Spin Art

RedAngie

Sea Level Lady
The Crayola Experience thread reminded me of something from long ago.

Many carnivals and fairgrounds had a booth for Spin Art. You poured small amounts of different colored paints on a piece of white cardboard in a cylinder. The cardboard rotated quickly and voila!!! Instant “art.”

IMG_5967.jpeg

IMG_5968.jpeg

I did this a handful of times in my youth and was always so proud of my masterpieces. :flower:

Well if Pollock can become a master by flinging paint at a canvass, you should be able to do so with spin art. BTW those were fun. It sure beat having to play time and time again to end up spending 15 bucks for one of those horses all the girls wanted that ended up being worth $3.95.

There is a new generation of painters doing this. The very fluid process is called "acrylic paint pouring." It can be done with or without spinning. And there are more techniques involved to lay down and move the paint around besides just dripping it.

Here is one technique to make a flower utilizing a marbleizing technique before spinning it:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter