Something About Nothing #3..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I've made a total of 2 posts over on that side. No reply, no hi, no nothing. I think I'm being ignored cause I have a USO bunny and saying I'm going to USO in my siggy. Also, it was in the gay disney board.....and you know how us queens can get!! :scared:

I post occasionally over on the "other side" :scared1: and yeah they are less than friendly, especially if you disagree with their opinion of something. :sad2:

I posted on one thread where someone was asking if the parks offered preferred parking ... my response was "Universal offers preferred and valet parking" ... lets just say it didn't go over to well :rotfl:

Yea, I've made a total of 2 posts over on that side. No reply, no hi, no nothing. I think I'm being ignored cause I have a USO bunny and saying I'm going to USO in my siggy. Also, it was in the gay disney board.....and you know how us queens can get!! :scared:

When I mention June's trip will be our 1 and ONLY Disney cruise....heaven forbid...they actually argue with me :confused3 w/e :snooty:

I post occasionally over on the "other side" :scared1: and yeah they are less than friendly, especially if you disagree with their opinion of something. :sad2:

I posted on one thread where someone was asking if the parks offered preferred parking ... my response was "Universal offers preferred and valet parking" ... lets just say it didn't go over to well :rotfl:

I agree Bonny...... that is one thing we really don't get....they get REALLY defensive over there :confused3 and THAT is the difference HERE....we DO talk about Disney....we like Disney...it's just that we all happen to enjoy UO (and, some of us more than WDW)..and it's okay here.... :thumbsup2

Another pondering just happened. I was lurking around the disney side of the board a bit and was reminded of why i joined this board. I kept seeing those "affordable Walt Disney World" commercials and decided....hey, I'm 22, and I haven't been to WDW in years, let alone by myself....I'm gonna go!! So, I started the overplanning/OCD planning I always do. Being the type of person that doesn't like relying on outside transportation (bad experience with local bus and family members) I wanted a hotel that I didn't have to do the bus alot. So with Disney that left me with 3 optons: Grand Floridian, Poly and Contemporary cause they had monorails. For a week, at the contemporary, it was about $3000!!! :scared3 So, trying to find cheap ways to stay at a nice hotel at Disney, I stumbled upon this guide to staying at Disney cheap (forget where/what it exactly is). She mention the DIS and buying/trading DVC points. Hey, nice place to stay, and maybe not too expensive. Read a few. Posted what I'd like. Then reread some more. God, it was difficult trying to figure that whole thing out. So I stayed a way for a while. Figured, ok, do a value resort, stepmom says the bus aren't bad. and ROTM is prolly the best ride ever. Knew I wanted to go to Universal cause last time I hadn't gotten to ride MIB and ROTM wasn't even announced yet. It would've been an extra 200-ish just to get there (if I rented a car). Researched Universal some more. Realized....hey! Universal has better moderately priced hotels in walking distance to the park. And the ticket's cheaper. Score!! So I switched to Universal. Again, OCD set in and was researching every detail I could about Universal. Stumbled upon the DIS again, and thought.....well, they're in the same general area, wonder if they're are some posts about Universal on here. The rest you can say is history......and really I wouldn't want it any other way. I don't think the Disney peeps could ever be as cool as ya'll!! My original agenda was to do Universal this year and Disney next, not returning til 2010 for HP. Ha! Now I don't even know when I will plan a trip to either Disney park. Universal has become my pimp, and I'm gonna earn him some big bucks. And hopefully run into 1 or 2 of yall along the way (HHN '09 is my new goal for next yr). Ok, I'm done with my lil story that I epihanied (not a real word, i think) today, that does kinda fit in with the anniversary. This message will self-destruct in 30 seconds.

Actually now that we have APs for both US and WDW, we've stayed at POP Century twice (offsite in October). With the APs we can get POP for a steal compared to either offsite or the hotels at Universal (in January we paid $49/night), and that's the only way we can afford to go two or three times a year - especially with flights from Canada being a bit more expensive than you guys can get them in the US.

We are looking at staying at Universal for a few days in 2009 for our anniversary - but for the remaining days we'll most likely be at POP.

As for busses, we find POP busses are decent - they don't share their busses with any of the other value resorts - but then we always rent a car so we can go other places in Orlando, or off to the coast for a day trip, etc. - and only take the bus to DTD if we're having a few beverages in the evening.

in 02 i had my cousin who is a queen and his partner meet up with me at universal. (he lives about an hour away in florida.)

he took more time with his hair and guyliner than me.
i swear, it took them at least one hour to get ready. they kept changing clothes to find the right look.
then they called me so i would match with them.

we color coordinated every day and night.

i would tell them to be ready at 3 so i knew we could leave the hotel rooms by 4:30 to get into the park for the stay and scream area.

i have posted some on the other side.
have started some threads over there but that was back in 03.
i found it is hard to get into a thread in the CB when it is long standing.
it's not that they didn't like me just that they had bonded closely with each other and just didn't think about newbies posting there.

our thread is for everyone. no one is ever left out.

pfft........no!!! lol how could i not like u mac. oh, i told my mom how ya'll started calling me Andy, she laughed so much.

i bet your mom wished she thought of andy first............:laughing:

Actually now that we have APs for both US and WDW, we've stayed at POP Century twice (offsite in October). With the APs we can get POP for a steal compared to either offsite or the hotels at Universal (in January we paid $49/night), and that's the only way we can afford to go two or three times a year - especially with flights from Canada being a bit more expensive than you guys can get them in the US.

We are looking at staying at Universal for a few days in 2009 for our anniversary - but for the remaining days we'll most likely be at POP.

As for busses, we find POP busses are decent - they don't share their busses with any of the other value resorts - but then we always rent a car so we can go other places in Orlando, or off to the coast for a day trip, etc. - and only take the bus to DTD if we're having a few beverages in the evening.

Can't say I blame you Bonny....POP has their own bus, a plus. I hate spending money for onsite hotels at WDW cuz all we do is sleep & shower in them :sad2: So, we don't mind the values...... AND, if it enables you to go more than once or twice a year....go for it :thumbsup2 I would!

Now, OTOH, I don't mind shelling out the money for onsite UO hotels...the FOTL perk is worth every single cent! :goodvibes

I agree Bonny...... that is one thing we really don't get....they get REALLY defensive over there :confused3 and THAT is the difference HERE....we DO talk about Disney....we like Disney...it's just that we all happen to enjoy UO (and, some of us more than WDW)..and it's okay here.... :thumbsup2

Unfortunately they actually think that Disney is the only reason to go to Orlando. Heaven forbid you go "offsite" for any reason.

Here, we know there is more to Florida than Disney :)

Unfortunately they actually think that Disney is the only reason to go to Orlando. Heaven forbid you go "offsite" for any reason.

Oh yeah..... Definately MORE to Florida than WDW....and IF I see it one day...I'm sure I'll enjoy it! :laughing:

Actually, DH's family lives in FL....so, we get extended vacations for free :thumbsup2 An' you know the saying..."if it's free...it's for me".... But, honestly, we couldn't afford to stay down there as long as we do IF we didn't visit FIL for a week while we are there.....

When I mention June's trip will be our 1 and ONLY Disney cruise....heaven forbid...they actually argue with me :confused3 w/e :snooty:

they argued cause it would be you're only one. or that you're only taking one? either way I'd have to cut a ho, cause it's not their life/money

:thumbsup2 :worship:

pop century has its own buses? it doesn't share with any other resort? maybe i can do a WDW/UO trip in th future......if only for the mickey shaped waffles (again, it's the small things that mean to world to some people)

in 02 i had my cousin who is a queen and his partner meet up with me at universal. (he lives about an hour away in florida.)

i swear, it took them at least one hour to get ready. they kept changing clothes to find the right look.

i would tell them to be ready at 3 so i knew we could leave the hotel rooms by 4:30 to get into the park for the stay and scream area.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: i'm not a queen.......i'm a faerie (yes there is a difference)

i bet your mom wished she thought of andy first............:laughing:

no, Ian Michael......my dad made here change it to Robert

I equate it with the same type of people who think if it costs the most, it makes it the best. Like the whole PBH/RPR thing. I haven't even stayed there yet and I already think RPR is better, and not just cause of the price. True, I really wanted to stay at HRH, but partly to check out the underwater sound system in the pool. But, since you can pool hop staying onsite, I know can! Can you pool hop staying onsite w/Disney? Even f you can, it's not worth the trouble trying to get from resort to resort.

Lee and I are often color coordinated - and we don't even try to match ... I always laugh and say "we're dressing alike again" :rotfl:

pop century has its own buses? it doesn't share with any other resort? maybe i can do a WDW/UO trip in th future......if only for the mickey shaped waffles (again, it's the small things that mean to world to some people)
::yes::

Can you pool hop staying onsite w/Disney?
I dare you to ask that question on the "other side" :rotfl:

That's a hot topic, just like refillable mugs :scared1:

ME :teeth:

think about it.....WHY would i be 'knocking'?? :rolleyes1

i know your knock.
i was testing you

and i heard the knock at the new joint also.....

except the dog and Jodie's cat... :eek:

:lmao:

she has 2, which one is left out of the new place?

they argued cause it would be you're only one. or that you're only taking one? either way I'd have to cut a ho, cause it's not their life/money

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: i'm not a queen.......i'm a faerie (yes there is a difference)

no, Ian Michael......my dad made here change it to Robert

I equate it with the same type of people who think if it costs the most, it makes it the best. Like the whole PBH/RPR thing. I haven't even stayed there yet and I already think RPR is better, and not just cause of the price. True, I really wanted to stay at HRH, but partly to check out the underwater sound system in the pool. But, since you can pool hop staying onsite, I know can! Can you pool hop staying onsite w/Disney? Even f you can, it's not worth the trouble trying to get from resort to resort.

andy, when i am at disney, i stay at the value resorts, sports.

they have their own bus each day at 3 pm.
if they do not have a full load in the early morning, they do pick up at music and movies. kind of a hit or miss thing of sharing busses there.
usually the last few years, sports has its own bus when i have been there.

when i started staying at sports, i got the room for $49 and at hrh for $100

each year disney increase the price for values. they no longer let you book in one season and keep it at that price when you enter into the next season.
weekends are at a higher rate also at disney.

the time i go this year, sports is $110 plus tax per night. no increase on the weekends for my time period.

i use the AAA for the discount and will pay $95.xx per night.

for what i get there, it is not worth it at all.
i'm just there for a bed and a shower and a place to put my items.

when i move over to HRH, i relax......what ever i pay is not an issue.
the ap gives a great discount, the aaa also. when i can catch the supersaver rate, i grab it.
you get what you pay for at the loews hotels.
quality and respect.
that i have not received at sports.

i spend more time in the room and at the hotel when at universal.
it is more of a relaxing trip for me.

It's our only DISNEY cruise.... for a little LESS money, we could have gone longer and gotten a cabin with a verandah (instead of just a window).... Can't justify the price more than once :confused3

RAPstar said:

POP has their own buses...yep. Ya know, I'm not a waffle eater, but I'd like to take a bite outta one of those ears once! :laughing:

RAPstar said:
Can you pool hop staying onsite w/Disney? Even f you can, it's not worth the trouble trying to get from resort to resort.

I dare you to ask that question on the "other side" :rotfl:

That's a hot topic, just like refillable mugs :scared1:

I DOUBLE DOG DARE YA :rotfl2:

i feel more at home in the universal forums.

it is easier to have a difference of an opinion and not get blasted by another poster.

btw, the refillable cups at disney is a heated discussion always.
and pool hopping also.

they are discouraged there and the disney police people let you know it is against the rules.

at universal, it is encouraged for all to pool hop and check out the other hotels.

the only time you might have a problem with getting water taxis from the city walk area to the hotel is at midnight.

during hhn, they do enforce it.

at midnight they are to ask for your hotel key to prove you are staying on site. the only time i have ever seen that done is when it is about 1:30 in the morning and people are returning to their hotels from the hhn event.

boats only hold so many people and i don't think the bars at the hotels are open much later than that.

i have taken the bus and the water taxis to all the hotels on site.

the bus i did it for the kick of it.
i did a day and night trip on both taxis and bus.

everything is so beautiful when it is lit up at night.
you see the front of the hotels and it is breathtaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter