Speech Apraxia?

my son is14 with down's and severe apraxia of speech-he uses a communication device-very limited speech and uninteligible unless you know what topic he is on-which he could be talking about a movie-and not the topic you thought was taking place!

he uses a lot of pictures and loves technology-see if your state/city has a communication center-I use children's hospital boston-the communication enhancement center-we go every 6 months-get ideas for school-programming-next goals to shoot for-
this may be it for his speech-but he needs to beef up on how to communicate in other ways sign is great when they are little-but the bus driver, employees are not going to know sign-it is great to alleviate frustration for the kids-they can tell you what they want

he'll repeat some things-but he had a bad dream the other day when he was napping-he woke up calling mom-mom

he was so happy to see me-he hugged me and said-i love you for the 1st time on his own! usually at bedtime we go through the family-and he repeats-i love you papa-i love you dad....etc

just have patience-disney is wonderful to us-you'll never see and do everything even if you went solo-you'll be back!

HOPING they add a p&pp may 6th-brenny's bday and we won't be there the 2nd or the 9th
we went last year-better than any of the other after hours parties!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter