Souvenirs for classmates

KatieLovesMickey

Mouseketeer
We're going to WDW in 16(!) days with our 2 DD's, ages 6 and 5. They would both like to bring back a small token from Disney for each of their classmates and teachers, for a grand total of 41 trinkets! Yikes!! Does anyone have any ideas of something small that would appeal to both boys and girls?
Thanks a lot!!

I too wanted to bring back my DS's pre school class something....
i have decided on Pressed Coins
The machines will imprint on a penny (51 cents total cost ) or on a quarter ($1.25 total). This is probably the least expensive souvenir that i have come across. I think the kids would like these and may even want to trade with each other!

check out debs site for more info on the pressed coins
http://wdwig.com/penny.htm

Lisa
smash.gif

We went with a bag of Mickey candy to share with my DS's class. They also had boxes of cookies and pretzels. I sent each child in my class a post card (.50 plus the stamp). Other ideas might be things you can get in a pack and split up. These might include pencils, tatoos, stickers etc. Things cost a lot more than you expect! 43 of most small souvenirs will add up fast. Good luck and have a blasst.

Jordan's mom

Someone posted this before our last trip and said they got a LOT of stickers from a cast member somewhere. I'm not sure where we were and I asked a CM if we could have 20 stickers. They gave me about 50 - just pulled them off their roll. And it was free!!

I'm going to do the same thing for my DD's kindergarten class. On another thread, I gathered this info:

A bag of Mickey-shaped pretzels at the World of Disney store, chocolate coins with the characters' pictures and also the character shortbread cookies. These could be used for snack time.

Lollipops wrapped with Mickey's face. I believe you get 10 in a bundle. They are varied colors, shaped like Mickey's head and have Mickey's face on the cellophane. They are sold in all the parks.

You can ask one of the CMs for the free stickers they hand out. They will tear you off a bunch. Even if the first CM did not hand you enough you could hit up a few more!

Buy some postcards and have characters sign them.

Epcot at the World Showcase -- get some of the food from every country for them to share.

Mickey shaped straw – the Confectionary at MK gave them free when asked. Others paid 5 cents at Cinderella’s Table.

We had diner at the castle and my DD's drink came with a mickey shaped straw. WE asked the server about buying approx 20 of these straws for her to take back to her class. We were told they would be (if I remember correctly) $.20 apiece. We said YUP!!! please bag them up. The server made sure they were all one color so there would be no fighting and they did not charge us for them. We even pointed this out when we were paying the bill and we were told there was no charge. If you are going to the castle for dinner of lunch you maywant to check out this option.

Are thre straws the regular disposable kind or harder plastic that can be washed and reused?

Thanks!

There are some great ideas there - sweets/candy is always a good bet anyway! I think we'll probably send postcards to DS & DD school, so that the teacher can read it out in class - that way nobody gets left out (even if you send a card to everyone classmate, chances are one may get lost en-route!).

We did the Mickey shaped pretzels for kids snacks... they were like 79 cents a bag, and a bag went a long way. Kids loved them.

Since our school district has a no food sharing policy (too many allergies to deal with!) I got pressed pennies for my kindergarten class. I had the students tell me who their favorite Disney character was, and I printed out the penny machine lists from the 'net. DD and I had a great time finding the machines, it was really nice to have something to do while older DD went on the wilder rides with DH.

I bought two packs of postcards at AKL, and wrote a brief message on each one, then taped the pressed pennies on to them. I didn't mail them though ;) , just handed them out when I got home.

Schmeck

Thanks for all the great ideas!

I'll pass on your suggestions and let the girls decide.

Now, back to the boards for more last-minute info...

There are some great ideas here, thanks everyone!

We have gone the sticker and bag of pretzels/candy route in the past, but I love the pressed penny idea. Asking ahead of time who was everyone's favorite character was a way to really make it special too! :)

Thanks for all the great ideas!

I'll pass on your suggestions and let the girls decide.

Now, back to the boards for more last-minute info...

The Mickey shaped straws are hard plastic, but DO NOT put them in the dishwasher or they will lose their shape! Found out the hard way. We also found Disney pencils, 8 in a pack, for $4.

Wow! I got jipped! I paid 49 cents each for Mickey-shaped straws at our food court (PO-FQ). Oh well! They are very cute!

I love the idea of having characters sign the postcards! There certainly were a lot of them out. (We were at the parks from 11-14 through 11-18.)

The pressed penny idea is great too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter