Southern California and Disneyland Adventure

Jeff, I can totally imagine it would be a world of difference. I have never understood why they don't allow that.

Sayhello
I assumed it was coded as a special convention/tour ticket and they didn't want to argue with folks about the price of an added day being higher than a normal ticket, or wanting to add on more than one day even though longer tickets don't exist.

I assumed it was coded as a special convention/tour ticket and they didn't want to argue with folks about the price of an added day being higher than a normal ticket, or wanting to add on more than one day even though longer tickets don't exist.
I think this is the case. The way Disney works internally is that ABD has to buy large quantities of tickets from Disneyland for the specific dates of the adventure. ABD gets them at a discount over the public price, so they can't be altered or used on different days.

I think this is the case. The way Disney works internally is that ABD has to buy large quantities of tickets from Disneyland for the specific dates of the adventure. ABD gets them at a discount over the public price, so they can't be altered or used on different days.
Thanks for the insights, both of you. That makes sense.

Sayhello

Thanks for the insights, both of you. That makes sense.

Sayhello
Following up, for me to add an extra day of park hopping is currently over $200, so if anyone is able to get discounted tickets or finds a way to extend it please let me know.

But I guess if you extend the trip with ABD they would give you longer passes right?

But I guess if you extend the trip with ABD they would give you longer passes right?
Normally no, the ticket is only good for the last 4 days of the trip and they can't give you a longer one.

I believe the passes actually have an expiration date on them, not "4 days after first use".

Sayhello
Correct, but not immediate. That’s why I thought that if someone wants to add an extra day on the end that they could just not go in one tour day and then use it later. The bigger issue is if you wanted to fly out early.

Correct, but not immediate. That’s why I thought that if someone wants to add an extra day on the end that they could just not go in one tour day and then use it later. The bigger issue is if you wanted to fly out early.
I'm not sure what you're getting at... when we were on the tour in 2018 our tickets said they expired on the last day of our tour. I wouldn't be able to go in on June 2nd if my ticket expires on June 1st no matter how many days I actually used it. You also can't add on to the beginning as you do not get your tickets until the first day of the tour.

Edit: my tickets from the tour were exactly where I thought they were so I've added a pic showing you cannot alter them:
IMG_5738.jpg

Last edited:
I was on the short Escape 4/14-4/17 my ticket was only valid for those dates.
Printed on the tickets: Valid from 4/14/22-4/17/22, Not Refundable, Not Upgradeable

I was on the short Escape 4/14-4/17 my ticket was only valid for those dates.
Printed on the tickets: Valid from 4/14/22-4/17/22, Not Refundable, Not Upgradeable
Hi, how was your escape? i was on the one right before yours (4/10-4/13) and it was amazing. Just curious who was your Imagineer who toured you around Disneyland?

Hi, how was your escape? i was on the one right before yours (4/10-4/13) and it was amazing. Just curious who was your Imagineer who toured you around Disneyland?
Overall we had a really good time. The trip did get off to a bumpy start. There was a miscommunication where no one was waiting to pick us up at that airport. Then there was a problem with getting the tickets, no one got them until the afternoon on the first day. I didn't get mine until 2:30. Everyone had come in early or the night before to spend time in the parks so that was disappointing. I can't remember the name of the Imagineer, he was younger though. That was fun walking around Galaxy's Edge. Our guides Danny and Michael were amazing. This was my first Adventures by Disney trip and based on the service you get from the guides I would consider doing another one in the future.

I'm not sure what this means. The ticket has an *actual expiration date* on it. If the last date of your ABD is June 5, 2022, the pass will have an expiration date of June 5, 2022 stamped on it when you get it. Not something added on once you enter the park. If you skip June 2nd, your pass is still going to expire on the date stamped on it: June 5th.

Sayhello

I'm not sure what this means. The ticket has an *actual expiration date* on it. If the last date of your ABD is June 5, 2022, the pass will have an expiration date of June 5, 2022 stamped on it when you get it. Not something added on once you enter the park. If you skip June 2nd, your pass is still going to expire on the date stamped on it: June 5th.

Sayhello
Never mind then. I must have misremembered how the tickets looked. We had a few to juggle and some definitely had later expirations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter