Something About Nothing............ #14

You all come to my house today as all the tacos are on me!
Will have taco party!
What, no nachos? Wanted to say I tried a taco kit the other day as lazy. Usually make my own meat/spices to control taste but, was running late.

It was more of a Gordita I’m told. A soft taco you put nacho cheese upon, then layered a Dorito hard taco filled with meat & toppings.

Let’s just say it’s going to cross my table, often. Mr won’t touch but DS gobbled them down. I even enjoyed it, points for holding the mess in when the hard shell cracked.

Happy camper, just got email our resale add on to BWV closed two weeks early. With the pricing of all the deluxe resorts at WDW & U, will be well used lol.

Supposed to finally see the Godzilla movie today if same DS clears his schedule later this afternoon. Is it wrong to say I’m looking forward to that :). Off to hit up Ross for hopeful treasures to stock my gift closet.

Good day all

Quick lunchtime post. Work has been busy this week.
Update on boss’ husband - he has an appointment this afternoon and I think they are going to discuss the pacemaker. Boss cancelled some appointments so she can go with him. She doesn’t trust him to give her all the information. Also, his driver’s license has been suspended. He is very angry about that, but I don’t think he should be driving if he is still feeling dizzy.

little one said sometimes her friends asked why her mom was blonde. Well, when you mix black and blonde, you get a chance of blonde to black hair kids. My parents, who were very dark brown hair and blonde hair, got two blonde, two very dark brown, and one light brown hair kid. Our kids are medium brown and light brown hair. And little one is lucky, her medium brown has lots of natural blonde highlights.
We call B our recessive gene child. Dh and I both have brown hair, brown eyes, and are right handed. B is blond, blue eyed, and a lefty. At one point we thought she was going to be tall too.

He is making a poor decision by not staying in the hospital and getting the needed care to perserve his heart function. Depending on the vessel that is clogged he could have another heart attack soon after this one. Strangely they do come in pairs if the initial one is not treated and the second one is usually fatal.
I agree. Hopefully they can talk some sense into him today. Did I mention that he is 80?

. I made some cranberry cookies when everyone came to visit in Florida and they all liked them.
Those sound good.

Meanwhile, they thot it was just indigestion & monitored him overnight, as he didn’t make a fuss in the ER when our family dr insisted he go. Looked perfectly fine.
Smart man. I am very thankful that dh was smart enough to go to urgent care when he was having chest pains. They immediately sent him to the ER.

My two older sons look nothing alike
I don’t look like my sister. She favors our dad, but my brother and I favor our mom. When my niece was born I swore my sister had been cloned. Even at 1 just 1 day old the child looked just like her mother.

You all come to my house today as all the tacos are on me!
Will have taco party!
Yay! Fiesta at Mac’s house tonight.

I have to go back to work now.

Quick mid-day stop in.

Quick day today in the unit. I've caught up on everything, so not much left to do. I haven't had much breathing time since hitting the desk just over a month ago. It is nice to have a little down time. I can do back to recheck some things, that I know that may need some attention. There are many new consults happening again - so the surge will start again. Hopefully there won't be many expedited & emergency needs - that push the routine patients back.

Cold and windy here again today. I was hoping to go for a walk right after work tonight as dh said he was going to wash vehicles tonight. Since both boys are out of town working tonight - it's just the two of us. Dinner will wait until we are both done our after work activities to have dinner. I see a version of fish tacos I want to try. I'm going to substitute to make it a little healthier - but I'm excited for it. I'll let you know if it was a winner ;)

Well...back to work :surfweb:

Hope your taco making yesterday went great, Pumpkin. Hope some sunshine returns to your area soon. It is May you know.

Ah and who do I see? Two reminders today:
IMG_3488.jpeg

Why hello camel, see that coming up trip reminder you are giving me. But yeah, to get to that day of leaving, have to get over this hump of day feeling day, and then Friday is that much closer.

So, what does minion reminder say?

IMG_3489.jpeg

Yep, it’s is that mid week day called Wednesday, and yes, all should be doing that Wednesday happy dance, given Friday is now 2 days away, and Mother’s Day weekend coming up the two days after that. Woo! Getting to mid May already.

So, was so muggy out there, though 64 was the temp. Going to feel like a Summer day, with almost as warm as FLA, and so much muggy, chance of a thunderstorm in the morning. Then, weather app says a sun filled afternoon to make that temp 88 degrees the high. Woot! Nice and warm for us, before a cold front comes, and hehe, will be where it’s hotter when that does dip the temp high to 58 on Friday.

Sigh, still cannot put those long pants away yet. Though when I travel, even when it’s warm both places, the airport and plane always feel a bit cool, and like to have pants on, even if I don’t wear a jacket. But when I arrive, almost every time, I change to shorts when I arrive. Last time, as we stepped out of the plane, a blast of muggy hot air was what we breathed first. I kinda expect that too, as we arrive this time.

Back to refill my tea cup, as always get hot enough water from that bottle tap. No need to drink that icky tasting city water.

Woot! Tomorrow is hair salon day. I’d say, cut hair, but probably not. Though maybe an inch as time of year like tying hair up. Asked little one to braid my hair while we are there. Makes so much cooler feeling head, though I always wear a hat. No need to sun burn scalp. We always bring suntan lotion with us. I know better than to get sunburn. Though if we are outside enough, I will come home lightly tanned, and little one will be much more tan than me. Sigh. Both my kids got their dad’s dark olive skin. Hehe, when we got back to Athens from 3 weeks in the islands, the hotel guy said DH was black and I was white. I think that time is the only time I have been so so tan.

Back to routine I go, laptop was cranky, and wanted my credentials twice. Whatever. At least it booted up and is connected right. Two meetings today, one in person, one virtual. Hoping at least one of those gets cancelled, but don’t care if they aren’t. Makes day go faster when you get busy like that.

Hope all have a Most Wonderful Wednesday, and doing that happy hump day dance as we are already at that mid week point. Woot!

I’m liking today’s camel. Giddy up!

Tornado warnings throughout the night on phone…ima zombie. Net to get it together & make an easy brunch, jr breezing by on way to work

Brunch probably the wrong word. My guys are easy…lots of meat & toast for all, eggs & some taters for sime and we call it yummy. When the gals in tow it’s sweets out the door & all the hoopla

Well, I got three lightning in area flashes in my phone this morning, with saying take cover. Whatever I’ve been inside for hours. Just saw a bit of rain, but it did not last long. Ack, to those overnight warnings, Keisha. Always nice to have a good food spread for our adult kids.

Almost that lunchtime walk time.

No rain for me, but ac still running.
It’s been all ceiling fans running and BR ACs here for better part of 2 months most days. Really humid here today from all the rain & in 80’s, cold front will drop us to mid to low 70’s in day lowest night 49. Starting to put the veggie plants in as getting a bit spindly. May have to cover with old sheets if dips more into 40’s.

Reminded me this afternoon the virtue of growing tomatoes after paying nearly a $1 for one Roma tomato. Large but, still, that’s highway robbery lol

A few miles from our hoa is a vegetable stand and many get fresh foods from there.

very cheap shopping.
One of the things nice about living in warm climate most of the year for you.

Other than lettuce, nothing is anywhere ready here, sadly. Will harvest some of ours soon. I do see flowers on my strawberry plants, maybe they will start producing earlier this year.

We don’t really see anything until late July re tomatoes, zuke, cuke, beans etc. if corn comes up, will be end of August. if this summer is warmer and dryer, thinking we just might see things ready early to mid July. :wizard:

A quick mid-day stop in. Iam glad it's hump day. I really didn't want to get up this morning. I was finally having a great sleep - after a few nights of sleepless nights.

Another quieter day. Getting a few things moved around and making the front my own space. Moving things where I think they need to be. I will need a few more things to organize the area...but all in all...most are just small changes. Tomorrow and Friday the casual will be coming in. It will be nice to have someone to work with. As much as I don't mind working alone - the past month, it has been only me at the desk.

The fish tacos last night were delicious. I made a creamy spicy roasted corn salsa for on top which was delicious. Tonight will be grilled chicken - unless the wind is howling again like last night. Then it will be chicken fajita bowls as youngest ds requested. He should be back home again tonight. He was only working out of town for one night.

I will be transplanting some of my plants tonight. Hopefully the wind stays away. Last night it was sooo chilly and windy - i didn't do much.

Well...off to check in the last pt of the day. Have a great day everyone!

Here in Jax we set the thermostat and forget it. You can have heat and ac in the same day from November to April. May to September count on ac as it's mid to hi 70s on cool nights and the daytime is mid to hi 80s minimum.

We have a lot of fresh fruit, nuts and veg grown in FL and GA because of the weather. I wonder why the stuff in theme parks gets dissed so much.
Same for seafood, no need for SE Asian import dreck.
Happiest of Cameldays to all.

Just a quick drive by before we lose our power.
If weather predictions stay on target, will be losing power in next half hour.

Just checking through the threads for now to stay current with all the homies here.

Nasty weather means no tv tonight possibly.

Time has gotten away from me again. Work was really weird today. We are missing a claims check from Tricare. I called them and was told the check had been deposited, but I could find no record of it in our weekly deposit, it wasn’t posted to the client’s account, and there was no remittance in our files. I asked for a copy of the cancelled check. It had indeed been stamped “for deposit only” but with the name of a different therapy office. I couldn’t find an office by the name that was stamped on the check, but there is an office with a similar name. I called Tricare and explained. They have forwarded it to their fraud department for investigation. My guess is that our check was accidentally sent in an envelope with someone else’s check. Why they didn’t notice that the check wasn’t for their office is beyond me. You would think that they should have some checks and balances in place to prevent something like this. If it went to the office I think it did, they are a large organization and I believe they outsource their billing. I’m surprised their bank accepted our check in their deposit.

No rain for us today. I think most of ours is coming tomorrow. I just hope it stays away Friday evening. Friday is the big commencement ceremony and it is held out on the football field.

I’m trying to finish up a section of a new cross stitch before I go to bed. This one is going to be my biggest challenge ever.

Last edited:
Woot! just got power back…..kind of….for right now.

Thought I would be happy but now It’s all thunder, boom booms and lightning but it’s better than sitting in the dark
for now.

Mr Mac took a sleeping pill and went to bed.
He conks out when he takes sleep meds and always goes to sleep quickly out with in ten minutes

No way will I go to bed until the storm leaves my area.
And cats are hiding somewhere in the house.

I never can get to sleep during a storm when my cats are hiding in the house.
Impossible for me to sleep when they freak out from the loud booms.

Will be a long night for me before I go to bed.

Still in the path of the storm but wi-fi came back on
No change as still have the rain around us

will get back to bed as it is now showing storm damage and it’s time for me to call it a day
an hour from now will have the issue should be moving out of my areas

will read more about the damages once I get up in the morning

Will wait and see what tomorrow brings

good night my dear homies

Ah Mac, I hope you stayed safe, and the storms are gone. Scary all that lightning to loose power. Glad it was not long after got power back.

Crazy that check can be cashed by some other business, Charade. Glad they are looking into it. Hopefully they send you another check soon.

And I’m with Keisha, we don’t get locally grown produce until mid July or later. Did see the corn fields are planted, and only a little growth seen the other day. But time of year, chance of below freezing goes away, though still can get closer to that freezing mark when cold front comes along soon. So many are starting their outdoor garden. I did plant bulbs the other day. I hope they come up next Spring.

Today, just as so muggy as yesterday. 63 and high only 10 degrees higher. Sigh. Rain chances again, though seem to be in the early evening. Fine with me, I should be home by then. I go right to the hair salon from work. The main road I cross to go home, I’ll turn, as no reason to pass home, as salon is closer to that main road rather than the main road next to our home. And while both can be used to go there, if I’m on the other side of the little town I go through to get to the city, easier to just go right to the salon. And I am so ready to be pampered.

And yay today, have to do wash when I get home and done packing. Last minute packed I am, so will finish tomorrow morning, as will get up early, with a mid morning leaving and lunchtime flight. Woot! Fun time will start as I turn off my laptop late this afternoon.

Lastly, being a Thursday, timely day reminder to drink and keep hydrated. Time of year many are warmer than cooler now. Please, no news of heat stroke this year, from everyone.

Time to go back to that week day routine, and may put on that sweater coat, already feels cool inside. That, and a tea cup refill.

A Most Terrific Thirsty Thursday to all.

Stay safe Mac, see more storms ur way. Not how one wants to have excitement

Think they will stay south of us tonight.

Reports of multiple roofs ripped off & some smaller out buildings flattened Tuesday night. Nobody hurt

Last night many trees down on roads. If they are small sort, in the outer burbs people just grab their chainsaws and have at it.

Can take rural or state road crews long time to handle. If power lines are down, everything comes to standstill until electric company cuts power at pole

Talk about a chainsaw brigade! Most here have at least one chainsaw, usually more, various sizes needed to fit the job/conditions.

Whats really funny here is insurance adjusters often offer homeowners funds to buy equipment & will reimburse individuals’ man hours to clear fallen trees themselves. Otherwise, when damage is widespread, u wait weeks until u can book a tree company

Woot! Fun time will start as I turn off my laptop late this afternoon.
Woohoo

Quick stop in.

Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday :woohoo:It's been a week, with some what I am going to call " learning moments "> This is a VERY new unit that has only been open not quite 18 months. It is a small unit, with limited staff, a new RO to Canada - along with differences between original staff and a newly hired manager - and with not everyone knowing all protocols. It's been a week!!!! And let me say -I know this is a HARD HARD HARD department to work in - but ugh...the emotional rollercoaster of this has kicked me in the gut.

We actually had beautiful warm day today. On the way to work, I could see the trees has a little green on them....on the way home - The leaves have finally burst out of their winter slumber. It makes my heart happy to see the green start to arrive. The forecast is warm for a couple more days - but hopefully it is right, and we get some rain next week.

I am not sure what is in the plans for the weekend, but I know that Sunday (if it rains) it will be a lazy day!!!! As long as I don't have to cook on Sunday - I'll be a happy momma.

I am watching The Bon Jovi Story on Disney+. Great series - so far. Loving the stories and how they are still around after 40 years - is AMAZING!!! One of my favorite hair bands to listen to. And I mean he is still an amazingly handsome man at 60 years old ::yes::

Well, it's almost time for bed. I hope everyone is safe tonight.

Sleep well everyone!!! I'll leave a light on for anyone with a sleepless night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter