Southwest Early Bird Checkin

You will not get an email. You can go online to check your boarding numbers, but not until 24 hours before the flight.

Thanks! I'm using EBCI for the first time next week.

I am on the fence if we need EBCI or not....

It will be our first plane trip with DD4 and DD6. It's my understanding that family boarding is betewen A/B, althought I have friends who have seen families go before A as recently as yesterday!

It is also a SOLD OUT flight - both ways. It's Mardi Gras and "everybody" goes to Disney during MG, so there will be families abound on the flight.

Return trip, with out a doubt we will get EBCI since we will be at MK and don't want to bother with checking in.

It's the going from MSY - MCO that I am concerned about. It being sold out, and the number of families traveling, and that it's my girls first time on a plane and we absoutely must all sit together!!

:confused:

DH is an experienced traveler, but he travels alone. I haven't been on a plane in many, many years, so this is all kind of new to us...

I am on the fence if we need EBCI or not....

It will be our first plane trip with DD4 and DD6. It's my understanding that family boarding is betewen A/B, althought I have friends who have seen families go before A as recently as yesterday!

It is also a SOLD OUT flight - both ways. It's Mardi Gras and "everybody" goes to Disney during MG, so there will be families abound on the flight.

Return trip, with out a doubt we will get EBCI since we will be at MK and don't want to bother with checking in.

It's the going from MSY - MCO that I am concerned about. It being sold out, and the number of families traveling, and that it's my girls first time on a plane and we absoutely must all sit together!!

:confused:

DH is an experienced traveler, but he travels alone. I haven't been on a plane in many, many years, so this is all kind of new to us...

Just flew SW last week and have flown them many other times. Families with young kids get to board between A and B. The only people that go before "A" are those who get special boarding passes - not really sure what they are issued for, but assuming it's for special needs. It's definitely not all families. If you're the least bit concerned purchase the EB for peace of mind if nothing else.

Thanks for the information. The $ 10 is worth it and takes the pressure off when traveling with the family.

Thanks.

i usually wait until paying for EB until i'm sure i won't be jumping to a cheaper flight (the same day as the original) as I thought the $10 would then be forefit so I wait until a few weeks prior to departure to add it.

my friend recently back from WDW insists she changed hers & retained the EB from the earlier flight. She's not a frequent flyer type & might be mis-speaking, or is this true?:confused3

Last November i had to leave a day earlier and had to change my flight. I did it over the phone and the rep told me I would forfeit the EB.

i usually wait until paying for EB until i'm sure i won't be jumping to a cheaper flight (the same day as the original) as I thought the $10 would then be forefit so I wait until a few weeks prior to departure to add it.

my friend recently back from WDW insists she changed hers & retained the EB from the earlier flight. She's not a frequent flyer type & might be mis-speaking, or is this true?:confused3

I've heard as long as you have the same reservation #, you keep the EBCI.

I called Southwest and had to change a flight recently and retained the EB status. The SWA rep stated the policy was changed.

I have never lost my EBCI when rebooking to a different flight or the same flight at a lower price. IMHO if your going to but EBCI the earlier the better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter