Something About Nothing............ #14

Thanks for the birthday wish for Roger:) He is pampering me, however, because I'm still walking like a little old lady! He went grocery shopping today, did some laundry, and made the beds. Wow, I never knew he could do that, LOL.

We had family over yesterday all day to visit and have cake and ice cream. Lots of fun, but now back to "normal".

You`re welcome!!

Take it easy today too and get fully better before you get back to normal!! Men do just fine doing housework, might not be their first choice, but they can do it really well!!

Tom does a fine job with many chores not just the outside one`s I won`t do.....I won`t touch the trash for example, but he`s happy doing whatever needs to be doing, it`s nice to share jobs.

Any cake left from yesterday......🍰

Happy birthday to Roger. And hope Disney, you feel better.

Charade, we have done some of the tours at Disney over the years. Two of our favorite was the train tour and the elephant tour. Many times, we book a dinner, late in the afternoon. At lunchtime today, we scored an early dinner tonight, at the french restaurant, the one we had really wanted to try, but we had to cancel,as that was on the day we should have arrived in the late afternoon. So today,,I am so looking forward to it.

At both of the resorts, we eat in and off site. But mostly more off site at the Dark Side, more than when at the mouse.

Was never a fan of Rick Springfield’s music. But as will be there tonight, may listen for a bit. Monica is a fan, as she’s here, and doing that dine and watch. We are trying to meet up tonight.

Hehe, both of us took a two hour nap. Tomorrow we move over to the dark side. Though crowds are certainly here. On Facebook AP page, saw a dismay this late morning, that the security line at CityWalk was out into the garages. Yep, those school break and competition people are coming are making it almost like that winter holiday time crowds. But this trip was only because I wanted to go to that event. Wanted to make it a long weekend, but SW does not offer direct flights on most week day, days. So, decides to just make it a week, and Saturday to Saturday. I am hoping to see some during those week days, over the rest of the year. At least I have my weekend day flights already booked, as hotel, in September, where hoping much lower crowds in early 2 weeks of that month.

Lol love that name. U r brave. We eat offsite a lot when he & me. Family along = we do the bubble thing for large part at their request
Thanks. I think we will be okay with food. I used to be one of the people who would get up at 6am to make my ADRs as soon as I was able. Now that I have noticed lots of same day availability, I am not as concerned. We always stay in the bubble at Disney and even when we go to Universal.

He does seem like a cool guy in real life
I am really impressed that he has been married to the same woman for 40 years.

Though crowds are certainly here. On Facebook AP page, saw a dismay this late morning, that the security line at CityWalk was out into the garages. Yep, those school break and competition people are coming are making it almost like that winter holiday time crowds.
That’s the one thing I am dreading about going this time next year. Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be an off season anymore.

:wave2::beach: a perfect 30C temperature ansnlight breezeView attachment 841041

View attachment 841042
So far a perfect holiday - besides some sun burns. Heading to the Japanese restaurant tonight.

Hey!!! A visit from Pumpkin!!

Glad it`s been perfect for you so far, pool looks lovely.....enjoy your restaurant tonight and have a blast!!!

Thanks. I think we will be okay with food. I used to be one of the people who would get up at 6am to make my ADRs as soon as I was able. Now that I have noticed lots of same day availability, I am not as concerned. We always stay in the bubble at Disney and even when we go to Universal.

I am really impressed that he has been married to the same woman for 40 years.

That’s the one thing I am dreading about going this time next year. Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be an off season anymore.

Yes, he is a thoroughly all round decent guy according to my friend, she`s known them forever and from all I`ve read, she`s spot on.

Nop, I don`t believe there is an off season anymore, we are probably going last week in August and first two weeks in September this year, about as quiet as you can get really, but busier than it used to be.

You`ll be fine with food, we never make a reservation except when we used to go to The Palm, never struggled to eat where we wanted when we wanted.

Chicken and leek pie turned out beautiful, pastry worked nicely and it was a very appropriate dish for such a cold day.

Think tomorrow might be slightly better but not by much, might make a walk in the morning, but not sure, will see what it`s like when we get up.

Planning an early night tonight, nothing quite like it!!!

5.5 hours later, the seamstress is done. Lost count how many times I stuck my fingers.

Tomorrow up with the birds to track down my dermatologist in his new offices, 50 miles, opposite site of metro area. Ah well, a good one is worth their weight in gold.

I just checked availability for tonight. Lots of good options. Even some for Be Our Guest. That’s usually a difficult one to get.
Yes, I’ve noticed, especially for a 2 or 4 top, there’s plenty of tables if you are open to more than one specific place
He went grocery shopping today, did some laundry, and made the beds. Wow, I never knew he could do that, LOL.
Well, now that he tipped his hand lol. JK

I missed that you weren’t feeling well. Forget flowers, here’s a 🍕
Thank you, Keisha and Charade, for he birthday wishes for Roger! However, he's stuck helping me out til I get better.
I’m sure he’s loving pampering you, enjoy
So far a perfect holiday - besides some sun burns. Heading to the Japanese restaurant tonight.
Yea! Enjoy the fun in the sun
Now that I have noticed lots of same day availability, I am not as concerned. We always stay in the bubble at Disney and even when we go to Universal.
You will do fine, depending on which schools have spring break that week, might not be as crowded as you’d expect.

Dinner at french restaurant was delicious. We rolled out of there after a 3 course meal. Then decided to go to HS, as open the latest. Beautiful weather, even if a tad cool. Back at resort and enjoying quiet before we leave for the dark side tomorrow.

And hehe, 61 is not cold:
IMG_3220.jpeg

Well today it was cold for me at 67 this afternoon
prediction for rest of week to be mid 70’s tomorrow and then 79.

We had the heat on today but ac will be on in a blink of an eye this week

5.5 hours later, the seamstress is done. Lost count how many times I stuck my fingers.

Tomorrow up with the birds to track down my dermatologist in his new offices, 50 miles, opposite site of metro area. Ah well, a good one is worth their weight in gold.

Yes, I’ve noticed, especially for a 2 or 4 top, there’s plenty of tables if you are open to more than one specific place

Well, now that he tipped his hand lol. JK

I missed that you weren’t feeling well. Forget flowers, here’s a 🍕

I’m sure he’s loving pampering you, enjoy

Yea! Enjoy the fun in the sun

You will do fine, depending on which schools have spring break that week, might not be as crowded as you’d expect.

Ouch!!! That is a sore finger fest! I`ll bet the outfits are gorgeous though.

I have an up early twin today, albeit you`re a couple of hours behind me 😁 .....yes, we don`t mind travelling a distance to see the right person, hope the appointment is a good one.

Well today it was cold for me at 67 this afternoon
prediction for rest of week to be mid 70’s tomorrow and then 79.

We had the heat on today but ac will be on in a blink of an eye this week

Now, that is going to be nice!! We will get 42F today with a much cooler feel.....they`re promising us a heatwave in April. Will believe it when I see it! We have had heatwaves in April before, but they`re not common. We always hope though :)

Had an amazing sleep last night, did go to bed early and up with the larks this morning as the sun is shining so Tom nudged me and asked if we were walking, told him I`d poke my head out the door and see what it actually feels like as walking right beside the sea can be several degrees cooler, looks good right now.

Going to make French Toast for breakfast with some bacon, another hour and a half till we have breakfast, so tea will keep me going till then. Won`t drink too much since we`re walking, the bathrooms down there are all open now it`s March, they close them for the winter here, but prefer to avoid them if possible.

Pulled pork tonight for dinner, I made the BBQ sauce yesterday, nice and spicy, might do some wedges with it, salad and coleslaw. No idea what we`ll do for lunch, we`ll decide at lunch time.....that`s hopefully the biggest decision we have today!

Will be wrapping up warm going out though!

1710226528350.jpeg

cv92-S.jpg

cv95-S.jpg

😉

Have a lovely Tuesday!!​

Red oven pizza dinner. City walk looks like this from our seats:
IMG_3221.jpeg

Crowds, but got a good parking spot at city walk, and by the time we entered security, there were no lines. No lines to enter the studios either. Today is a chill day, and always get our start as galaxy defenders.

how many more days you and your daughter going to be in Orlando Lynne?

Which park had the heaviest crowds while you have bee’s down have been down there.
Disney or UO?

Not the worst day ahead for us, very breezy and not much sunshine but very mild which is nice in itself. Still haven`t managed to get the lawns mowed yet, our gardener says everything is still too soggy, so it`ll need to wait maybe till the end of the month, it still looks ok and the wonderful thing about living in the wet UK, our grass is always incredibly green.

Plants are growing early too as we have had some milder temps these early months, our pear trees are budding like wildfire and other plants I have no clue what they are, are flowering nicely.

Not sure if we need to pop out today or not, will decide when sleeping beauty gets up, I`ll tempt him up with a cup of tea......one of my friends husbands retired last January and she says they now start the day with a mug of tea in bed every morning, sounds nice actually. Maybe I should go back up with a cuppa every morning, especially in winter.

Not doing our Wednesday lunch out today, so dinner will be chicken thighs seasoned with a pineapple siracha tonight, brought it from America and it is surprisingly spicy, will definitely bring some more of those back next time. Will have it with some Lo Mein and stir fry veg. Lunch will be a grilled sandwich as we have some Brie, so might have bacon and cranberry on that too, a definite favourite.

Simple poached egg on toast this morning for breakfast and a pot of our favourite breakfast tea, then see what we need if anything today.

Middle of the week again......

i-BGMMMcm-S.jpg

cv72-S.jpg

cv69-S.jpg

Have a lovely Wednesday ☺️

Charade, for what it’s worth, a lady that was waiting behind me in the huge line to check into my hotel yesterday afternoon, said last week was very much lower crowds, compared to this week. This week, I saw most of the local schools south of here, all had break this week, and plus, we saw cheer kids in both parks. Overheard one parent say tournaments this coming weekend. Also, I guess college breaks this week too. I doubt I’ll go this week again, but will go earlier, as our last week of January into the first week of February visit last year, had much less crowds, particularly on week day mornings.

And I’m up early, and who do I see?

IMG_3222.jpeg

Hehe, camel is here on every Wednesday, to wish all, that get over this hump of a day feeling day, and then that Friday feeling happiness is only a day away. Woot!

61 out now, but will warm up quick, as a mostly sunny day, with 82 the high and low humidity. Most perfect weather.

Glad to see Pumpkin is enjoying that warm weather too. Looks like a fantastic trip for you so far. Relaxing one.

I think dark side parks today. I will let little one sleep. We did a Target run before checking in, so food to eat if I get hungry before she awakes. We have a lunchtime Mythos reservation, so I’ll wake her an hour or so before it. We thought tonight would be a good time to watch the parade. I kinda wanted to ride a float, but little one does not. So, only watching is what we will do. Probably going to stand in the AP area, as hoping not as thick of people there. Plus, that AP area, is right at the start of the parade, so if we want to bail after it passes, we can. If we feel like hanging around, we could see it come back to the starting area. Will see how we feel tonight.

It has been perfect weather. No rain, this whole week, with overnights mostly in the mid to low 60’s, and a couple of mid 70’s highs, but mostly in high 80’s all our week here. Only the one evening so far, we had to wear our lightweight sweatshirts. Otherwise, shorts and t shirts have been our dress all day and night. And to be even hotter, 85 tomorrow, and 87 the high Friday and Saturday. And only rain we see on forecast, is this coming Monday. And we will be having 51 the high, and no rain that day, as will be home very late Saturday night. Where we will be in pants, and jackets. Like the ones we wore down here.

Good morning, and hope all have a most Wonderful Wednesday today.

We were there this time 2 years ago. It was crowded but not unbearable. We managed it without using Genie + or LL. We are seriously considering doing the after dark event for one or two of the parks.

Red oven pizza dinner. City walk looks like this from our seats:
Wow, doesn’t look too bad.

Charade, for what it’s worth, a lady that was waiting behind me in the huge line to check into my hotel yesterday afternoon, said last week was very much lower crowds, compared to this week. This week, I saw most of the local schools south of here, all had break this week, and plus, we saw cheer kids in both parks. Overheard one parent say tournaments this coming weekend. Also, I guess college breaks this week too. I doubt I’ll go this week again, but will go earlier, as our last week of January into the first week of February visit last year, had much less crowds, particularly on week day mornings.
Next year we will be there from March 8-15. I would prefer to go in January or February, but we have to go when dh is off. We’ve been there for Christmas and New Year’s, so spring break shouldn’t be too bad. I’m starting to compile a list of Disney tips that hopefully will make the trip better.

Another super slow day at work. I might be taking a small part time job with another therapist. One of the therapists that I work for has a therapist friend who is behind on her billing and needs help catching up. I’m going to talk to her about it on Friday. It won’t be a lot of money, but what I make will be added to the travel fund.

Charade, not sure if better or not, as almost same dates as us this year, but Easter will be even earlier, on that Sunday April 6, 2026. I also planned some time at Universal, as while I have the top pass, little one has the lowest, and she’s blocked out starting this Sunday, as always blocked out the two weeks before Easter, and the week of Easter. Hence, we can both enjoy the parks this trip. Usually, we never travel busy times, where her pass is blocked.

Not the worst day ahead for us, very breezy and not much sunshine but very mild which is nice in itself. Still haven`t managed to get the lawns mowed yet, our gardener says everything is still too soggy, so it`ll need to wait maybe till the end of the month, it still looks ok and the wonderful thing about living in the wet UK, our grass is always incredibly green.

Plants are growing early too as we have had some milder temps these early months, our pear trees are budding like wildfire and other plants I have no clue what they are, are flowering nicely.

Not sure if we need to pop out today or not, will decide when sleeping beauty gets up, I`ll tempt him up with a cup of tea......one of my friends husbands retired last January and she says they now start the day with a mug of tea in bed every morning, sounds nice actually. Maybe I should go back up with a cuppa every morning, especially in winter.

Not doing our Wednesday lunch out today, so dinner will be chicken thighs seasoned with a pineapple siracha tonight, brought it from America and it is surprisingly spicy, will definitely bring some more of those back next time. Will have it with some Lo Mein and stir fry veg. Lunch will be a grilled sandwich as we have some Brie, so might have bacon and cranberry on that too, a definite favourite.

Simple poached egg on toast this morning for breakfast and a pot of our favourite breakfast tea, then see what we need if anything today.

Middle of the week again......

i-BGMMMcm-S.jpg

cv72-S.jpg

cv69-S.jpg

Have a lovely Wednesday ☺️
Hi Carole:

It sounds like your plants are starting to flower now and trees are budding. It's good to hear of these Spring signs! Our bushes are starting to bud, which is a bad thing because we have freezing weather coming this weekend:sad1:. I hope they make it through it. But Spring is around the corner and we can't wait! Our winters are soo loong here....

Your chicken dish sounds yummy. I am having our pork chop bake over rice. It is like a sweet and sour type of dish but with apple juice. We love it. I have started cooking again since my back is getting better. I had PandJ sandwiches 2 nights in a row, and Roger had left overs. So it's time to fix real meals again!

Love your memes, LOL.

ruth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter