Something About Nothing............ #14

Quickly Googling The Weeknd......

I have a little idea who he is now thanks to Raeven......but I`m confused as to how you make a house out of him???

The rest of the houses sound fab.....except the bug one.....I`ve been told I need to avoid that one!!

Coming inside now......getting a little cooler, so time to make tea and have some lemon tart...... ☺️

We did the Scare Actor Dining once.....never again!
same but, had a wonderful time. My expectations re the food were so low, it wasn’t hard to wow me lol

we got purge scareactors and a steam punk guy that really was working the crowd yet, smart enough to avoid those who he saw didn’t want to play.

from 2018, you can see the food in the first picture.81F7D802-8A45-4CB2-BDBF-D0FD12075A9D.jpeg69FE638E-90E9-4E04-9509-8D5EA835B9E2.jpeg

same but, had a wonderful time. My expectations re the food were so low, it wasn’t hard to wow me lol

we got purge scareactors and a steam punk guy that really was working the crowd yet, smart enough to avoid those who he saw didn’t want to play.

from 2018, you can see the food in the first picture.View attachment 688300View attachment 688301

Love Sam in the picture!!!! You are loving little Sam there!!! And your food looked better than ours.......our food was cold, unreplenished and extremely lacklustre....but agree, the food was secondary to hoping for a meet with Michael Myers! Seriously disappointed there......

We had a catalogue of thngs we weren`t happy about, including being told we could leave and houses would be open for us before we even sat down!!! SA who we had no clue who they were.....Statue of liberty???? yes, that guy was there and he was funny and a mad scientist too.

Table beside us were furious there were no Stranger Things SA either......

Then we left and got shouted at for being out too early and in the wrong place, despite being sent that way.......lol........

We had Sam too, I`m wondering now if it was the same year? I`d need to look back my TR`s.

Never thought I’d do that meal, as the only time I’ve eaten at HHN has been with the tour, and food there was just okay. But at least always found something editable. We had some fun interactions with characters last year.

Traffic was thick. For a Tuesday? Oh well. Little one kindly got me some iced coffee.

A what for dinner? Guess a poll may be in order. We may want to do our own nachos/tacos. That kinda day. LoL

A what for dinner? Guess a poll may be in order. We may want to do our own nachos/tacos. That kinda day. LoL
I had put dh and the boys in charge of supper and gave them a few idea with food that was in the house.

My appointment got cancelled until next Monday :sad: My gal is sick and not feeling great. So I guess it's better late than never. At the end of the day..it's just hair. I told her husband ( he called to change off her appointments) and not the end of the world that she can't do it today. I try to be as flexible as I can, as life happens, and it's not a do or die thing....it's hair!!!

So I guess I'm on the hook for supper now :sad1: Now, do I make what I told the boys to make for supper - which was butter chicken and coconut rice...or do I try to whip something else up? Sigh....I hate having to decide every meal every night some days!!!!

Quick hello. I should be working, but I took a nap instead.
I'm annoyed with American Airlines. The app says that something on my flight has changed and I should check back later to see what it is. I figure it is my outgoing flight since they have already refunded me for the seat upgrade I paid for.

Keisha - sorry to hear about the shingles. I keep thinking I should get the vaccine, but haven't done so yet.

We flew into LAX last time we went to CA, but want to try the smaller airports this time. I figure they can't be any worse than the tiny airport we have here.

We saw Danny Trejo in a restaurant when we were in LA 3 years ago. He was our only celebrity sighting.

My favorite ice cream shop is participating in taco Tuesday today.

13F0AD98-EE29-4021-AAD1-492F034EC164.jpeg

And speaking of tacos, we need to figure out what we are going to have for supper.

the only time I’ve eaten at HHN has been with the tour, and food there was just okay.
you give it a far more charitable nod than me. Just not my cuppa. the desserts were such an after thot last year, surprising really. Still, many do seem to enjoy the spread, always nice to have options and bottled water ;)

personally, I’d prefer a voucher for one of the food stands.
I try to be as flexible as I can, as life happens, and it's not a do or die thing....it's hair!!!
You are such a reasonable person, wish i was better at adulting. :tilt:
We saw Danny Trejo in a restaurant when we were in LA 3 years ago. He was our only celebrity sighting.
N
O

W
A
Y
:faint:

Only ’celeb’ i met was Charlie the paparazzi from TMZ at LAX. My DiL & GD were mortified I requested a selfie with him. think we was secretly please to be on the other side of the camera
56510989-FAE5-4484-AE9F-90C5F98475B4.jpeg

N
O

W
A
Y
:faint:

Only ’celeb’ i met was Charlie the paparazzi from TMZ at LAX. My DiL & GD were mortified I requested a selfie with him. think we was secretly please to be on the other side of the camera
We weren’t bold enough to talk to him. Dh spotted him while we were eating dinner. He wasn’t a dinner guest, but appeared to be just casually conversing with the employees at the host stand. Dh’s friend, who was having dinner with us, said that he owns a couple of restaurants in that area.

:flower1:
still here. Too far back to catch up now.
Hawaii was fabulous. Perfect trip. Can't wait to go back.
Had predator attack (coop door latch wasn't working properly). Lost my Bella-she of feathery cheeks and feet and the one who always always answered me when I talked. hard to come back to (happened night before we left HI), got a chunk out of Ellie-she looked like someone tried to pluck her, chew her up-thankfully just her back quarter panel (predator gets their head and its all over). She's my tough 8 year old, healed up and feathers starting to come back too. But I am done-can't stand losing my pets anymore-once these last 3 are gone I am done.

Travis got the 'rona a week after we got back-think he got it from a work trip. I tested negative for a week (and several days after he stopped testing positive) then bam-I got it too: 99% sure I got it at work too. one day of headache and feeling sick, then felt better every day since except the boredom! Obviously having to work from home too. At least I should have antibodies topped off for HHN this fall LOL! Matter of time...

Ready for fall and HHN-got my tickets, hotel, and plane ticket. Countdown ON!

Hope all are doing well and maybe see some of you in a couple months!

Yay, MonyK. So happy to read your trip was great. Yeah, this newest variant seems to have infected so many. Hope you’ve recovered. Very sad what happened to your chickens. Why my neighbor had a kinda Fort Knox for his. They are gone now, sole one left finally passed away. They were pets too. I’m not sure they are going to get any more either. Horrible to find what happened, though, with your feathered girls. Here, the biggest predators that were to our neighbor chickens was raccoons, and the local neighbor cats. Still hard to loose a pet. Hugs. Oh and I arrive in the early morning of the 18th. So maybe we can say hi. Will be at SF.

Oh no, Charade, hope no big change to any of your flights. I’m nervous, but my flights were changed last year. Many hours difference. Enough I was really thinking of changing my plans. But in the end, lost almost all of a park day I thought I was going to have, was not the end of the world. Naps are good. Hope you have a better night’s sleep tonight.

Dinner. We did make nachos and tacos. Chicken ones. Little one was not in mood for a taco, hence the nachos. All enjoyed. Easy enough dinner. And as a treat, picked up a side, a large side, of fried cactus, from that local nacho place, as favorite of older one. But we all do like it.

Pumpkin, oh no, but yeah, hair cut is not the most pressing. At least you can try to get a new appointment later.

Keisha, yeah, it’s no substitute for a light dinner, even. And agree last year was not their best. Agree too, would be nice to get a voucher, as picky little one had to be supplemented as we had to stop for a other food stop,, as most of what was there, was not stuff she would eat. I will say though, the characters were pretty good. Why we are going to eat a decent early dinner before getting to the park.

Ah, an everyone doing what they want njght, DH napping, I’m pretty sure, as he’s watching whatever odd movie that is loudly playing. Kids are playing with their online friends, and I am somewhat channel surfing. It’s 75 degrees out. Heard the AC go on a little while ago, but it’s been quiet lately. With sunset still late, still not dark out yet. But even with darkness, overcast enough but much njght sky to see. Hence, will be be in bed a little later, as week day bed time is my earliest.

Hope all have a great night, and yay, as if tomorrow, the week is half over, camel will certainly swing by, to show you what a hump of a day, Wednesdays are.

I had put dh and the boys in charge of supper and gave them a few idea with food that was in the house.

My appointment got cancelled until next Monday :sad: My gal is sick and not feeling great. So I guess it's better late than never. At the end of the day..it's just hair. I told her husband ( he called to change off her appointments) and not the end of the world that she can't do it today. I try to be as flexible as I can, as life happens, and it's not a do or die thing....it's hair!!!

So I guess I'm on the hook for supper now :sad1: Now, do I make what I told the boys to make for supper - which was butter chicken and coconut rice...or do I try to whip something else up? Sigh....I hate having to decide every meal every night some days!!!!

Yep, hair can wait, hope your gal is ok though and nothing serious.

Love coconut rice....haven`t made that for ages!!

Any random pics to share? :)

Same but, tend to leave room for pizza fries

I hear that often, food for the tours and so on isn`t the best. But some of the food trucks/HHN stalls have some nice stuff.

I look forward to purchasing some of the food options this year......will try the pizza fries again. But, I`m curious as to the offerings from Dining Experience at Louie`s as opposed to the Monster Cafe. Might be worth trying?? Especially if we find out MM will be guest starring!!!

:flower1:
still here. Too far back to catch up now.
Hawaii was fabulous. Perfect trip. Can't wait to go back.
Had predator attack (coop door latch wasn't working properly). Lost my Bella-she of feathery cheeks and feet and the one who always always answered me when I talked. hard to come back to (happened night before we left HI), got a chunk out of Ellie-she looked like someone tried to pluck her, chew her up-thankfully just her back quarter panel (predator gets their head and its all over). She's my tough 8 year old, healed up and feathers starting to come back too. But I am done-can't stand losing my pets anymore-once these last 3 are gone I am done.

Travis got the 'rona a week after we got back-think he got it from a work trip. I tested negative for a week (and several days after he stopped testing positive) then bam-I got it too: 99% sure I got it at work too. one day of headache and feeling sick, then felt better every day since except the boredom! Obviously having to work from home too. At least I should have antibodies topped off for HHN this fall LOL! Matter of time...

Ready for fall and HHN-got my tickets, hotel, and plane ticket. Countdown ON!

Hope all are doing well and maybe see some of you in a couple months!

Nice to see you Monyk.....hope the covid passes quickly for you and yes, some of us are so excited for HHN!!!

Mid week again.........

Nice enough day today......not too hot nor is it cool and no breeze which is ideal for walking in, so we`ll set off soon for that and get out before the crowds. We do get tourists here, well the town next to us does but the beaches get busier even on cooler days, so we like to get out as early as ever.

Pot of tea and something very light before we head out walking today, meeting friends for brunch at one of the hotels near the seafront, so won`t need dinner tonight, just some snack items later. Might make up some rice noodle rolls or lettuce wraps.

Will be baking for a church event tomorrow, will hand it in very early tomorrow morning as we won`t be going to it. Not our thing, but they still need donations.

i-R7hHVzs-S.gif

cv107-S.jpg

cv101-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Wednesday :flower1:

4A30858F-9D69-4C03-A58E-4C5E4CABDE40.jpeg

Why hello camel. Yep, a mostly cloudy day for us, more clouds than you, though. But yay for reminding us, it’s that most hump feeling of a day, that a Friday is now 2 days away. Woot!

And so, weather lady, on this early morning news, said a mostly cloudy day, all day, with some chances of a little rain. But those chances are all for our Southern areas. Thus, just clouds that will persist all day. But time of year, those clouds don’t decrease the temps that much. Still going to see 88 degrees the high this late afternoon, and still was in the 70’s in the overnight. But clear enough now, the sunrise is pretty this morning. Was not that long ago. Getting less and less more sunlight, as the sunrise time is getting later and later. Still feels odd though, with daylight saving time, as sunset is still late feeling, as is around 8:30 at night. I think I’d rather be on standard time, as having no dark after dinner Is like oh, it’s that late already?

But house feels that just perfect almost cool, so time for my um, third cup of tea. To be fair, I could have a much larger cup. But this one fits in my hand, and so, don’t mind having to refill it maybe a little more quickly.

Schumi, nice you donate baked goods to the church. I’m sure they appreciate all the tasty baked goods you give them. And hope your walk was good, and are enjoying that seaside hotel’s brunch,

Hope all have a most wonderful Wednesday. Hope MonyK and Mac are feeling better today. Sending mummy dust well wishes to you both.

And ooh, pizza fries. Yep, had very good ones last year, when eating with MonyK at Louie’s. Hope to find some good tasting ones this year too, Keisha.

Morning all. Just a few last minute additions to packing detail.
11F68FF8-C7CB-4486-B008-319AC9354F14.jpeg
I’m done even attempting to :teacher:to my DH why I require a minimum of 4 pairs and multiple day bags.

For once i was packed for trip days ahead of time. Nice to not be scrambling last minute.

Have an xfinity free promo for minions movie that expires the end of the month burning a hole in my pocket. haven’t really heard any buzz about the movie, going to try to hit a matinee Today.

will try the pizza fries again
Sadly, Last year was not a great outing for them. Tried at Louie’s & the place near woody woodpecker. Believe inexperienced staffing was the lynchpin there. Glutton (for punishment ;)) will give them another whirl this year.

Will say, the crepe stand was an even bigger disappointment for me :crazy2: more like an undercooked pancake yet, so many rave about it.
I`m curious as to the offerings from Dining Experience at Louie`s as opposed to the Monster Cafe. Might be worth trying?? Especially if we find out MM will be guest starring!!!
Lol i was surprised to see they amped up the number of characters there the last go-round (2019)

it’s close enough you’d think they’d have a menu in place they could publish, even if it was vague (carved meat, chicken of some sort, pasta, salads, etc.) :confused3
Why hello camel
Camel looks like he’s enjoying a tropical vacation!

Morning all. Just a few last minute additions to packing detail.
View attachment 688497
I’m done even attempting to :teacher:to my DH why I require a minimum of 4 pairs and multiple day bags.

For once i was packed for trip days ahead of time. Nice to not be scrambling last minute.

Have an xfinity free promo for minions movie that expires the end of the month burning a hole in my pocket. haven’t really heard any buzz about the movie, going to try to hit a matinee Today.

Sadly, Last year was not a great outing for them. Tried at Louie’s & the place near woody woodpecker. Believe inexperienced staffing was the lynchpin there. Glutton (for punishment ;)) will give them another whirl this year.

Will say, the crepe stand was an even bigger disappointment for me :crazy2: more like an undercooked pancake yet, so many rave about it.

Lol i was surprised to see they amped up the number of characters there the last go-round (2019)

it’s close enough you’d think they’d have a menu in place they could publish, even if it was vague (carved meat, chicken of some sort, pasta, salads, etc.) :confused3

Camel looks like he’s enjoying a tropical vacation!

Thank goodness someone eles saw how bad those crepes were......completely dreadful!! It was like eating a sponge........won`t be trying them again.

Yes, many folks said the same about the pizza fries last year from all the loacations, they were dreadful...........like you, I`ll give them a bash this year again!

Tom asked earlier if I fancied doing the Scareactor Dining again......hmmm. We`ll see....I`m going to see if I can find out which characters will be there first. Yes hope to see a menu of sorts soon!!

Nice job on the packing........won`t be long till you`re all enjoying that extra heat in the South!!

Lovely but tiring walk this morning, it was warmer than we realised and we were all too hot. Had a break after 5 miles....I sent mac a txt complaining it was hot......lol.....we managed 9 miles before giving up. Afterwards we changed shoes, brushed our hair and went for brunch. It is one of the fancier hotels, but their brunch is only on offer during the summer, so tourists are a lot of their business, therefore we didn`t mind not being as dressed as we`d usually be going there. I do prefer to be dressed up going anywhere though.

Brunch was good....endless mimosas on offer, which I asked for without the OJ.....then everyone else thought that was a good idea and copied me with the champagne.......getting used to that now I think :rotfl: The waitress was bemused by all of us I think. But, food was very good and plentiful. I think I ate my body weight in smoked salmon and any other seafood on offer. And bacon.

So no need for any food tonight, we are fit to bursting. Will have some tea and cake later.

Sitting out again this afternoon...hotter than they forecast for us.......it`s beautiful.

Pot of tea on the way out for us......

Keisha, guess I got lucky, mine was hot and good tasting. Yay, for being packed. Yes, us women need lots of bags. Though I stick with one. I’ve had to travel so much over the years, I can pack quiet a bit in the only carry on I pack all in, and now usually check in, but don’t have to. I have hauled it up standing in my seat. But once SW offered no additional fee for checking in, I tend to bring full size stuff, and just leave it in the bag, and check it in. I tend to use a backpack or tote to carry on the plane, under seat.

Ack only mid morning. But have lots of those listen on your phone and look at screen times today. That tends to make the day go fast. So much for those clouds so far. Gloriously sunny out.

Oh and whoever asked about minions movie, I think was you Keisha? We, little one and I, saw it the other day. We really liked it. Was better then I thought it would be. Little Gru. Origin story. And liked that it wasn’t a very long movie, like others being more than 2 hours long. Think the minion movie was about an hour and a half.

It's that hump day again...meaning the weekend is just around the corner.

Enjoyed the hot weather last night and read in the quiet of the backyard. No walk. It was just too hot yet after supper. So I soaked up the vitamin D and warmth.

Today is gearing up to be even hotter! I'm soaking up all the warmth. It was a little warm in the house for sleeping last night and probably will be for the next few days, but I'll take it!

The paper piles are a little bigger today, as we are near the end of the month. Hopefully most of the papers are today and tomorrow, so that I can sneak out early Friday for another long holiday weekend.

Have a great day everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter