Spectacular September - September 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

My entire adulthood has consisted of putting a stop to doing things that are not good for me. These are the things I have stopped so far:
Stop saying, “yes” to everyone
Stop being a people pleaser
Stop worrying about what others think
Stop being codependent
Stop allowing toxic people to be in my life
Stop being a doormat

I have only just started. I still have a ways to go.

Today I'll woohoo for the weather we're having, which has been perfection. We're to the point in autumn where the light starts to change: we're so far north that when earth starts to tilt away from the sun the sunlight becomes slanted and casts different shadows... one of the great delights of the good weather we're having is that we see the sunshine during the day and can really appreciate the slanty-ness.

And woohoo I'm finally getting motived to deep clean the basement. My goal for this weekend is two trips to Goodwill and a drop off at the local recycling event. I've already moved things around and started piling the stuff for the junk pick-up in one area. Yesterday I was looking in the closet, which I haven't done for at least 5 years, and I think anything in there can go to GW and then the bags of extra linens (a weakness, I probably have six different quilts and at least that many different sets of curtains) can be moved in to the closet. At this point I'm totally hyper-focused with thinking it all thru, hopefully that will carry thru to actually getting it done.

Woowhoo had a great night out last night and boy did I need it! Went out with coworkers for some friendly competition, we did ax throwing and a timemission (cross between escape room, floor is lava and party games). I got home exhausted but happy. It was quite the workout am sore today. Wish it wasn't as expensive as it is because I would continue to do both those things as a workout.

Wahoo we didn't have to make dinner for DS2 and family tonight. DH and I are tired and really didn't feel like company so it's nice that they'd made a mistake and meant next Wednesday!

Wahoo DH's mom is out of the hospital and back at her nursing center. She took a tumble, broke her tale bone and cracked her pelvis. No surgery needed and she was back to her usual self when we visited with her tonight.

WHOOOHOO happy Wednesday-I started typing last night and had to get DD to soccer so picking up today!!! Whooohooo that my weekend starts tonight at 5! This week has been long and I am looking forward to the weekend!

Thankful Thursday-so very thankful that my oldest nieces surgery went amazingly well on Tuesday. She came home the same day (not expected) AND went to school today (also not expected). Next hurdle is healing and then hopefully regaining hearing in her ear that she had the surgery on 🙏🏼

@Summer2018 i am so glad your ok ❤️

Got some good news at work yesterday, so thankful for that.

Also thankful that I've finally found the energy/drive to get the basement sorted out... it's been on my list of to do's for two years. I did quite a bit of sorting last night and will be loading up the car for GW during my lunch break, then that drop-off will be tomorrow. And thankful that the neighborhood recycling event Saturday so perfectly aligns with my need to get things out of the house, as they will take my old printer, vacuum cleaners and microwave. After I drop off there, I'll get another car load sorted for GW. Phew, feeling lighter just thinking about it... and thankful for that.

Thankful for good medical services for my mother in law who took a tumble, and got great service.

Thankful for modern medicine and a comfy bed I will soon collapse into. I'm feeling like I might be catching something and so have taken some pills and will soon sleep. Thankful I have paid sick leave if I need it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter