Southern California and Disneyland Adventure

Wow! We're booked already for September (will be our first ABD!) but could possibly change to the July or October bookings to join the Dis podcast group. But is there a difference in the itinerary or benefits? It's a little more expensive.
Yes, the DIS ones are customized by Kevin. He gets them to include some special touches and to leave out things that aren't so interesting.

Yes, the DIS ones are customized by Kevin. He gets them to include some special touches and to leave out things that aren't so interesting.
Hm. I wonder what I should do now. I haven't been to any so I'm not looking for something new in the itinerary. But it would be cool to get special touches that the regular tours don't get

I see kevin just posted on twitter there will be a 2023 backstage dis tour. thinking of going. july or oct options. never been on any dis abd or any abd at all. been to disneyland a few times.
I got back from the Hollywood/Disneyland trip on Saturday and haven't had time to write up a trip report yet. It was absolutely incredible. The posted itinerary doesn't do justice to how amazing it was. The guides and fellow adventurers made it such a memorable trip.

I see kevin just posted on twitter there will be a 2023 backstage dis tour. thinking of going. july or oct options. never been on any dis abd or any abd at all. been to disneyland a few times.
My first one is the July 2022 trip, and with everything I've heard it's a Disney fan's dream. Great if you're interested in backstage areas.

Wanted to ask what time does the adventure end on day 2… it says on your own for dinner and I had a dinner reservation in mind. I know tour times are not set and it might run late. Also aware there’s a surprise that afternoon. Just wanted an estimate what time it would be reasonable to make the reservation… 630? 7? We can always warn the guide we’ll leave by a certain time i think.

Wanted to ask what time does the adventure end on day 2… it says on your own for dinner and I had a dinner reservation in mind. I know tour times are not set and it might run late. Also aware there’s a surprise that afternoon. Just wanted an estimate what time it would be reasonable to make the reservation… 630? 7? We can always warn the guide we’ll leave by a certain time i think.
The actual listed activities for the day were done around 4:30 but the guides invited everyone for a special add-on outing that was about another hour. We had people in our group that had 6:30/7 PM reservations near the hotel and they were fine.

The actual listed activities for the day were done around 4:30 but the guides invited everyone for a special add-on outing that was about another hour. We had people in our group that had 6:30/7 PM reservations near the hotel and they were fine.
Thanks a lot! I’ll switch it to 7 to be safe.

our body clock will be hours ahead of this time it will be late eating on our bodies. Is there somewhere quick around the hotel or that doesn’t require reservations so we can see how we feel?

There are a ton of places to eat around the Loews. There is also a very walkable Target, so last night we did cheese, crackers, berries, and snacks between a dip in the pool and a movie. It was perfect! There are mini fridges in the room at the Loews and microwaves by the ice machines. We are a family with a couple food allergies, and were perfectly fine.

our body clock will be hours ahead of this time it will be late eating on our bodies. Is there somewhere quick around the hotel or that doesn’t require reservations so we can see how we feel?
Definitely. The hotel is part of the Ovation complex (https://www.ovationhollywood.com/) which is a big retail/dinning/entertainment thing. There's also a bunch of places close by (including an In-and-Out that our guides pointed out).

For anyone on the fence about this tour…it is magical. Today was our Studios and Imagineering day…this was the whole reason we booked this tour. In and of itself, had we just visited those places, it would have been magical, but we had a very special visitor at lunch today…and I have to say…a high level executive who dines at the commissary and chats with those around him with ease…that is the company that I feel Walt would have wanted.

For anyone on the fence about this tour…it is magical. Today was our Studios and Imagineering day
That really is a great day on this tour. Often referred to as the tentpole of the whole ABD.

For anyone on the fence about this tour…it is magical. Today was our Studios and Imagineering day…this was the whole reason we booked this tour. In and of itself, had we just visited those places, it would have been magical, but we had a very special visitor at lunch today…and I have to say…a high level executive who dines at the commissary and chats with those around him with ease…that is the company that I feel Walt would have wanted.
I've tried to explain to family and friends how amazing the trip was but I don't even have the words for it. It's not just the listed itinerary it's moments like this one that make it unforgettable.

Perfect, I can't wait for next month.

Oh wow, how nice!!! I wish you could say who it was but understand that it might set expectations for people reading the post.

I can't wait until our trip in Sep 2023!

For other users who went on this trip recently, how long after getting back did it take for you to get your 1st trip pin in the mail? Mine ended about two weeks ago and I still haven't received it.

For other users who went on this trip recently, how long after getting back did it take for you to get your 1st trip pin in the mail? Mine ended about two weeks ago and I still haven't received it.
Do you mean the trip daily pins or the pin saying you've taken 1 trip? To my knowledge there is no "1st trip pin". You start getting them with your second trip. I've taken 11 ABD's, and only got 2 - 11. The card they gave me to display them on only shows 2 - 15. If that's changed they really need to send everyone 1st trip pins!

If you mean the daily pins, they've started sending them before the trip, so if you didn't get those, you should call ABD.

20220609_112019_002.jpg

Sayhello

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter