• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Tried yesterday to book with Delta but the hold line was at 9 hours

Started over today and wait time was only two hours.
( and I call that great)

Remember the days in the past where waits were only minutes to reach an agent

Now I wait for airline flight changes
Lol

Hope all the homies are relaxing and having a laid back weekend!
Hugs to all
:flower:

You too mac, hope it’s a good weekend for you.

Flight changes are horrible…….especially if they don’t suit.

Hdo a wonderful day today. Our young friends came round, and we made a fuss of the car, then some of our friends rang to say they were in the garden of the village pub, so we ambled round and it was so lovely. The owner has made the outside smoke free too, most beer gardens allow smoking outside, so this was perfect with no stinky smoke around us.

Had some snacks, and a few drinks, then most came back here for a couple of hours and we cooked some food outside and had a lot of laughs.

It felt normal again.

It is still so warm and we were in the 80’s today which was lovely, we were glad of the parasols in the pub garden and we sat in the shade here.

Everyone gone now and food has been cleared!

And tomorrow is to be even warmer………perfect!

Yep, hope everyone is having a fabulous Saturday……..

hi everybody :wave2:

Congrats on getting your flights booked mac! I booked ours today too....had to settle for a later, late flight out since my first choice went up by $36. I'm going to hope for a change banner.

Lynne...sounds like a fun trip to NYC...what kind of stuff did they have in the Potter store?

Carole...that pub garden sounds like my kind of place. It's always nice to get back to normal and celebrate with friends. Hope Kyle has smooth sailing with the vaccine.

I'm on day 6 of 7 in a row at work...can't wait until Monday. At least I have our trip to look forward to ...only 98 days to go!

Now if they would only release the HHN ticket info.....

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

hi everybody :wave2:

Congrats on getting your flights booked mac! I booked ours today too....had to settle for a later, late flight out since my first choice went up by $36. I'm going to hope for a change banner.

Lynne...sounds like a fun trip to NYC...what kind of stuff did they have in the Potter store?

Carole...that pub garden sounds like my kind of place. It's always nice to get back to normal and celebrate with friends. Hope Kyle has smooth sailing with the vaccine.

I'm on day 6 of 7 in a row at work...can't wait until Monday. At least I have our trip to look forward to ...only 98 days to go!

Now if they would only release the HHN ticket info.....

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

You‘d love it Vicki…..especially with the no smoking around. And yes, feeling normal again was lovely.

So far so good with Kyle.

Oh you’ll be ready for your days off for sure…..and good news on your flights getting booked too…….

You have a good few days off doing as little as possible……. :thumbsup2

Tink, they had most of what I think was in the parks as to items to buy, wands, books, clothes, candy, trinkets and such. But what we did buy, was one of the 3 different Potter t shirts with NYC on them. We both only liked one of the 3 styles, so I will be wearing it in the parks this Fall. They also had actual props, in very clear to see boxes, from the movies, some jewelry, masks, the book with the tooth stuck in it, and wands all used by the actors. And they had a game you play with the codes next to most of those prop boxes. That if you screen shot the letter given from the scan, when you visit the nine marked codes, scanned by your phone, you have a nine lettered word to unscramble. Took us some time to figure the word out. But we did, and showing word at checkout counter, they gave you a pin for solving. Was nice, the checkout lady gave me a pin too, even though it was little one was the only one of us two, that did the game. Also, the birds and decor, and the very cool looking elevator, I don’t remember seeing anything like it in the Fla parks. And they also sell butter beer. So it was neat to shop in, as we have shopped in the Fla stores, but was fun to see this store. And nice for Potter fans to see the store and get some of the items you’d get in the parks without going to the parks. And for the little girl in front of us, while waiting to get a return time, she was major excited to get a butter beer and shop. Was her 10th birthday, and her mom said this is where her daughter said she wanted to go for her birthday. And she was clearly a Potter head, as said she read all the books and saw all the movies, and was spouting off all different facts about the stories, as we waited.

Ah, a nothing of interest day. Perfect for a Saturday. And thinking of making chicken and beef cheesesteaks. Easy dinner, sandwiches. Yay! Jewish pickles on the side. A favorite side of little one and me.

A super late good evening tonight. I had horrible insomnia last night and didn't get to sleep until 6:00 this morning. A high school classmate is weighing heavily on my mind. We weren't very close in school, but have been Facebook friends for a few years. A couple of nights ago she made a long post where she sounded extremely upset about things going on in her life right now, then abruptly deactivated her account. I am concerned about her, but have no way of getting into contact with her to see if she is okay.

Today we had a neighborhood block party. It was nice getting to meet some of our neighbors. None of the dessert I made was left over, so I consider that to be a win.

Vaccine day for my boy today, hoping he has no issues as we didn`t.
So far so good with Kyle.
That's good news. B got her first shot today. So far just a sore arm and tired.

Tried yesterday to book with Delta but the hold line was at 9 hours

Started over today and wait time was only two hours.
( and I call that great)
2 hours is still too long for me. I am so glad I booked my flight back in January. The same flight has almost tripled in price.

I will say though, so far, the rental car prices have been scary high. I keep trying though.
One of my friends has been saying the same thing, He says the problem is lack of inventory. Apparently the rental companies sold off part of their fleet last year when everything closed down.

110 for me. I think we are going to miss each other on this trip.

I took a nap this evening when i got home from the party, but I still feel sleepy now. Hopefully I will sleep better tonight. Here's another fun night light.

Yeah, I’m glad I booked my flights too, Charade, when they first came out. Actually used my points, so happily paid little, and could always get my points back if went down in price. Have yet to see that happen though. So far, up over half of the points I had used. But yeah, saw my rental car rate from last year, now triple what I currently have. Really hoping will go down as they see more business. And you’d think they would as Disney stops the free bus service.

Fading fast, so thanks for the light Charade. And hope your classmate is okay, and got help if needed. And glad B got her first shot. Both my kids got their 2 shots in March, and had no side effects other than a quick headache right when they got up from waiting the 15 minutes after the first shot. I think it was more they had not eaten before they got the first shot at lunchtime. No reactions the second.

Hope B has no side effects after her second shot. That goes for Kyle too.

Hope Keisha is doing better. Sending mummy dust your way.

And my Fall countdown is 99 days too. Yay for a little over 3 months. And double digits.

Double digits for Lynne !
It’s always great when your count down is out of the triple numbers.

I quit doing car rentals when I was down to only one son with me for Orlando trips
Went with car service with grocery stop for supplies.

Not sure why I would focus on hotel daily parking fees
when I did car rentals

Charade, hope you get decent sleep tonight!
Oh my that is a stunning night light for us tonight
Disney?
It’s awesome

Carole...
Hope no side effects for Kyle !

And the booster shot later will be smooth

Thanks mac.......he`s absolutely fine this morning thankfully.

A super late good evening tonight. I had horrible insomnia last night and didn't get to sleep until 6:00 this morning. A high school classmate is weighing heavily on my mind. We weren't very close in school, but have been Facebook friends for a few years. A couple of nights ago she made a long post where she sounded extremely upset about things going on in her life right now, then abruptly deactivated her account. I am concerned about her, but have no way of getting into contact with her to see if she is okay.

Today we had a neighborhood block party. It was nice getting to meet some of our neighbors. None of the dessert I made was left over, so I consider that to be a win.

That's good news. B got her first shot today. So far just a sore arm and tired.

2 hours is still too long for me. I am so glad I booked my flight back in January. The same flight has almost tripled in price.

One of my friends has been saying the same thing, He says the problem is lack of inventory. Apparently the rental companies sold off part of their fleet last year when everything closed down.

110 for me. I think we are going to miss each other on this trip.

I took a nap this evening when i got home from the party, but I still feel sleepy now. Hopefully I will sleep better tonight. Here's another fun night light.

View attachment 581748

Glad your daughter didn`t have any side effects either. Yes, a sore arm is all he had yesterday, but it`s fine today.

And good news on your flights already locked in, everythign is going up now. For us it`s rental cars. Right now our usual is showing around $7,700, when it`s usually around $2,000 max, that`s for suburban/Tahoe/Escalades.

The lovely "car rental whisperer" Keisha is on the case though and yesterday found us some other options to look at we didn`t think of, and some to avoid, if the trip happens of course.

Hope you slept well last night, and lovely night light again.

Little cloudier than forecast, but the heat is building already. Been out early and picked up some fresh produce for next few days, so grill will be on for lunch and dinner tonight. Did stock up on more meat this morning, so made a few stops at places we like.

No walking today as it`s just too hot despite the cloud, so we`ll have a day in the garden and cook out all day. And this morning plan to have a closet clearout. the charity stores are accepting things now and don`t demand each item is individually wrapped, so I`m sure I can hand in a decent amount. And have a root around the house too, see what can go.

Making some strawberry lemonade too, again, thank Janet for the idea.....

And a lovely Sunday lies ahead........

cv65-S.gif

cv26-S.jpg

cv75-S.jpg

Happy Sunday ☀​

Good Morning Schumi. Your lemonade sounds good. Perfectly warm here. High is 75F. Though cloudy and not very bright out. And a bit cooler morning, as 63 degrees out now. And while I don’t have a rooster neighbor, the chicken neighbor was very loud clucking a little earlier. So I’m up early to a quiet house.

Hehe, older one saw a bottle of sangria by the front door. You don’t drink that do you mom? No, but will be visiting my sister today. She enjoys drinking it. I hope it is good, as I liked the design on the bottle. Thought she could use the bottle after it’s empty.

And so that ever quiet house. And tea in my cup, and bagel with cream cheese. And other than a visit today, our typical Sunday. We will be getting the trash out, and two of us have early Monday starts, so early bedtime too. Ready for the work week day. Yep. And thinking while had a very short week last week, need a shorter one this week. May take off Friday. I need another longer weekend. Ack it’s Sunday, and a new week already.

Stupendously relaxing Sunny Sunday homies.

Good morning everyone. I haven't been up long, so there isn't much to post about.
The other day I read the entire Sapphire Falls thread. I am really looking forward to this stay. I am going to try to come with no checked luggage. I need to find a few travel sized items though.

Yeah, I’m glad I booked my flights too, Charade, when they first came out. Actually used my points, so happily paid little, and could always get my points back if went down in price. Have yet to see that happen though. So far, up over half of the points I had used. But yeah, saw my rental car rate from last year, now triple what I currently have. Really hoping will go down as they see more business. And you’d think they would as Disney stops the free bus service.
I am brand new to airline points. We don't fly that often and always used dh's account. I now have my own airline account and designated credit card. I only got the card becasue I could get my first flight free with it.

Charade, hope you get decent sleep tonight!
Oh my that is a stunning night light for us tonight
Disney?
It’s awesome
Sleep was much better last night. The light isn't Disney. It's just a random picture I found when I googled night lights.

And good news on your flights already locked in, everythign is going up now. For us it`s rental cars. Right now our usual is showing around $7,700, when it`s usually around $2,000 max, that`s for suburban/Tahoe/Escalades.
That is absolutely crazy. We. never rent cars when we go to Orlando, but then again, we never leave the property of whatever place we are visiting. The last time we rented a car was when we went to California 2 years ago.

SPeaking of car rentals, I probably should call Universal tomorrow and schedule my transportation to and from the airport.

Now it's time for church.

Good Morning Schumi. Your lemonade sounds good. Perfectly warm here. High is 75F. Though cloudy and not very bright out. And a bit cooler morning, as 63 degrees out now. And while I don’t have a rooster neighbor, the chicken neighbor was very loud clucking a little earlier. So I’m up early to a quiet house.

Hehe, older one saw a bottle of sangria by the front door. You don’t drink that do you mom? No, but will be visiting my sister today. She enjoys drinking it. I hope it is good, as I liked the design on the bottle. Thought she could use the bottle after it’s empty.

And so that ever quiet house. And tea in my cup, and bagel with cream cheese. And other than a visit today, our typical Sunday. We will be getting the trash out, and two of us have early Monday starts, so early bedtime too. Ready for the work week day. Yep. And thinking while had a very short week last week, need a shorter one this week. May take off Friday. I need another longer weekend. Ack it’s Sunday, and a new week already.

Stupendously relaxing Sunny Sunday homies.

Lemonade is lovely, very refreshing. I like sangria, but make our own usually or have it made up in restaurants, never bought ready bottled stuff......hope she likes it.

Good morning everyone. I haven't been up long, so there isn't much to post about.
The other day I read the entire Sapphire Falls thread. I am really looking forward to this stay. I am going to try to come with no checked luggage. I need to find a few travel sized items though.

I am brand new to airline points. We don't fly that often and always used dh's account. I now have my own airline account and designated credit card. I only got the card becasue I could get my first flight free with it.

Sleep was much better last night. The light isn't Disney. It's just a random picture I found when I googled night lights.

That is absolutely crazy. We. never rent cars when we go to Orlando, but then again, we never leave the property of whatever place we are visiting. The last time we rented a car was when we went to California 2 years ago.

SPeaking of car rentals, I probably should call Universal tomorrow and schedule my transportation to and from the airport.

Now it's time for church.

Yes, crazy price. We love a car though as we do roam around a lot to various places, wouldn`t like to be without one. But, we will have options of course.

Sapphire Falls is beautiful. It really is up there as one of our two favourites, can`t fault it in any way at all. I think you`ll absolutely enjoy your time there.

It is hot. Very hot. And we love it......but we have come inside for a little bit as it`s in the 90`s in our garden, around 86F generally.

Spent most of the day there, friend popped round to pick up her book group purchase, had some lemonade and went home. So, waiting for dinner now to cook the rest of the food we got. It`s been lovely picking at bits throughout the day.

Missed our walk today though, but will get back into it tomorrow......

Yep, I really like SF too. In fact, I thought I went to lower rated place when I moved to RPR, the first time I tried SF. It is a pretty hotel. And I really like the bar, and restaurant there. I’d stay there more if they offered the express pass.

You must need the rain Charade. Rain here to start in the wee hours and be a rainy Monday morning.

Where’s the night light?
Good thing I had a flashlight with me to find my way to the door here.

Our good news is tonight’s low temps will be 70
Bad news tomorrow another quite warm day at 94
( or 95)

It doesn’t matter to me as ac always on

Hope all the homies have sweet dreams tonight!

I just woke up from a crazy dream. People were arriving for an event I was having (possibly a wedding). The TARDIS appeared with the 4th Doctor, 2nd Romanna, and Amy Pond. (Doctor Who fans will understand why that is weird.) I ran over and greeted them like they were old friends and thanked them for coming. They said that they wouldn’t miss it for the world. Then I woke up.

We can use the light from the TARDIS for a night light tonight.

A cloudy 66F degrees this early morning. And soon to hear the trash trucks. Now the chance of rain is not as high, so was said by morning weather guy, as he said most will be dry. And a muggy high of 79 degrees means still put on shorts this morning. Sigh. May not need shades, but still may put on some suntan lotion on. Cloudy day or not, this Monday’s lunchtime walk.

And a woot! This week ends with the Summer season arriving. Longest day of sunlight, double woot! See, this is the week you will enjoy the longest days of light. Triple woot, woot, woot.

And so, like Mac, a seasonable close to 80 degrees the high, makes it a perfect day in my book. And weather guy said our most perfect day will be Thursday, full day of sun with high of 75 degrees predicted. Most pleasant weather I’d say. Hope Mac, you are getting more of these pleasant weather days, where not feeling that stinky hot.

So Most Marvelous Monday homies. Well wishes mummy dust sent to those who need some, and a very happy good morning to all as well.

And you know tea is still being sipped in this home. 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter