Southwest: how to change flight for just one member of the reservation..help!!!!

sazzifrazz

Mouseketeer
There are 4 of us on one southwest reservation. One person is now going to leave on a different day. How do I change just one person?

Try on the southwest site click ~book air~.

On the drop down menu that appears, click ~change reservation~.

Put in your confirmation # & name then click ~continue~.

Next screen probably will show all 4 on that confirmation #. Click on ONLY the person who needs to change.

Continue on carefully. You get really far in the process before anything is final, will see a page showing cost, which is obvious if you owe more or will receive a credit.

When you get to that final screen you have to click ~~I ACCEPT THESE CHANGES~~ before you commit to a new flight and the old one is released.

I've only done changes involving everyone on a confirmation #, however it seems by clicking on only one name in the beginning of the process you could do make your change that way. If not, then give southwest a call.
:thumbsup2

I have to change one person too, but when i put in the person name & conf. # all the names come up and there is no box to check for just one person. It also says changing ressies will change everyone in the the group. :confused3

My friend just had the same situation and she just called SW and took care of it for her, it was very easy.

Yes, you do have to call. I had to do it once & it was very easy over the phone. Good luck & have a great vacation!

Thank you, i will be calling tomorrow, waiting for dh to make up his mind which day/flight he will be able to fly.

I too had to call and they split the record into two separate reservations, with the original confirmation number belonging to those making no changes and the other person receiving a new confirmation number. The res agent then asked me to do the change myself on their website on the new reservation.

BobK/Orlando

I too had to call and they split the record into two separate reservations, with the original confirmation number belonging to those making no changes and the other person receiving a new confirmation number. The res agent then asked me to do the change myself on their website on the new reservation.

BobK/Orlando

Just wanted to update that this is the same way they do it still, though the agent offered to do the change for me by phone. I opted to do it online. Have your original confirmation number handy to apply the travel funds to the new ticket. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter