something that tested you today?

On-going inter-personal strife amongst my staff. It's very uncharacteristic of this group and I honestly don't know what to do about it.

Coworkers.

I dug out my equipment yesterday. It's a machine we don't run all the time so production uses the space for product as we are packed full everywhere. That's perfectly fine but it needs to be clear when it needs to run. I was running it today and a lift was available yesterday which a free lift is extremely difficult to come by. So I pulled a ton of inventory and reorganized just to give me space to get by leaving them space for still a lot of their inventory. Let every one know it was running tomorrow (today). I get in there and it's going to be ready to go in an hour, has to heat up. Didn't get it fired up until lunchtime because they buried it again over night. No lift available today, one was in the shop so production had the only somewhat spare available. So I moved all of it with a handjack... again.

Not easy to pull 2000 lb. around by hand with little plastic pellets all over the floor under them because that's how they clean, blow it all under somewhere else rather than clean it up. I couldn't chew out the crew, it was the night shift and they were gone. I chewed out their supervisor because I let him and his crew know to leave it open and accessible. He smarted off to me and hung up on me the first time. Let him have it over that mostly. So his guy moving it with a forklift was out.

20,000 lb. drug out and dropped in the middle of the aisleway. Blocked their whole area. Dude had to move them now. I'm not dragging 20,000 lb of material across the plant to put it somewhere else by hand.

I am a contact rep for an agency, taking calls most all of the day. Been doing this seasonally for almost 8 years. I had one of the worst calls today. I'd definitely put it in the top 5. I mean I"ve had people, yelling, hollering, cursing, etc. but today just got to me. Actually had to disconnect, and I never do that. Maybe once/ year. hope this was the one time for 2023.

Sore legs. Suddenly I have old lady legs. Yes, I’m old, but didn’t know this would be part of it. We don’t get aging lessons.

My dog. Hubby decided he had to go to the bathroom at 4:30 and since he was up he went to the living room to try to go back to sleep on the couch. The dog figured since Daddy was up, it must be time to get up. She hates when we are in separate rooms and thinks that means it play time. So at 4:30 she was pawing at me telling me Daddy was up so I should be too. He went back to sleep so then she decided I should play with her. When I told her no, she got on the floor with a toy and commenced to squeaking it. Then at 5:30 the coffee pot came on (hubby sets it up the night before on a timer) so she decided she should wake him up. He told her to go away so she once again told me to get up. I told her no so again with the toy. By 6:30 I had to go to the bathroom and she had enough, she usually eats around 6 and no one had fed her and by george someone was getting up. That someone was both hubby and me.

Had surgery last month. Then saw an endocrinologist who said I also needed a hematologist. Yesterday it was the gastro who has to go up and down both ends and also referred me to a nephrologist.

Y'all, I feel so sorry for chronically ill and cancer patients. I don't know how they manage. I don't even freaking feel that bad!

#1 I had no where to go today so was bored. Binged on Traitors Australia. I could have done laundry, dishes but, it was a lazy day and quite boring.
#2 Daughter's home health care. They have decided that they are only going to order supplies once a week. Sounds okay but, someone (company, medicare?) will only allow 6 per order. There are 7 days in a week. Last Friday the wound care nurse ordered and I got a whooping 3 small bandages instead of 10, no medium bandages which I need 14 and only 3 of the silver bandages of which I need 7. When she came today, I asked her if this home health care has to cover the cost medicare doesn't cover, is it their workload, what? It's damaging my daughter's health (wounds need to be covered so urine doesn't get in). I also didn't get a few other necessary things like wound cleaner, bandages with a split for her tube coming out of her belly. (cannot get the bold off!!!frustrating and yes, I'm clicking off the bold but sometimes, this thing just sticks). I'm thinking, here are these nurses (the supervisor in particular) who think they know better than the doctor. She went to the wound care doctor on Tuesday. He put two medium bandages and one large one. None of these the wound care nurse at home ordered. I have none. The small ones go on a foot and then I only have 3 so 4 days without bandages. The Wednesday nurse who is an LVN and the one we really like, listed everything down, put the number we needed. When the wound care RN came and I complained, she said, oh yea we had a meeting and came up with this spreadsheet of what you need. LOL I didn't tell her I knew John had done that on Wednesday. I'm going to call on Monday to see what the issue is. If Medicare only allows a certain amount or if the supervising nurse that is never here thinks they are ordering too much. They have already gone to a new company with a cheaper contract and you can tell the difference in the supplies. Even the nurses are complaining. My daughter bought her own catheter bags off Amazon because this company's bags are so thin and cheap, the tape for wounds is awful, the cleaner bottles are 8 oz smaller. So that was my frustration today so I ordered pizza delivered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter