Song from Maz Kanata's Castle in The Force Awakens (not a spoiler)

kbmartin

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone, I saw The Force Awakens the other day and really enjoyed the song playing in the background when the gang arrived at Maz Kanata's castle. It was essentially a new Cantina Band song. I thought for sure it would be on the official soundtrack, but it wasn't, and after digging around, I discovered that John Williams did not write it (it was actually a collaboration between JJ Abrams and someone involved in the Hamilton musical, which is really hot right now). I have tried searching for this song and find nothing. Does anyone know where I might find it to listen to or download? If anyone can help out, I would appreciate it! It's driving me nuts. Thanks!

By the way, does anyone think that the castle may be a dining location someday at Hollywood Studios? :thumbsup2

Yup it was co- written and performed by Lin Manuel Miranda! I am keeping an eye out for it- he and I are facebook friends and I follow him on various other social media. Hoping he will post a link.

I don't think anything in the movies is going to end up as a location in the parks. When the announcement came out at D23 they were very clear it was a distant plant on the outer rim that we have yet to experience.

I believe it's called Jabba Flow although unfortunately it's not on the movie soundtrack and nowhere else that I could find to purchase/download.

Hi everyone, I saw The Force Awakens the other day and really enjoyed the song playing in the background when the gang arrived at Maz Kanata's castle. It was essentially a new Cantina Band song. I thought for sure it would be on the official soundtrack, but it wasn't, and after digging around, I discovered that John Williams did not write it (it was actually a collaboration between JJ Abrams and someone involved in the Hamilton musical, which is really hot right now). I have tried searching for this song and find nothing. Does anyone know where I might find it to listen to or download? If anyone can help out, I would appreciate it! It's driving me nuts. Thanks!

By the way, does anyone think that the castle may be a dining location someday at Hollywood Studios? :thumbsup2

Have you found out the name to that song yet? I also am trying to find it because I loved it too!

Like someone posted above, it's "Jabba Flow." That's the main song. There's also another one right after it in Maz Kanata's castle that was also written by Lin Manuel-Miranda. Can't remember the name of that one.

Here it is, but it's merely poor audio pulled from the movie:

Hopefully that will tide you over till an official version is released!

I am sure there will be an "Extended" Soundtrack released with source music, unused cues, and additional background music.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter