• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Good morning :surfweb: was up early! So checked into flight tomorrow at 6am. Eek that’s an early flight. Will have to leave home at 3:00am yuck. Hope I can catch a few Zzzzzs tonight.

Lynne looks like a nice spot to take a break and people watch.

Paris enjoy your golfing with your dad today. Husbands game is a rain out. We’ve had so much the grounds are soaked.

3DDEB565-1EF1-4C06-84F4-0A0824567CE5.jpeg

Just could not resist. Camel says, relax it’s a Wednesday. So nice weather here. 90 the high, with puffy clouds now in the sky, after a gorgeous sunny morning. No rain, so yay yay! Rode Hagrid’s with about a 30 minute time as was walking out, and delay for five minutes in the drop down part. Thankfully, did start up after those 5 or so minutes. Thinking what for lunch? May go back to the Studios, as more there I like, and can chill in the AP lounge and charge my phone.

Doing the 6 house tour and have a lunch break
Yes only 10.30 but have a 45 minute break

I lost most of my emails while in the park today, so if I had plans with you, contact me

Will be done with present tour at 4 today but will stay in the park for hhn once it closes at 5:00

don’t want to miss any meet ups due to my phone screwing up

text or email me
Will check my phone through out the day

Sue, safe travels and hope you have a lovely trip......

mac......lost emails are a nightmare! Hope you can sort your meets that are planned!

Charade, oh bless you....and just before your trip, you want life to be calm before you set off.......hope the day improves!

Busy and surprising day yesterday.

Friends had given us an overnight stay with dinner as a joint birthday/anniversary gift for a country house hotel we love about 2 hours away from us. But, trying to get it booked was difficult as they are more or less full from now till Christmas. But, they called us yesterday to let us know they had a last minute cancellation......could we make it there......5 minutes later I had our overnight bag packed and practically sitting in the car waiting to leave.

Had a lovely stay and we thought we might get the dodgy last room, but it was beautiful and we had a lovely view of the grounds. Dinner was excellent and they gave us a bottle of wine complementary due to our last minute call....no need, but a lovely gesture.

So a very unexpected but nice getaway.

Right now, lovely evening with last of the early evening sunshine clinging on, but it`ll be dark before too long. Some rain forecast next few days and it has turned a lot cooler today. I think summer may be over now.

Heading to make a pot of tea now and some little goodies from the hotel lunch patisserie ::yes::

Finally getting to do a mid-day stop in :wave2:

All caught up at work since having yesterday off. Went for a walk last night. I noticed that the street lights are starting to come on when I was about half way done my walk. It was a nice crisp cool walk last night.

Sorry to hear that your numbers are surging. It's very frustrating and depressing. I am pretty used to it by now being in Texas. Luckily, my city usually fairs better than the rest of the state since we are a bunch a liberals (said in a Texas twang):rotfl2:
The province we are in ( Alberta ) is considered the Texas of Canada :rotfl2: Sometimes it's an embaressment to live here. Locally we were doing really well with our positive cases, but now with the variant hitting young unvaccinated people ( we have lots of both of those here - we are a very young aged province - very blue collar ) and it isn't a great mix. They are expecting about 3-4 more weeks of high numbers...then it should start to trend down again. Crossing my fingers it does.
I lost most of my emails while in the park today, so if I had plans with you, contact me
I hope you are able to recover them when you get home. Enjoy your time there!!!!!!
Friends had given us an overnight stay with dinner as a joint birthday/anniversary gift for a country house hotel we love about 2 hours away from us. But, trying to get it booked was difficult as they are more or less full from now till Christmas. But, they called us yesterday to let us know they had a last minute cancellation......could we make it there......5 minutes later I had our overnight bag packed and practically sitting in the car waiting to leave.
Those bonus trips are often the best!!! It's great you had a great time!!!!!

Well, I should shuffle more papers around again to look like I'm working.

Have a great day everyone...stay safe!!!!!

So I spent almost the entire day working on the one insurance problem. It still is not resolved. I tried 4 or 5 different things hoping one of them will work. I remember a former manager once told me "If you throw enough mud against the wall eventually something will stick."

I did start some vacation prep today. I put some clothes in the suitcase, bought a couple of last minute items, and filled up the car with gas. Tomorrow I need to get some cash.

o checked into flight tomorrow at 6am. Eek that’s an early flight.
I will be leaving my house at 6:00 on Friday to make a 9:00 flight. Still too early for me.

Camel says, relax it’s a Wednesday.
Even the camel is on vacation.

Oh No! I will text you when I get there.

Awesome that you were able to go on such short notice.

I do have some good news. The countertop people called this morning. We will have our new countertops installed next Thursday.

Charade use my way of thinking and you will be fine

if you forget to pack something you really needed for that trip, it can be bought in Orlando
If you booked Tony, he allows one free stop of your choice

Story of my life I always forget to put a needed item on my list and end of shopping for it before I go to the hotel with car service

looking forward to seeing you!
And all the other homies !

Spent some fun time with Mac this evening.
90DE7B64-63A7-4D56-9F2D-A66C3587EDF2.jpeg

Sone great costumes on the walkers. Was way too crowded for a Wednesday, and with all the walking, soaking my feet. On way back from boat, met 2 TMs. Kinda made sense, as they said tonight was the only night TMs were allowed to go.

Good morning :surfweb: was up early! So checked into flight tomorrow at 6am. Eek that’s an early flight. Will have to leave home at 3:00am yuck. Hope I can catch a few Zzzzzs tonight.

I leave at 6am next Thursday. Luckily, we are not too far from the airport. I have TSA precheck, which is fast at security. I may still have Clear too. Hubby will drop me off.

Doing the 6 house tour and have a lunch break
Yes only 10.30 but have a 45 minute break

Will be done with present tour at 4 today but will stay in the park for hhn once it closes at 5:00

don’t want to miss any meet ups due to my phone screwing up

text or email me
Will check my phone through out the day

Oh no! Phone problems :( I don't even like to update the OS on my phone too close to vacation, just in case.

The province we are in ( Alberta ) is considered the Texas of Canada :rotfl2: Sometimes it's an embaressment to live here. Locally we were doing really well with our positive cases, but now with the variant hitting young unvaccinated people ( we have lots of both of those here - we are a very young aged province - very blue collar ) and it isn't a great mix. They are expecting about 3-4 more weeks of high numbers...then it should start to trend down again. Crossing my fingers it does.

:rotfl2:My step-dad is originally from Calgary, but he moved to the US when he was 6. I always wondered why they moved to Oklahoma. I guess it felt more like Alberta:rotfl:I am originally from Oklahoma, so it's OK for me to make fun of it. I hope they drop soon. It just gets so frustrating at times.

Had a nice kayak this morning on the river. For some reason, they call it a lake here; I guess because it's damned on both ends:confused3 Had to get out of the house while the cleaners were here. It was really nice. Cloudy and not hot. There were very few people out. I guess they thought it would rain. I actually love kayaking in intermittent rain. The big music festival, Austin City Limits, starts here Friday and runs the following weekend too. It's across the river from my son's high school. Luckily, he will be getting out early both days to avoid the traffic. We have gone in past years, but with DH being gone this weekend and all of us gone next, it just didn't work out. Good thing actually, because they have instituted some annoying bag and water rules and none of the bands looked good. Getting a lot done lately around the house too. Got my hair cut yesterday, and I get it bleached tomorrow. I dye it blue myself, so I will do that tomorrow night. All in time for vacation in a week. Added people to my RIP tour and requested Seth. I hope I get him again.

@soniam I have a Nexus card that gives me TSA pre check and special line going through customs. I don’t expect any waits at my airport, it was empty last trip. But will be handy for MCO

Im not updating to IOS 15 till after my trip! Last thing I need is apps not working when I need them out of country.
Sounds like you had a nice paddle!

Safe travels today, Sue. Yeah, my little one said while she got through security fast, she said there was also a line for pre-check. I don’t expect too much of a line on Saturday night, but always nice to have chances for lower lines at pre-check. When I left, I had no line at all, oddly.

Will be our nice sunny morning and more cloudy rest of the day, but still 90 the high, and no rain. Yay!

Thirsty Thursday it is, and with more hot feeling day, good to keep hydrated and stay in the AC and shade when you can. Pool time too. Not much on my agenda. Will be making some tea though. Start that drinking early, lol.

And yay, Son doing some kayaking.

Terrific Thursday homies.

Good morning everyone! I need to get through one more workday and then I am ready to go. This time tomorrow I should be almost ready to board a plane.
I started packing yesterday and have most of my stuff in the suitcase now. A few things will have to wait until tomorrow morning.

Looks like the weather is going to be good.

Lynne looks like a nice spot to take a break and people watch.

Paris enjoy your golfing with your dad today. Husbands game is a rain out. We’ve had so much the grounds are soaked.
You are possibly in the air right now Sue!! Have a super trip!!

View attachment 608483

Just could not resist. Camel says, relax it’s a Wednesday. So nice weather here. 90 the high, with puffy clouds now in the sky, after a gorgeous sunny morning. No rain, so yay yay! Rode Hagrid’s with about a 30 minute time as was walking out, and delay for five minutes in the drop down part. Thankfully, did start up after those 5 or so minutes. Thinking what for lunch? May go back to the Studios, as more there I like, and can chill in the AP lounge and charge my phone.
Nice chill camel!!

This is me today. Stupid insurance issues.

View attachment 608514
Some days do feel that way....hope yours improves!

Sue, safe travels and hope you have a lovely trip......

mac......lost emails are a nightmare! Hope you can sort your meets that are planned!

Charade, oh bless you....and just before your trip, you want life to be calm before you set off.......hope the day improves!

Busy and surprising day yesterday.

Had a lovely stay and we thought we might get the dodgy last room, but it was beautiful and we had a lovely view of the grounds. Dinner was excellent and they gave us a bottle of wine complementary due to our last minute call....no need, but a lovely gesture.

So a very unexpected but nice getaway.

Right now, lovely evening with last of the early evening sunshine clinging on, but it`ll be dark before too long. Some rain forecast next few days and it has turned a lot cooler today. I think summer may be over now.

Heading to make a pot of tea now and some little goodies from the hotel lunch patisserie ::yes::
Wow Carole! That sounds so fantastic!! I'd love a surprise like that!!

Finally getting to do a mid-day stop in :wave2:

All caught up at work since having yesterday off. Went for a walk last night. I noticed that the street lights are starting to come on when I was about half way done my walk. It was a nice crisp cool walk last night.

I hope you are able to recover them when you get home. Enjoy your time there!!!!!!

Those bonus trips are often the best!!! It's great you had a great time!!!!!

Well, I should shuffle more papers around again to look like I'm working.

Have a great day everyone...stay safe!!!!!
Hi Pumpkin!

So I spent almost the entire day working on the one insurance problem. It still is not resolved. I tried 4 or 5 different things hoping one of them will work. I remember a former manager once told me "If you throw enough mud against the wall eventually something will stick."

I did start some vacation prep today. I put some clothes in the suitcase, bought a couple of last minute items, and filled up the car with gas. Tomorrow I need to get some cash.

I will be leaving my house at 6:00 on Friday to make a 9:00 flight. Still too early for me.

Even the camel is on vacation.

Oh No! I will text you when I get there.

Awesome that you were able to go on such short notice.

I do have some good news. The countertop people called this morning. We will have our new countertops installed next Thursday.
The home renovations seem to be moving along!!

Spent some fun time with Mac this evening.
View attachment 608668

Sone great costumes on the walkers. Was way too crowded for a Wednesday, and with all the walking, soaking my feet. On way back from boat, met 2 TMs. Kinda made sense, as they said tonight was the only night TMs were allowed to go.
Hope you ladies had a great time!!!

I leave at 6am next Thursday. Luckily, we are not too far from the airport. I have TSA precheck, which is fast at security. I may still have Clear too. Hubby will drop me off.

Oh no! Phone problems :( I don't even like to update the OS on my phone too close to vacation, just in case.

:rotfl2:My step-dad is originally from Calgary, but he moved to the US when he was 6. I always wondered why they moved to Oklahoma. I guess it felt more like Alberta:rotfl:I am originally from Oklahoma, so it's OK for me to make fun of it. I hope they drop soon. It just gets so frustrating at times.

Had a nice kayak this morning on the river. For some reason, they call it a lake here; I guess because it's damned on both ends:confused3 Had to get out of the house while the cleaners were here. It was really nice. Cloudy and not hot. There were very few people out. I guess they thought it would rain. I actually love kayaking in intermittent rain. The big music festival, Austin City Limits, starts here Friday and runs the following weekend too. It's across the river from my son's high school. Luckily, he will be getting out early both days to avoid the traffic. We have gone in past years, but with DH being gone this weekend and all of us gone next, it just didn't work out. Good thing actually, because they have instituted some annoying bag and water rules and none of the bands looked good. Getting a lot done lately around the house too. Got my hair cut yesterday, and I get it bleached tomorrow. I dye it blue myself, so I will do that tomorrow night. All in time for vacation in a week. Added people to my RIP tour and requested Seth. I hope I get him again.
Never been to Austin, maybe someday. The music festival is quite a big deal for the city!
We have been to Dallas/Fort Worth and San Antonio. Enjoyed them both!!

Safe travels today, Sue. Yeah, my little one said while she got through security fast, she said there was also a line for pre-check. I don’t expect too much of a line on Saturday night, but always nice to have chances for lower lines at pre-check. When I left, I had no line at all, oddly.

Will be our nice sunny morning and more cloudy rest of the day, but still 90 the high, and no rain. Yay!

Thirsty Thursday it is, and with more hot feeling day, good to keep hydrated and stay in the AC and shade when you can. Pool time too. Not much on my agenda. Will be making some tea though. Start that drinking early, lol.

And yay, Son doing some kayaking.

Terrific Thursday homies.
Pool time sounds heavenly!

Good morning everyone! I need to get through one more workday and then I am ready to go. This time tomorrow I should be almost ready to board a plane.
I started packing yesterday and have most of my stuff in the suitcase now. A few things will have to wait until tomorrow morning.

Looks like the weather is going to be good.

View attachment 608737
YAY!!! So excited for you Charade!

Bunch of errands to run today, nothing too exciting....Costco, Target, mail a package, make a couple returns.
Gonna grill some chicken this afternoon for topping salads tonight. DH wants to eat healthier, so I'm starting with the most basic. I'm on board for eating better "in theory". LOL!! I just have the hardest time sticking to it!

Thought for today, hee hee!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter