with?

Weight - oh I am positive it is high.

I am very frustrated bc I have made so many changes and improvements but nothing seems to work. I still want to eat lots of calories at night - preferably sugar. I rejoined the gym. I did pretty good going times a week for a month, then lost my time sequencing over DS's spring break. I am also taking a college course so that has been a time drain too. I am soon to start bioidentical hormones. I visited my new MD and sent in the lab kit. Hopefully in a few more weeks I will be starting that intervention too.

My Fitness Pal: log in every night.

Exercise Goals for week:
Work - walk 2 circuits a day. Take steps to bathroom.

Sat - yes gym for 30 min!
Sun- yes gym for 60 min! (5 min stairstepper/20 min run/walk 2 min intervals/ kettle bells & weight machines 35 min)
Mon- C25K am with one dog.
Tues- Spin 30 min
Wed- walk dogs
Thurs-spin 30 or C25K
Fri-rest
Sat/Sun Gym

Peace to me.

Yikes! I am sore today. One hour at the gym yesterday was basically an big overdo. Might only be able to walk tonight I am so stiff.

Revised goal: Walk 2 mi with dogs - hill route.

No weight today.

Healthy things so far:

Sun night I did an extra walk between baseball fields and where I parked the car. It was cold, so maybe I got some cold therapy a la 4 Hour Body! ha ha.

Mon.: Went to a dermatologist today for a skin check. All good. Hopefully my wart will successfully freeze off.

Need to get my weight tomorrow...

Hi to me,

Weight last 2 days is #182.8! :eek:

Mon- exhausted but did manage to walk 2 circuits at work.
Tues- still sore from Sun gym session! Walked dogs 2 mi in evening
Wed- super tired... pedometer 4679 and got my hair cut!
Today: why am I so tired?? school meeting tonight. Sigh.

Things I am doing well:

Not snacking at work!
Drinking plenty of water!
Last 2 days back to My Fitness Pal logging.
Trying to take it one day at a time.

Bad crap: why did my smoothie spill all over my new dress today?

weight today still #182.8. Freakin' high.

Doing well on MFP. It works well for me to log in at the end of dinner at home to see if there are any snack calories left!

Friday: C25K w2run2 on TM. After cool down it was 30 min 2.05 mi. Also did 3 leg/back machines before heading out.

Sat: Just did 3 mi hill walk with dogs. I planned to go to gym, but it is beautiful out and they were acting up.

Good things I am doing:
popcorn is a decent snack at night.
water intake good.
now tracking through work on mileage.
doing pretty good with one diet coke a day.
I am present on this effort.

Plan for next few days:
Try to walk at least 2 loops a day at work.
Sun- run at gym/ weights
Mon-3 mi walk or gym
Tues- class (try for 10,000 steps through course of day)

Hello-

Attitude a little down today. No weight loss yet. I cringe every time the scale registers #182.5.

Still doing OK with MFP.
Did make excellent gym effort on Sun. Finished C25K week 2. This week I plan to run 3/2 intervals. I have even picked out some 5Ks to target to run between July and December! This time I don't plan to up my mileage until later...

Plan is to walk dogs tonight unless it storms, then I'll spin.

Weight: #182.8
Yesterday was a typo. No change. This whole calories in = calories out is not really true post surgical menopause. I hate learning things firsthand.

But there are other reasons to eat right and exercise besides having a desire to look svelte again rather than thick and frumpy. Health. That is good. Hopefully when I start hormone therapy things will improve.

SO last night I did walk the dogs. My pedometer read out 2.45 mi when I got home. It wasn't the fastest walk ever but I did break a sweat a few times and we did some hills. Good news is I cracked 5 miles walking yesterday!

Good news is dinner was nice. Good news is I also worked diligently at my messy guest room. Good news is drank a strawberry and milk smoothie last night as my sweet! Yum and healthful!

Class tonight. I am going to try for 10,000 steps today. If I have any energy I might hit the gym on my way home and run?

Weight. Well no change.

Pedometer yesterday only 2.74 miles. Just VERY busy at work and could not escape. Today is about the same.

Food - One bad thing is I woke up at 4 am and ate some animal crackers.

Weight #182.8

Sigh. Well I did not gain! :) DSs bday, lots of rich meals, guests in town, no exercise...

Did manage run 1 of 3/2 intervals in the heat on Sunday. I went really slow due to the heat. Sunburned shoulders...

Started hormones last night! We shall see if they make a difference now. Also need to get back to MFP logging...

Exercise Plan:

Mon- Hospital wait room duty. Zero.
Tues- last class!
Wed- run
Thurs-gym?
Fri-run
Sat- gym
Sun gym or run or both...

Forgot to wear pedometer today. Did some extra walking while garage saling today. Maslow cleaning and doing laundry this evening so lots of wandering around and steps. Also did last 3/2 interval this evening probably a little short of 2.5 mi. But I ran some hills!

Weight the same. In general hormones,do seem to be giving me some energy...

All week I have noted my energy level is increasing. I actually have energy! Even in the morning I am feeling better. I truly feel bioidentical hormones kicking in with one full week of use. Less hot flashes, actually feeling cool when it is cool, and sleep seems a little more restful.

AND I weighed myself today after eating breakfast just bc I had taken a break from the whole daily depressing visit to my scale - #181.4.

My exercise is increasing. I am wearing the pedometer at work. I am trying to move around more and having some success though work is very busy. I am currently running a 5/3 interval. It feels like a runner to run for 5 minutes at a time! Walking up some steps I could feel I was not gasping for breath too so I am on a better path overall.

Things to focus on:

I need to start spinning at least twice a week on my non C25K days.
I have sort of stopped My Fitness Pal but I think now I should focus on calories and value of what I am eating.
Gym - I haven't been there much!

Thankfulness. Honestly I feel really good even though I am overweight. I am so lucky my body is healthy. The least I can do is try to give it better energy and exercise.

Had a nice weekend. Did a lot of organizational catch up. Gave blood. Read a book for fun. Went on a motorcycle ride. Went to a baseball game.

Did another run too. I am on my fourth week of running. Loosely following C25K. This week I plan to run on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Weight - well, I am thankful to say it has gone down a bit more! #180.4.

Goal #1 = #165

Had a very good day yesterday. Ate well. Exercised a fair amount. Ran my first run of week 6 to try to get back into running. It went really well. The heat is coming up though this weekend and I will need to run in the morning for sure on Sat.

I have not been going to the gym... But at least I am exercising. With the heat coming up I can get back indoors...

Weight: #180.2 (down .2!)

Drank coffee this am with no hot flush! Hormones definitely helping!!!

Doing OK on minutes of exercise challenge. Doing OK on Tread the Med at work. Doing OK on C25K. About to hit Week 7, jogging for 25 minutes straight! Heat is up. Last night was a little tough. I am a snail running and will definitely need to work on speedwork once I am up to 30 minutes of running straight.

Will try to focus on MFP over the long weekend to keep myself accountable calorie wise.

Friday - Walk Dogs
Sat - RUN AM C25k W6R3
Sun-GYM/Walk Dogs
Mon- RUN AM C25k W7R1

Weight same at #180.2. i am hoping I drop to the 170's soon!!!:beach:

Hi Colleen -

Glad to hear that you are feeling less blue -- it seems (from the frequency of your posts) that you're getting back on track. Hope things continue to go better for you -- and the 170s are very close!

:eek:Very hot weekend. I did run on Sat. I had to stop a few times for a minute and then run again, but I did get the time in. After that I sort of lost my exercise focus. I did not do MFP either. Weight this am was #182.4. Can we say wrong way??

Tonight is C25K R1W8.

Colleen --

perhaps I should say something inspirational/motivational about how there are bound to be ups and downs, blah blah. But what I will say is that it really sucks when you see the scale moving in the wrong direction.

One of the things I love about your thread is now often you say how thankful you are -- so I'm thankful to have found this thread!

hang in there -
S

Well the May minute challenge was a good thing for me! I am at 745/800 and will be running C25K tonight (rain or not I will slog it out to make that goal!). It also motivated me to run Tuesday night. It was about 8 PM when I told myself too bad you are tired, go run! Once I was out with my young dog, 25 minutes of running blew by as we toured up and down the subdivision streets. I then walked home and switched dogs and walked around the block with my senior dog. She was so happy, prancing and shaking her collar - how could I not share in her mood? One hour gone = mood much better post run! Yay!

Other good news= COLD FRONT! As my minutes ramp up to for 2 more 25 minute runs and my first 28 minute run it will be COOL! What a gift!

Some wonderful news on the clutter front too. DS's clothes were usually stacked on our guest bed bc they have outgrown his small dresser. After searching on Craigslist sporadically for a few months, we spotted a clean looking one and DH picked it up for $120! It looks great and now there will be no excuse for DS's clean clothes to remain on the guest bed! :cloud9: I am also planning a large clutter attack in basement this weekend in preparation for a 6/9 garage sale!

Weight, well I weighed yesterday. No change. This morning I did not weigh myself. I don't need this weight, so why is it sticking around!?

But I feel really good! Energy level good today. Looking forward to the run tonight. It is such a nice thing to be able to blow your hair dry and not start having hot flashes.

June goals:
1. MFP Yup I really need to get serious about calorie counting as I know some nights I am blowing it (like last night).
2. Keep up the running. Sign up for a few 5Ks.
3. Exercise during vacation. Walk. Hike. Run.
4. Two times a week weight training.
5. To help with exercise goals - do June exercise minutes of 850.

Well I love my iPad. I cried in joy when I got it. Right now I am sitting in my backyard in front of a campfire!

Pedometer today 7300. Not bad.

Did MFP today. The reason I should do it was elucidated today. Too many calories, significantly over 1200.

I did run and walk dogs last night too for an hour so I met my 800 minute exercise goal. Weight zero change and clearly unlikely to until I religiously calorie count.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter