Sorcerer Heidi

@Tonyz I wanted to reach out and thank you for your wonderful post. I also wanted to apologize for being so late to say thank you. I took an unplugged and off the grid break with my family over this long weekend and purposely left my laptop behind. It was a much needed mental health break from everything including the horrific events breaking on the Boards. The only thing I'm sorry for is missing your post. Heidi mentioned to me some time ago she was preparing a submission for one of your books and she was so thrilled and proud to be included. I didn't know any of the details but knew she was over the moon about it. I hope you know that approaching her to participate meant the world to her. In retrospect, you gave her a real goal and tangible accomplishment in the last months of her life. As you know, she was in pain, having a lot of accessibility problems and her life was interrupted with many, many medical appointments. You really did a good thing and gave Heidi something good and concrete to work toward. Despite all the revelations and truly rotten acts we are now finding out about, your books, your work and Heidi's contribution do matter and will help so many others. There are good people here on the Boards and in our community. Actually, that's wrong. There are great people here and in our community. Thank you for letting Heidi make an even bigger contribution than she already had.

@Tonyz I wanted to reach out and thank you for your wonderful post. I also wanted to apologize for being so late to say thank you. I took an unplugged and off the grid break with my family over this long weekend and purposely left my laptop behind. It was a much needed mental health break from everything including the horrific events breaking on the Boards. The only thing I'm sorry for is missing your post. Heidi mentioned to me some time ago she was preparing a submission for one of your books and she was so thrilled and proud to be included. I didn't know any of the details but knew she was over the moon about it. I hope you know that approaching her to participate meant the world to her. In retrospect, you gave her a real goal and tangible accomplishment in the last months of her life. As you know, she was in pain, having a lot of accessibility problems and her life was interrupted with many, many medical appointments. You really did a good thing and gave Heidi something good and concrete to work toward. Despite all the revelations and truly rotten acts we are now finding out about, your books, your work and Heidi's contribution do matter and will help so many others. There are good people here on the Boards and in our community. Actually, that's wrong. There are great people here and in our community. Thank you for letting Heidi make an even bigger contribution than she already had.

Wow.

Thank you for that, Sam. That means so much. I actually got emotional reading that.

And it also settles it, Heidi will be in the book regardless of whether I namecheck this site.

I so wish she could have been around to see it in print. My publisher has pretty much collapsed but I am now in the process of publishing it myself!

But seriously, thanks again. Knowing how proud she was and how happy she was is such a gift.

While I sometimes play around in the dining forum and community board, I haven't posted much in the podcast forum (or been part of the chat) for quite some time. It wasn't until yesterday that I read about everything that's been going on. I found myself looking for posts from Heidi. She was always such a beacon of light. I don't know how I missed this post when I was browsing yesterday, but I am deeply saddened to hear of her passing. I don't know when I'll make it back to WDW, but when I do, I'll be sure to touch the glass slipper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter