Something About Nothing............ #14

A pleasure, Janet!
And yes, it's a great story for sure!

I'm making two Tiramisu desserts, since my recipe is for an 8x8 pan. DH says that's never enough, lol
Swing on up to Milwaukee and I'll share!

If you did the planning, your family will have a super trip! You and Tom are practically locals and could navigate Universal and Orlando with eyes closed. They will be so appreciative of your expertise!!

Had a Wine Tuesday with the neighbor last night....it was totally worth it, lol!

Happy Hump Day, Lynne!
Enjoy that tea! On my first cup of coffee, and will surely have a second....maybe iced for cup #2.

Today DD will be going to get measured and fitted for scrubs for dental school. She invited me to tag along, and I'm thrilled! She's obviously capable of going on her own, but I love the fact that she will still include me.
This is most likely her last summer living at home, since dental school is year round. And after dental school, she'll be out on her own. I'm trying to soak up every minute I get with her. ....Cue the sappy music....

Ended up with a bright pink and silver for the nails. The silver shimmers rainbow colors in the sunlight!
View attachment 582485

Will walk the dogs this afternoon, since we are supposed to be sunny and 75. That's just about perfect in my book! And supper will be leftover elk chili. I made a large pot, and it was yummy!

Hahahahahahaha!!!!
View attachment 582486View attachment 582487

Now that is some fancy nails Lori.......very cute.

yes, it`s always lovely our young adults want to still include us and spend time with us.....never gets old. Sounds like a fun time to get her sorted out. Oh I hear the sappy music lol......

Weather sounds good, and perfect for walking the dogs......

Yes, I hope they`re happy with what we`ve chosen for them. I`ve helped many before with trips, but I want it to be very special for them and I`ve got some offsite places too that aren`t in NY....I`ll be so worried till I hear they`ve enjoyed everything!! That`s why they asked us as they said they don`t know anything around Orlando, and she said she feels we know Orlando so well.....no pressure lol....

Boiling hot here.......in the 90`s in the garden, high 80`s outside......thunderstorms are a certainty I think.......

Should get the food bbq`d before it changes.....but my goodness this is Orlando hot today......on a not boiling hot Orlando day of course.......gorgeous!!

:wave2: Making an early morning stop in!

I wanted to post yesterday, but I was running out of time. Today the paper shuffling seems lighter. Trying to spread it out a little over the day.

We had a great weekend visiting the kids. DH picked up his new truck on Friday night, so he spent Friday evening trying to figure out all the bells and whistles for it :rolleyes: Boys and their expensive toys lol.

The kids ended up purchasing a new to them little camper/trailer for camping as well. So they enlisted Dh's new truck to help them pick it up. That ended up being a whole day adventure for them...so it was Grammie and Berkley! We had a blast. We went for walks to the play and splash park in their neighbourhood, played with stickers, painted some pictures, played with her water table...so many things we did together. She cried when we left on Sunday afternoon. But we will see them soon enough again.

Our weather has been pleasantly warm/hot. We had some rain yesterday, and today is beautiful, except for high winds today :rolleyes2 I hate these extremely windy days. You can't do much outside without the wind trying to carry you away. We heard the wind start around 3:00 am - and the sky was just that dark twilight starting when it started. That's when I knew we were in for a day full of it.

And probably some bad news from Boris tonight, nothing unexpected but for folks that are struggling we feel so bad. Vacations can be put off and will happen again, but so many businesses are in trouble, you can’t help but feel so bad for them.
We are sitting on pins and needles here as well - as for travelling. There is an extreme amount of pressure about the boarder reopening and lifting of travel restrictions. Hopefully with out vaccines rolling out fast and furiously now for both doses, that we can be protected from the Delta variant. I am crossing my fingers that you will be travelling this fall.

Oh my goodness the lightning, the wind, hail, huge downpours, and ack, the sounds of the thunder. Nice yellow colored radar cell passed over us.
I see you made it through that storm. I loved your pictures and updates of your NY trip!!!! It looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time! Those getaways are so incredibly important right now.
Birds started at 2am, although for these next few weeks we don`t have astronomical darkness at all...you look out the window and theres always some light over the ocean where the sun rises.
We are close to that here as well. We don't see much darkness right now. It can make getting back to sleep difficult for me at times. But I will take it any day over the dark, cold and gloom of winter ::yes:: I really do enjoy the long days of summer.
My aunt is making me insane. My theory is that she originally didn't plan to go on vacation with the rest of the family. Then when my brother said he was coming for a weekend visit she decided that he was going to stay the week with Mom while she went on vacation. I don't mind that she wants a vacation, but it would have been nice if she had mentioned it a few weeks ago and asked nicely rather than demanded that my brother stay the week. There is one positive side to this. Mom has some medical appointments next week. I am going to take the opportunity to have her sign some HIPAA release forms so that her doctors will talk to me and my brother about her care. I am tired of having to rely on my aunt to give correct information.
I am sending you lots of positive vibes that you are able to find solutions that work for your family and Mom. It's great you are getting to go with your Mom to some of her appointments, that way you are getting information directly.
hi everybody :wave2:
Hi Tink :wave2:
Today DD will be going to get measured and fitted for scrubs for dental school. She invited me to tag along, and I'm thrilled! She's obviously capable of going on her own, but I love the fact that she will still include me.
This is most likely her last summer living at home, since dental school is year round. And after dental school, she'll be out on her own. I'm trying to soak up every minute I get with her. ....Cue the sappy music....
Yes, those days always come faster than we would like! Enjoy all the moments. They also know on a certain level that the time they spend with us as well is limited. I think the best thing our dd and I ever did was our Florida trip and cruise together! I want to repeat parts of it again with just us! We will see what the future holds.
Yes, I hope they`re happy with what we`ve chosen for them. I`ve helped many before with trips, but I want it to be very special for them and I`ve got some offsite places too that aren`t in NY....I`ll be so worried till I hear they`ve enjoyed everything!! That`s why they asked us as they said they don`t know anything around Orlando, and she said she feels we know Orlando so well.....no pressure lol....
You and Tom and Orlando veterans. I am sure your giving her delightful ideas to make their trip special. You could be a travel advisor for Orlando!!!!!

Well, I should shuffle a few papers around. I am leaving early, as we get our second shot today. So, hopefully we don't feel too yucky tonight or tomorrow. I guess time will tell.

Later gators

Yay! Some granmie and me time with little Berkley for Pumpkin. Yes, we did have a good time in NYC. It’s close enough to us, is a short train ride. Yeah, my DH may be looking for a new truck soon. His is getting old and worn. Yep, boy toys. Hehe, when I had to get him a new phone, as he had broken his, both kids had to show him how to use it.

Lunchtime walk time. Yay!

Forgot to add my favorite picture from the weekend. She was painting had one rubber boot on :laughing:. I found those little rubber boots in the camper and they fit her perfectly. I bought those for probably both the boys to use. She just loved them lol. Little stinker and her fascination with shoes and boots :lovestruc

Attachments

• PXL_20210612_170002456.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210612_170002456.MP.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 10
  • PXL_20210606_003553060.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210606_003553060.PORTRAIT.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 10

I wanted to post yesterday, but I was running out of time. Today the paper shuffling seems lighter. Trying to spread it out a little over the day.

We had a great weekend visiting the kids. DH picked up his new truck on Friday night, so he spent Friday evening trying to figure out all the bells and whistles for it :rolleyes: Boys and their expensive toys lol.

The kids ended up purchasing a new to them little camper/trailer for camping as well. So they enlisted Dh's new truck to help them pick it up. That ended up being a whole day adventure for them...so it was Grammie and Berkley! We had a blast. We went for walks to the play and splash park in their neighbourhood, played with stickers, painted some pictures, played with her water table...so many things we did together. She cried when we left on Sunday afternoon. But we will see them soon enough again.

Our weather has been pleasantly warm/hot. We had some rain yesterday, and today is beautiful, except for high winds today :rolleyes2 I hate these extremely windy days. You can't do much outside without the wind trying to carry you away. We heard the wind start around 3:00 am - and the sky was just that dark twilight starting when it started. That's when I knew we were in for a day full of it.

We are sitting on pins and needles here as well - as for travelling. There is an extreme amount of pressure about the boarder reopening and lifting of travel restrictions. Hopefully with out vaccines rolling out fast and furiously now for both doses, that we can be protected from the Delta variant. I am crossing my fingers that you will be travelling this fall.

I see you made it through that storm. I loved your pictures and updates of your NY trip!!!! It looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time! Those getaways are so incredibly important right now.

We are close to that here as well. We don't see much darkness right now. It can make getting back to sleep difficult for me at times. But I will take it any day over the dark, cold and gloom of winter ::yes:: I really do enjoy the long days of summer.

I am sending you lots of positive vibes that you are able to find solutions that work for your family and Mom. It's great you are getting to go with your Mom to some of her appointments, that way you are getting information directly.

Yes, those days always come faster than we would like! Enjoy all the moments. They also know on a certain level that the time they spend with us as well is limited. I think the best thing our dd and I ever did was our Florida trip and cruise together! I want to repeat parts of it again with just us! We will see what the future holds.

You and Tom and Orlando veterans. I am sure your giving her delightful ideas to make their trip special. You could be a travel advisor for Orlando!!!!!

Well, I should shuffle a few papers around. I am leaving early, as we get our second shot today. So, hopefully we don't feel too yucky tonight or tomorrow. I guess time will tell.

Later gators

Happy new truck for DH.....yes our boys do love their toys......and sounds like you had a lovely visit with the family, yes, hopefully we can all travel freely sooner rather than later......

I just don`t want to let them down on the choices, but I think they`ll be happy. We do love wandering around places and yes, I do think we know the area well outside of the parks, especially where not to go.......lol......

Yes, weirdly Canada is similar to us with being lighter at nights in the summer. Being so close for us to the midnight sun countries cause our lack of darkness, much to Kyle`s annoyance as he can`t get out imaging. He`s keen for the darker nights again.

Forgot to add my favorite picture from the weekend. She was painting had one rubber boot on :laughing:. I found those little rubber boots in the camper and they fit her perfectly. I bought those for probably both the boys to use. She just loved them lol. Little stinker and her fascination with shoes and boots :lovestruc

She is beautiful Pumpkin.....it doesn`t seem 5 minutes since she was born! And yes, boots are cute.......

Food all over with tonight. It`s still sunny right now but we can see cloud building, but oh so warm which is lovely. Sitting outside for now with some spritzers, but will head in soon.

Quiet night with some zoom time with a friend in Florida soon.....:hyper2:

Not had a full catch up but just a quick drop in to say hi. Charade hope things go well while you are with your Mum.
We have a lot going on but until the end of next week won’t bore you all with updates!
Enjoying the sunshine though not had a lot of chance to sit in it we have been in it while walking Louie and grandpup Teddy straight after the school run while a little cooler.
Stay well everyone x

Good evening everyone. Another fun day of dealing with claims and insurance. I won't bore you with the details.

Some good news - we paid off dh's car today. It will be nice having only one car payment.

Completed the reservations for my family member who is staying at RP in July for the first time, they are so excited. I hope they love it there, I think they will.
I'm sure they will love it. I chose to stay at RP based on your recommendation and I didn't even know you.

Oh no, Charade, maybe try when they first open the phone lines,
I'm going to try again Friday on my day off. Do you know if they open at 9:00 or earlier?

I'm making two Tiramisu desserts, since my recipe is for an 8x8 pan. DH says that's never enough, lol
Swing on up to Milwaukee and I'll share!
I'm on my way.

I had no idea that he got fitted for scrubs. I just assumed you would just order your regular clothing size.

Yay for the new truck. I'm sure he is having a lot of fun with it.
Nice that you got a whole day alone with your granddaughter.

Not had a full catch up but just a quick drop in to say hi.
Hi!!

Question for those of you who wear Keen sandals. What style do you like? I am thinking of going shoe shopping on Friday.

I did an online chat with Universal yesterday where I was told that I would have to call to arrange transportation. Tonight I got an email stating that I could not add the shuttle to my reservation. Guess I’m ordering private transport.

Good evening everyone. Another fun day of dealing with claims and insurance. I won't bore you with the details.

Some good news - we paid off dh's car today. It will be nice having only one car payment.

I'm sure they will love it. I chose to stay at RP based on your recommendation and I didn't even know you.

I'm going to try again Friday on my day off. Do you know if they open at 9:00 or earlier?

I'm on my way.

I had no idea that he got fitted for scrubs. I just assumed you would just order your regular clothing size.

Hi!!

Question for those of you who wear Keen sandals. What style do you like? I am thinking of going shoe shopping on Friday.

Aww, I`m really glad to hear that Charade. Both Royal and Sapphire are just the best. Staff in both places are top notch and we`ve never gone anywhere else in the world that make us feel like returning family, then I guess we`ve never gone to anywhere else so often as returning guests. But, they make everyone feel so welcome too. I hope you love Sapphire too.

Hope today is less stressful with work and you have an easy day.

I did an online chat with Universal yesterday where I was told that I would have to call to arrange transportation. Tonight I got an email stating that I could not add the shuttle to my reservation. Guess I’m ordering private transport.

Tony Hinds for sure is one of the best around. I know mac and many more highly recommend him, and although we`ve never used him (yet) I`ve suggested him to many and they`ve been delighted with the service.

Well, some rain did arrive in the night, not as heavy as predicted.....it very rarely is, but we are supposed to have lightning around this morning apparently, haven`t noticed any so far, but it does still feel a little humid.

Going to do some grocery shopping today and I think some catch up calls and also having a zoom chat with my Goddaughter and will see her gorgeous daughter too. We do plan to drive across one day and see her soon.

Either cod loin or jerk chicken tonight for dinner, haven`t decided yet. And trying to arrange a night out next week at a steak place we really like, although we are still limited to 6 people at a table, we can book and ask to placed close together, so it`s kind of like being together.

Ginger tea coming up again......

i-8bpWx9S-S.gif

i-FhG5cvv-S.gif

cv45-S.jpg

Happy Thirsty Thursday :)

Last edited:
Thirsty Thursday it is.

Oh Charade, that’s odd you cannot add transportation. Tony is a known good car service. Mac has used him for years. You can always check the transportation board as sometimes they discuss the car service providers.

And so, laptop not quite working right. Grr. But now says installing updates. Fine. Hope it fixes the issues I am having.

With those clear skies we had all day yesterday and last night, it’s a balmy 54F degrees out. But another perfect day, as while feels a bit cool, 79 degrees the high.

And ooh the beautiful sunny sunrise it was. Time for those sunglasses homies. And tea. So I’m more than ready for this Thirsty Thursday.

Good Morning homies.

Yep, Mac, I do live where 79 is a great weather high temp. Perfect days, as says by local weather people. Low humidity, lots of sunshine, and that just warm enough it feels refreshing.

The high weather systems always gives us those clear blue skies. But it won’t last. The wind will change to the South tomorrow, and then we will see mid 80’s high, with Saturday 90 the high. And that southern wind also brings that both so sticky humidity and chances of extreme weather. Yes the clash with the high, and those spectacular thunder storms Saturday evening predicted.

Hope you’ve had some tea, Schumi. And Mac, still drinking coffee?

Quick good morning before heading off to work. I checked some of the places mentioned on the transportation board and it looks like Tony Hinds has the best prices. I just filled out a request for him.

Possible long day at work today as I try to get everything caught up and organized before taking next week off. My boss isn't too happy about me being out for a week again, but is very understanding of why I need to do it.

Today is my mom's 88th birthday.

Aww, a big Happy Birthday to Charade’s mom. Sorry to hear of why you need to take off, but knowing your mom would be happy to see you. My DH has to be with his mom a lot lately. You have to do what you have to do, to make sure mom is okay.

Woot! That awesome sunny day. 😎

Morning all, have the majority of Grandma duty off today. Some retail therapy is in order.

If you did the planning, your family will have a super trip! You and Tom are practically locals and could navigate Universal and Orlando with eyes closed. They will be so appreciative of your expertise!!

Keens, did I hear Keens :)? Def need to try them on. I had to return 2 different styles since my pinkie toes kept getting caught in straps & would wind up intermittently sticking out at odd angle that would pinch. (Uneek & whisper).

They don’t sell a variety of Keens B&M here, I went thru Amazon & had multiples shipped so I could give them bit of a test run at home.

Choose wisely, they do last for ages. On 2nd pair of H2s. Admitted clunky, truly the most comfy shoes i’ve Ever worn.

Really like Birkenstock’s, however, can’t wear for 8 or 9 miles in the parks or feet are absolutely crying.

Eyeing up the Elle sandal style but figured would wait till foot heals jik size changes too much.

The Clearwater version has thinner, flexible sole, nice for waterparks. Not enough all day support for me. For those, I went with a kids/unisex size for that fit me just fine. Saved some bucks there.

Mac referred me to Tony Hinds 15 years ago (our wedding gift was a disney honeymoon). He treated them like royalty, upgraded them to the fanciest vehicle he had in fleet at the time. Smart man, they’ve been loyal to him ever since. Don’t think i’ve read any credible, negative reviews either.

Quick good morning before heading off to work. I checked some of the places mentioned on the transportation board and it looks like Tony Hinds has the best prices. I just filled out a request for him.

Possible long day at work today as I try to get everything caught up and organized before taking next week off. My boss isn't too happy about me being out for a week again, but is very understanding of why I need to do it.

:bday: to your mum Charade.....hope she can have a lovely day.....

Morning all, have the majority of Grandma duty off today. Some retail therapy is in order.

Keens, did I hear Keens :)? Def need to try them on. I had to return 2 different styles since my pinkie toes kept getting caught in straps & would wind up intermittently sticking out at odd angle that would pinch. (Uneek & whisper).

They don’t sell a variety of Keens B&M here, I went thru Amazon & had multiples shipped so I could give them bit of a test run at home.

Choose wisely, they do last for ages. On 2nd pair of H2s. Admitted clunky, truly the most comfy shoes i’ve Ever worn.

Really like Birkenstock’s, however, can’t wear for 8 or 9 miles in the parks or feet are absolutely crying.

Eyeing up the Elle sandal style but figured would wait till foot heals jik size changes too much.

The Clearwater version has thinner, flexible sole, nice for waterparks. Not enough all day support for me. For those, I went with a kids/unisex size for that fit me just fine. Saved some bucks there.

Mac referred me to Tony Hinds 15 years ago (our wedding gift was a disney honeymoon). He treated them like royalty, upgraded them to the fanciest vehicle he had in fleet at the time. Smart man, they’ve been loyal to him ever since. Don’t think i’ve read any credible, negative reviews either.

I`ve ordered a pair, still waiting for them to arrive. Have to admit when I showed them to Tom he was surprised I had chosen them, I told him you wore them and swore by them.....so that was ok then if Janet approves.......lol......they were supposed to arrive 3 days ago, but company emailed to say no deliveries so far. Terra something or other was the name, I did like the Venice but they were completely out of stock, but will try them and see how I go on with them.

That`s lovely with Tony Hinds......yes, reviews are always positive. Enjoy that retail therapy ::yes::

Well, we did manage a walk this afternoon despite thinking we wouldn`t, it is so hot out there though! Sun is blazing down with hardly a cloud in the sky and a warm breeze. But we managed 3 miles and will be barbecuing tonight which was a surprise as we thought the weather would be poor! We do prefer going out in the morning though as it is a bit cooler especially since we have been enjoying a mini heatwave (for us) recently.

So Jamaican Jerk Chicken grilled out, not very authentic as it`s just paste out of a jar, but it`s from the ethnic store and not a supermarket product. It is lovely, and very, very spicy. I think it`s the Carolina Reaper chillies it has in it instead of Scotch Bonnet. Hot.

Usual side dishes and some regular chicken for those that don`t eat the hot stuff......teriyaki for them and some grilled shrimp too.

Just had a lovely zoom chat with one of my Goddaughters and the baby is just so beautiful....cannot wait till we make it over to meet her.......she`s growing so quickly.

Strawberry lemonade time.....thirsty Thursday folks!

:wave2: Early morning stop in!

My paper stack is a little light again today. That's alright, I'll take it! Winter is our busy season, as we service many oilfield companies, and that is when they do the bulk of their work to get new drill sites set up. So summer/fall is not as busy in our office. So I can enjoy lighter days...and I really enjoy not feeling guilty about wanting to leave early on Friday afternoons because the office is dead!!!

We went and received our second shots yesterday. It's been a long wait for us, but we finally have ours done. So far, feeling good besides my arm really hurts today and is very tender to touch it. Not even an hour after, my upper arm was hot and red. That seems to have went away. So now in two weeks...we should be good to go!!!! Not that we are going anywhere except to see the kids lol.

I've been lost in Yourtube world trying to pick our perfect birthday celebration trip!!! I want to put a deposit down now, before prices sky rocket when our travel restrictions lift. I am heavily leaning towards Dominican Republic. I would love to go to the same area we were in Mexico before (I still haven't seen much outside of the resorts that I wanted to do) but if we have family/friends go with us, they would rather go to a different area. But for this special trip...I really want a VERY tropical feel!!!!! The DM has always been on my bucket list...so now is my chance!!!

We made it through the horrible winds yesterday. We only lost a few branches off of one tree. Our neighbor lost some flashing off the side and some shingles. There were reports of a few trampolines flying into other peoples yards yesterday, and fences being blown down and then dogs escaping. My FB page was flooded with reports of " found" lost dogs lol. It was crazy windy. Today is gloomy and rainy. But we need the rain, so I can't get too upset about the rain.

Happy birthday to you Mom!!! That's an amazing age! It is appreciated when work is understanding about needing time off - especially for family reasons.
Retail therapy is always a great pick me up...even if you don't buy anything. I love to look around and window shop!
Well, we did manage a walk this afternoon despite thinking we wouldn`t, it is so hot out there though! Sun is blazing down with hardly a cloud in the sky and a warm breeze. But we managed 3 miles and will be barbecuing tonight which was a surprise as we thought the weather would be poor! We do prefer going out in the morning though as it is a bit cooler especially since we have been enjoying a mini heatwave (for us) recently.
Your walk sounds lovely. I know your like us, we enjoy the warmer weather when we get it...because before we blink it's cold again ;) The strawberry lemonade sounds delightfully refreshing. Enjoy the jerk chicken!!!!

Well, I should shuffle around a few of the papers in front of me.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Lunchtime walk very soon. Have those sunglasses ready. And shorts on. Glorious out. Glad to hear Schumi had a walk in.

Yeah, Keens. I can’t wear them. Little one, when younger had them for more than a few years. I agree, if get the chance, try on to see if feels comfortable. I tend to wear my sneakers for park walking. Only wear my flip flops if not waking long, and always when going on the water rides or in the water parks.

Yay for Pumpkin booking a tropical get away. Yep, see a good price, book now. Never been to the DR, but heard disturbing reports about the resorts there not that long ago. Maybe better now? I’d look for current reports of where you are looking.

Summer coming on Sunday! Woot!

Now that is some fancy nails Lori.......very cute.

yes, it`s always lovely our young adults want to still include us and spend time with us.....never gets old. Sounds like a fun time to get her sorted out. Oh I hear the sappy music lol......

Weather sounds good, and perfect for walking the dogs......

Boiling hot here.......in the 90`s in the garden, high 80`s outside......thunderstorms are a certainty I think.......

Should get the food bbq`d before it changes.....but my goodness this is Orlando hot today......on a not boiling hot Orlando day of course.......gorgeous!!
They will have a super time off of your recommendations!

Later gators
Sounds like a perfect day with your granddaughter!!

She's beautiful!

Not had a full catch up but just a quick drop in to say hi. Charade hope things go well while you are with your Mum.
We have a lot going on but until the end of next week won’t bore you all with updates!
Enjoying the sunshine though not had a lot of chance to sit in it we have been in it while walking Louie and grandpup Teddy straight after the school run while a little cooler.
Stay well everyone x
Enjoy the good weather and hope you're doing ok!

I'm on my way.

Hi!!

Yes, the students get fitted for the scrubs. They want them to have a professional appearance, and not fit like paper bags, lol!

Great news about the truck payoff!

Aww, I`m really glad to hear that Charade. Both Royal and Sapphire are just the best. Staff in both places are top notch and we`ve never gone anywhere else in the world that make us feel like returning family, then I guess we`ve never gone to anywhere else so often as returning guests. But, they make everyone feel so welcome too. I hope you love Sapphire too.

Hope today is less stressful with work and you have an easy day.

Tony Hinds for sure is one of the best around. I know mac and many more highly recommend him, and although we`ve never used him (yet) I`ve suggested him to many and they`ve been delighted with the service.

Well, some rain did arrive in the night, not as heavy as predicted.....it very rarely is, but we are supposed to have lightning around this morning apparently, haven`t noticed any so far, but it does still feel a little humid.

Going to do some grocery shopping today and I think some catch up calls and also having a zoom chat with my Goddaughter and will see her gorgeous daughter too. We do plan to drive across one day and see her soon.

Either cod loin or jerk chicken tonight for dinner, haven`t decided yet. And trying to arrange a night out next week at a steak place we really like, although we are still limited to 6 people at a table, we can book and ask to placed close together, so it`s kind of like being together.

Ginger tea coming up again......

i-8bpWx9S-S.gif

i-FhG5cvv-S.gif

cv45-S.jpg

Happy Thirsty Thursday :)
A night out at a steak house sounds like a pretty good plan!!

Thirsty Thursday it is.

Oh Charade, that’s odd you cannot add transportation. Tony is a known good car service. Mac has used him for years. You can always check the transportation board as sometimes they discuss the car service providers.

And so, laptop not quite working right. Grr. But now says installing updates. Fine. Hope it fixes the issues I am having.

With those clear skies we had all day yesterday and last night, it’s a balmy 54F degrees out. But another perfect day, as while feels a bit cool, 79 degrees the high.

And ooh the beautiful sunny sunrise it was. Time for those sunglasses homies. And tea. So I’m more than ready for this Thirsty Thursday.

Good Morning homies.
I've used Tony for years as well. He's a very nice guy!

Happy Birthday to your mom! :bday: :flower3::cheer2:

Retail therapy?? I'm in!!
I'm lucky that I can really wear anything and my feet won't complain. I do have some nice sandals like Birks, Keen, Sanuk, etc

:bday: to your mum Charade.....hope she can have a lovely day.....

I`ve ordered a pair, still waiting for them to arrive. Have to admit when I showed them to Tom he was surprised I had chosen them, I told him you wore them and swore by them.....so that was ok then if Janet approves.......lol......they were supposed to arrive 3 days ago, but company emailed to say no deliveries so far. Terra something or other was the name, I did like the Venice but they were completely out of stock, but will try them and see how I go on with them.

That`s lovely with Tony Hinds......yes, reviews are always positive. Enjoy that retail therapy ::yes::

So Jamaican Jerk Chicken grilled out, not very authentic as it`s just paste out of a jar, but it`s from the ethnic store and not a supermarket product. It is lovely, and very, very spicy. I think it`s the Carolina Reaper chillies it has in it instead of Scotch Bonnet. Hot.

Usual side dishes and some regular chicken for those that don`t eat the hot stuff......teriyaki for them and some grilled shrimp too.

Just had a lovely zoom chat with one of my Goddaughters and the baby is just so beautiful....cannot wait till we make it over to meet her.......she`s growing so quickly.

Strawberry lemonade time.....thirsty Thursday folks!
I found out at StrongWater Tavern that jerk seasoning is too spicy for me! They had a special on jerk chicken legs the evening we were there, and gave it a try. Thankfully DDs roommate enjoyed it!!

:wave2: Early morning stop in!

My paper stack is a little light again today. That's alright, I'll take it! Winter is our busy season, as we service many oilfield companies, and that is when they do the bulk of their work to get new drill sites set up. So summer/fall is not as busy in our office. So I can enjoy lighter days...and I really enjoy not feeling guilty about wanting to leave early on Friday afternoons because the office is dead!!!

We went and received our second shots yesterday. It's been a long wait for us, but we finally have ours done. So far, feeling good besides my arm really hurts today and is very tender to touch it. Not even an hour after, my upper arm was hot and red. That seems to have went away. So now in two weeks...we should be good to go!!!! Not that we are going anywhere except to see the kids lol.

I've been lost in Yourtube world trying to pick our perfect birthday celebration trip!!! I want to put a deposit down now, before prices sky rocket when our travel restrictions lift. I am heavily leaning towards Dominican Republic. I would love to go to the same area we were in Mexico before (I still haven't seen much outside of the resorts that I wanted to do) but if we have family/friends go with us, they would rather go to a different area. But for this special trip...I really want a VERY tropical feel!!!!! The DM has always been on my bucket list...so now is my chance!!!

We made it through the horrible winds yesterday. We only lost a few branches off of one tree. Our neighbor lost some flashing off the side and some shingles. There were reports of a few trampolines flying into other peoples yards yesterday, and fences being blown down and then dogs escaping. My FB page was flooded with reports of " found" lost dogs lol. It was crazy windy. Today is gloomy and rainy. But we need the rain, so I can't get too upset about the rain.

Happy birthday to you Mom!!! That's an amazing age! It is appreciated when work is understanding about needing time off - especially for family reasons.

Retail therapy is always a great pick me up...even if you don't buy anything. I love to look around and window shop!

Your walk sounds lovely. I know your like us, we enjoy the warmer weather when we get it...because before we blink it's cold again ;) The strawberry lemonade sounds delightfully refreshing. Enjoy the jerk chicken!!!!

Well, I should shuffle around a few of the papers in front of me.

Have a great day everyone!!!!
We had a fantastic trip to the DR just over 2 years ago!! PM me if you want any details from our trip.

DDs scrubs fitting went well yesterday. She was able to bring 5 tops home. The pants needed to be ordered since she wears a long. Those should be ready for pick up in 2 weeks.
I didn't realize at the time, but the uniform shop is right next door to an incredible bakery!! It opened in 1937 and is a Milwaukee institution. Naturally, a stop next door had to be made. I got their "famous" cheese pocket, and DD got a chocolate filled buttercream donut. We brought some home for the neighbors and DH too of course.
I think we will be filling orders for the bakery when we go back to pick up the pants in a couple weeks!

We might get some rain today, and it's badly needed. Hopefully we get enough to green the lawn a bit.

Tonight will be baked salmon, sauteed zucchini, and cheddar broccoli rice. Kinda healthy, and will be gobbled down by all 3 of us!

Need to clean out and organize my spice cabinet. It's getting too full, and plenty in the way back that needs to go. A wild and crazy Thursday around here, lol!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter