Southwest deal-- buy 5,000 pts or more, get 50% bonus

hollypoast

Travel Planner Specializing in Disney
I recieved this offer via email this AM. Is this a good deal? Can I use a SW gift card to purchase points?

I like booking with pts in case I need to make changes or prices go down so I'm tempted.

No, it is not a good deal IMO. 10k pts (15k with bonus) will cost you $275. That is worth around $210 in travel.

I recieved this offer via email this AM. Is this a good deal? Can I use a SW gift card to purchase points?

I like booking with pts in case I need to make changes or prices go down so I'm tempted.

I'm debating this as well! I know you can't buy the points with a Gift Card if that helps! I've been trying to figure out the best way to buy our tickets for our December trip! Trying to guess what prices will be I'm thinking I'm going to need about 2000 more points to get us from Maine to Orlando. So I was looking at buying those points as it would be cheaper than buying a ticket at regular WGA price. Now with the 50% bonus sale it's got me looking at buying 5000 points. I've got a $200 Southwest gift card that I plan to use towards our return flights. I just wish I knew what the prices were already so I could have this figured out on what is going to be the cheapest way for me to get our flights!!!

tempting, and I like having points instead to use also for the obvious reasons.... I may buy some at this price since I'm running low..... I will even pay a little extra to have them on hand vs. straight up booking..... wish I could use a gc to pay for points!

tempting, and I like having points instead to use also for the obvious reasons.... I may buy some at this price since I'm running low..... I will even pay a little extra to have them on hand vs. straight up booking..... wish I could use a gc to pay for points!
I am new to thebrapid rewards points. How are these different than purchasing your tickets with cash?? We recently booked a flight with cash. Then the airfare dropped and I received a credit, but the credit has to be used by a certain date. If I had booked this flight with points, what would have been different?? Please give me the cheat sheet version of the benefits of these points over a straight cash purchase. Thanks

I am new to thebrapid rewards points. How are these different than purchasing your tickets with cash?? We recently booked a flight with cash. Then the airfare dropped and I received a credit, but the credit has to be used by a certain date. If I had booked this flight with points, what would have been different?? Please give me the cheat sheet version of the benefits of these points over a straight cash purchase. Thanks
you would get the points back just like you did with the credit. Only difference is that your points that you got back don't have to be used by a certain time.

and points can be used at any time,for anyone you choose, so when they go back in your account it's super easy to make travel adjustments...that's why I am willing to pay a bit more to have them rather than cash IMHO.

Another difference, if you miss your flight with a cash ticket and you didn't let Southwest know in advance then the ticket's value is lost. If it was a reward ticket then the points and security fee are automatically refunded.

Another difference, if you miss your flight with a cash ticket and you didn't let Southwest know in advance then the ticket's value is lost. If it was a reward ticket then the points and security fee are automatically refunded.

Not sure if thats completely true. A few years ago I missed my flight because of delays with car rental return and slow TSA line. SW just put me on the next flight.

Not sure if thats completely true. A few years ago I missed my flight because of delays with car rental return and slow TSA line. SW just put me on the next flight.
Sorry, I was unclear. By missed your flight I meant that you decided not to fly at all for some reason.

I think SWA rule when booked with points is to cancel within 10 minutes of flight,or lose points,(?) something like that? pretty lenient.... after years of points bookings,I am fully hooked on the ease of changing plans....

go to your account and check under buying points,I did and it showed up I never got an email

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter