Southwest boarding group B--how bad is that? Need quick reassurance pls!

I flew them last Saturday from MCO to BWI. They announced that family boarding was for 6 year old and under. We all purchased EarlyBirds so had A 25-30. I would never fly SW with the grandkids and not purchase EarlyBirds.

IME on Southwest, the back of the plane is wide open until all the way through the A group, and only starts to be found by humans in the B group. Just walk directly to the back of the plane when you board and you'll almost definitely find at least a few completely empty rows.

Just an FYI - the plane will fill up front aisle/window seats first, back aisle/window second, middle aisle/window seats third, then middle front, middle back, and the middle. If there are families or multiple people traveling together it still fills up front, back, and middle.

Not on Southwest, there are no assigned seats.

Not on Southwest, there are no assigned seats.

What I really liked was if the plane makes a stop, and you don't have to change planes (happened to me several times on my last trip) you can move to any seat you want during the stop over.. they don't de-plane you if you are not changing planes... at least you could 4.5 years ago.

(hey, they did say quickly in the title!)

I am talking about Southwest and their no assigned seating. This is the way the plane fills up when people are going onboard and choosing their seats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter