Song you love to hate...

disneychrista

DIS Veteran
What songs do you love to hate...could be because of the artist, the genre, because it is just too "popular."

One of mine is Love Yourself - Justin Bieber. I had NO CLUE it was a Bieber song for the longest time, by the time I learned that it was too late already liked it.

I try not to hate a song cause everyone likes it so much it sint cool to like it anymore, But the truth is almost every song that I love that becomes real popular I secretly hate it after a while . Firs tone that comes to mind is Blurred Lines

That "lovely day" nonsense they play on the insurance commercial.

American Pie. 362 verses of pretentiousness. Spare me, please. I actually like other Don McLean songs, but that one wears me out.

A Horse With No Name. Walking on Sunshine. We Built This City. The Christmas Shoes.

Kind of a "deep pull" here but I HATE (but can't turn off) Thomas Dolby's 'Hyperactive'....that song and the video makes me wanna punch a ventriloquist dummy.

I hate the "Do you like pina coladas & getting caught in the rain?" song with the fiery passion of a thousand burning suns.

I mean, seriously?! You & your spouse both planned to cheat & then how cute - the joke's on you! You're actually cheating w/ each other, but it's perfectly okay because you found out you both like pina coladas! How sweet is that?! No big deal that y'all had planned to cheat! Just no.

And, as if there's not enough wrong w/ the song already, he refers to his wife as "my old lady" as well. Yuck.

I also can't stand "Christmas Shoes".

Last edited:
Black Velvet by Alannah Myles get muted by me every time I have the displeasure of hearing it.

Mandy by Barry Manilow.

She's such a DOORMAT! :laughing:

And, after he kicks her to the curb, he's suddenly all like, "Wait! I miss you!" And I'm thinking, for what?

I also get really grumpy about Careless Whisper by George Michael. So you cheated on your "best friend" and she dumped your sorry behind, and now you're whining that you'll never dance again? Look, you did what you did, so accept the consequences and quit carrying on like you're the victim here.

But they're both actually really catchy tunes, and half the time I find myself singing along, even though I hate them both.

I'm very conflicted. :cool1::crazy2:

"Blurred Lines" by Robin Thick
"The Christmas Shoes" by NewSong
"Same Auld' Lang Syne" by Dan Folgerberg
"Escape (The Pina Colada Song)" by Rupert Holmes
"The Shape of You" by Ed Sheeran

Just about every pop/R&B/hip hop/rap song since 1986, with maybe a dozen exceptions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter