Sometimes its so magical its spooky...

BoyLovesBuzz

DIS Veteran
During the final day of our wonderful May trip, we checked out of CSR and decided to hit MK for a couple of hours before hitting the road. DS 4 and DD2 were unbelievably sad to be leaving, as were Mom and Dad for that matter. We stuck around until about 2:30 and headed for the exit. As we were getting ready to leave, we decided to catch the parade one last time. Somehow we were able to get a spot right on the rope, just outside the firehouse. And to top it of, my DS got pulled in the parade during the little cheerleading bit. It made the departure much easier.

and then......

During our December trip, we did the same thing. We checked out of the Poly and spent the day at EPCOT ( basically because MK would be to sad, and Test Track replaced Buzz Lightyear on the DS hit parade). We spend the day, and leave around 6:00 pm to return to the Poly. Again the feelings of sadness overcome us all. As the monorail pulls up, a CM walks past about 20 people in front of us and taps my son on the shoulder, takes him by the hand and leads him to the front car. We never asked anyone, in fact I had forgotten they even did that. To top things off as soon as we rounded the bend towards TTC, with the castle in the distance, the fireworks started.

Unbelievable. Two trips, two parting moments with WDW, and two moments we well likely never forget.

kinda makes it easier to leave huh
well just a tad bit easier

luv2nascar - is it ever easy to leave? :(

BoyLuvsBuzz - those are some great memories you will have forever. Isn't WDW just the best. :p

This is exactly why i am so less than stoked about our next trip.

TO EXPLAIN:

DH want's to "experience some of the other things central florida has to offer" when we go in early March. SeaWorld, Univ Studios and IOA, Kenney Space Center.....all places i would like to check out, but i know i won't get the same feeling as i get at WDW. The same attention to detail, and the same CM's who give a crap. (yea, there are some CM's at WDW who are less than stellar or just functional, but there are a lot more CM's there that get into making your vacation a great time for you, than you will find at another park.)
We can't swing the cash for passes to the above things and WDW, so i may have to go without the magic this time around.:mad:

That's OK, i will suck it up and take one for the team. (But he better be prepaired to not leave WDW property once if we go next fall! I am going to sleep, eat and live that magic until i have to leave!)

- lori

loriandmatt, I know what you mean. DH and I took a weekend trip to USF (before IOA) and did not go to Disney. We had a good time but it sure was lacking. I guess I felt a little let down all day because it wasn't Disney. The park was very good but it just didn't feel right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter