Sorcerer pass wirh no blue card?

.... When it comes to dining/merchandise discounts, some CMs are just plan lazy and don't actually require the proof that they are supposed to look at before extending the discount.

In defense of the CMs...if you haven't worked in a customer service environment, you really don't know what it is like to deal with people daily. Some of the customers you'd least expect can turn into the colloquially stereotypical "Karens" at the drop of a hat. And who wants to deal with that. And you can't predict who will turn, or what tiny little thing will set them off. This may be the reason they have gone to the electronic discount authorizations, so CMs don't have to make the decision, if you should get a discount, and you are miscoded in the system, you'll need to deal with IT and/or DVC directly.

As a member of the People's Republic of White Card holders, is there a reference guide to consistently define "member" for the purpose of identifying exactly what I'm allowed to participate in?

I'm clear on APs, but not sure for lounges or other perks that may arise.
Any "perk" that isn't paid for with maintenance fees would be a blue card member

The only perks White Card holders are entitled to are:
Pool Hopping (if it ever returns)
TOTWL (if it ever reopens)
DVD Rentals (if still available)

Things like dining/merchandise discounts, Epcot member lounge, special member only events, etc. all require a blue card. When it comes to dining/merchandise discounts, some CMs are just plan lazy and don't actually require the proof that they are supposed to look at before extending the discount.

"Free parking" is also a white card perk.

"Free parking" is also a white card perk.

Free parking is not a perk at all. We don’t pay the overnight parking fee when staying there because it’s already covered in the dues.

Theme park parking is free because we are staying on property.

The only perks White Card holders are entitled to are:
Pool Hopping (if it ever returns)
TOTWL (if it ever reopens)
DVD Rentals (if still available)

Things like dining/merchandise discounts, Epcot member lounge, special member only events, etc. all require a blue card. When it comes to dining/merchandise discounts, some CMs are just plan lazy and don't actually require the proof that they are supposed to look at before extending the discount.
Do you remember the locations dates and times the cast members gave out discounts when they were not supposed to? Signed Chapek

Since they made the change, they have called the blue card an membership card. The white card has Always been membership identification.

So, they have distinguished the two on their end. I have both and my white one is not called a card, and was never issued as one.

We here call it that, but DVC never has.

Well, more important things are happening in the world, so for now I'll just leave this as : If a white card is "membership identification", isn't it IDENTIFYING me as a MEMBER? My membership is recognized by a white ID card !?!

Seems a really lazy way for DVD to handle this.

Not asking for an answer. There isn't one.

Resale only owner who was sold four DVC APs(prior to switch to Sorcerers Pass). As I stated earlier in this same, very long, thread we told multiple people both on the phone and in person that we were not eligible for a DVC AP discount and they wouldn't take no for an answer. As I also stated when iI went to renew this time(literally two weeks ago) I DID have to pay full non-DVC price.

My guess, due to a combination of reasons like the new AP options/Covid/staffing shortages/changes to physical cards, is they had a short window were they were letting everyone have the discount as it was easy for them during all the transitions. But that's since been closed.

There are multiple ways to prove you are DVC Direct outside of the wallet apps. If you digital card says ND, just work with a GS CM in person and they will sort it out.
So when you went to renew your sorcerer pass they made you renew to incredible-pass?

Exactly. I was able to choose any non-discounted AP I wanted. I did choose the incredi-pass with photo-pass option. And they applied the previously paid DVC AP Pass amount to it.
Ok gotcha! I was confused inthought you previously had a sorcerer pass that you were trying to renew already which confused me bc they didn’t star sales until 9/21

Ok gotcha! I was confused inthought you previously had a sorcerer pass that you were trying to renew already which confused me bc they didn’t star sales until 9/21

Its complicated and mixed up in all of their Covid policies. We are DVC resale with standard out of state platinum AP. We let them lapse during Covid and then renewed them when they had AP sales closed to anyone who didn't have one prior to COIVD(active). The AP reactivation team is the one who gave us the DVC discount. But THEN when we went to use them the first time the guest services CM backed up the reactivation team and granted us the discount when we were picking up the physical cards(June 2021), even though we said we were resale only multiple times. So we had a discounted DVC platinum(pre-sorcerers) in 2021. Jump to our 2022 renewal window(which is actually Feb.) and they have now switched to the digital cards, at which point they reverted us back to our proper out of state platinum(i.e. incredi-pass).

Purchase the Sourcers pass because I am a blue card holder (2010 resale). Got to the parks in early February during the digital card issue days, and they gave me a really hard time prior to giving me my hard card. The GS window CM made me feel like she was doing me some sort of favor lol.

Going down in a week to WDW, white card holder. Am I going to have an issue renewing the Sorcerer's Pass?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter