Something About Nothing............ #14

:wave2: Doing a quick stop in before I attempt to get the pile of papers shuffled away on my desk.

Sounds like everyone is experiencing old man winters grip coming on again :sad2: :cold: We, too are under ANOTHER snowfall warning. They are predicting over a foot again by tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully we will be on the road before it hits. I hate driving on crappy roads. It just makes for a long trip.

I hope everyone who is under the weather gets better soon. But...the best thing to do is get caught up on movies you missed, cuddle under a blanket with your favorite warm beverage ( tea for me please ;) ) and just rest! I hope your not down for too long.

All this talk of cabbage rolls...YUM!!! We eat the ones with ground beef and rice. Growing up in a mostly German/ Ukrainian community, those were a regular item with any special meal that was served, pot luck or just an extra little goodness for a Sunday night meal. My mom has a little side business making cabbage rolls and perogies. It definitely keeps her busy!!! She loves doing it, and once she doesn't want to do it anymore, she will quit. Now I want to eat them, and those are missing from my freezer lol. Oh well...we might have to make a trip to see them soon.

Well...I should start working on this pile of papers since I want to get out of here early today.
Have a great day everyone!!!!!

Good morning...almost afternoon!
I'm feeling better today, still a slight coughing and stuffy but definitely on the mend.

Polish girl here- we call them golabki!
We call them halupki, and we like them too. I make a halupki casserole when hubby craves them though. We also like halushki but I only make it once a year or so.
That's totally allowed when you are sick.
((hugs)) Thank you! I still get "mom guilt" when I can't keep up with everything.
Ooh, we may get a snow shower Mac, but with 40 degrees won’t stay around. No matter, that wind will make ya feel like temps in the low 20’s.
Please... no more snow! We still have some on the ground and its only 28 today and not melting. I can't wait for some consistently warmer weather. This is always the time of year we get stir crazy!
charade - Admit to never really thinking of how it is for those Who have to Actually navigate the insurance mess we now have.
Charade, I can't imagine how you deal with insurance co. day after day.
When I strike out Getting claims paid (or in full), then dump it in DHs union benefit guy. Somehow he seems to often be able to push things thru When all else has failed.
We've had to do the same thing, except with hubby's HR person. It's sooo frustrating when you can't even get a live person on the phone to help you.
Absolutely, with extra cabbage lol
Yes!!
Wit lol Is your cheese ‘real’ or that scary, soupy melted stuff that is so popular in phillie? Lol
A cheese wit-out is what I get! (no onions) Hubby gets a cheese wit. I haven't had a Philly cheesesteak in a while.... we're probably due for a trip to the city soon!
I really love the Skechers Go Walk slip on shoes. I wore out my solid blue pair and would like to replace them.
I LIVE in skechers! Go walks, sneakers, other styles that I don't know the name... lol! I had surgery on both my feet and I have to be really careful what I wear and they are the best. I also love sanuk yoga mat sandals.

Mac, I had to look up a gum ball stickie tree! I never saw one before!

Hi to everyone else I missed! I'm going to have to venture to the grocery store soon. Thank goodness for heated car seats, that's all I have to say! BRRRR...

No, I use real square cheese from the deli for my cheesesteaks. Though I do not mind the with, when in the City, but no fried onions either. I made sure the peppers were fried first. Older one and DH were happy to have the onions on their steaks.

Now a what for dinner tonight. Think it will be just older one and me. And a hehe, told little one that I was coming to pick her up around 1 or 2pm. She just called me and said like 10 or 11am. And, she is bring stuff home. Hence, I will bring older one with me, one to help clean out my car of mostly their stuff, and to ride with me, if she needs more hands to carry.

:wave2: Mac, Keisha, McK, Pumpkin and Buckeev.

Afternoon everyone:wave:the temperature is still in the high 30's low 40's and very windy. The sun is out so that is good.

Charlie passed his permit test yesterday:woohoo: so let the anxiety begin with driving!! Our goal is that he will have his license before the end of June. You have to wait 3 months after you get your permit totake it. He made a celebratory dinner for us. He made a chicken and vegetable stir fry over egg noodles. It was very good. He will be the one I can pass cooking down too. Liv wants no part of it!

This is another big remodel weekend. Brian is now going to pull everything out of the upstairs bathroom and put a new floor, vanity and mirror in. It probably will take him the whole weekend. The downstairs one looks so nice so I am happy about this one being done.

I am going to have to go and buy some new blinds tomorrow so will probably stop into one of our consignment shops and take a look there. I bought a couple of cardigans but need some shirts to go underneath.

The kitty went for his first blood work after his treatment and it looks good.:D He just needs 3 more weekly tests then next treatment.

Pattyw I hope you stayed safe through your snow storm:goodvibes and another Polish/Italiangirl here and loved those golabki.

Mkrose glad that you are feeling better and hope for a quick 100 percent recovery. I know how you feel my teens are 18 and I still feel guilty about not being able to do some things. Heated car seats would be a :cloud9:.

Schumi Sorry to hear you have been under the weather, I hope you feel better soon. I missed your daily meal menu, your recipes inspire me to broaden my menu:thumbsup2

Pumpkin I hope the snow holds off for you for safe driving. I hope you have a great weekend!

DLPN sorry to hear you weren't feeling good and had to take a trip to the hospital. I hope your headache goes away quick, (they are awful) and hope you get back to everything.

Lynne glad you enjoyed your ice cream with strawberries. I love themand put them in my oatmeal with blueberries all the time. That stinks the DD has an allergy to them. We have a few good farms not to far from here and love to do the picking in June. That stinks you couldn't go back to sleep, I can relate.

keisha Congrats on the DVC after Thanksgiving trip, always a nice surprise. I hope you get the approval you need for the tests. It is astronomical and scary to get sick these days. I feel so bad for people who have health insurance problems.

Charade I hope cleaning went well and maybe you will be able to grab some chili. I love Skechers go walk flip flops and sandals, I will be expanding my wardrobe of them. I hope you find what you are looking for at the mall. Sorry you have been having some rough work days.

Mac I hope raking went well! I can't wait to say that about my lawn this time of year. I would have done a double take on the flurries, I hope I won't see anymore of that after this winter. Donuts are one of my favorite deserts, glad to drop in on Monday.

Monykalyn Congrats on raising that money for the chili cookoff. It is such a good feeling when it turns out good. I too am a sci-fi nerd. However, Next Generation was my favorite but I liked them all. I haven't seen Picard yet but hope to soon. We eat eggs a lot and fresh ones sound awesome!

Buckeev Hi nice to see you drop in.

Well I am off to try and get some stuff done. I hope everyone has a nice Friday to start the weekend.:jumping1:

No luck with the shoes. No one had them in navy. I came home and ordered a pair online.

We, too are under ANOTHER snowfall warning. They are predicting over a foot
Hope you are able to avoid the worst of it. A foot of snow practically shuts us down.

Good morning...almost afternoon!
I'm feeling better today, still a slight coughing and stuffy but definitely on the mend.
Happy to hear that,

I LIVE in skechers! Go walks, sneakers, other styles that I don't know the name... lol! I had surgery on both my feet and I have to be really careful what I wear and they are the best. I also love sanuk yoga mat sandals.
I started buying the Go Walk slip ones a few years ago when I needed something that could be easily removed at the airport. I also discovered that I can comfortable weae the medium width. I usually have to get wide shoes..

told little one that I was coming to pick her up around 1 or 2pm. She just called me and said like 10 or 11am.
Two more weeks before B is home. Thankfully she can just catch a ride home with her dad.

Charlie passed his permit test yesterday
Congratulations Charlie!

The kitty went for his first blood work after his treatment and it looks good.:D He just needs 3 more weekly tests then next treatment.
Thanks for the update.

Guess I should go and start working on the house cleaning.

Bovbie, glad to hear cat will be okay, and congratulations to Charlie for getting his permit.

Charade, cleaning is overrated. LOL

Keisha, score on place to stay in November. Mouse time, yay!

Pumpkin, oh no, snow. Ack, we saw flurries, but that was it. Wind was really cold feeling. Hope your papers are in order now.

Went to 3 stores this afternoon for food items

Did major shopping at one place but due to getting the can cat food one of my cats eats, had to hit 2 more grocery stores

Been In the house for 35 minutes and realized I forgot to buy cilantro so I can make avocado dip tonight

So now I am off to go to Publix for one stinking item

I absolutely hate going to the grocery store at this time of the day on a Friday

Charade I’ve never been turned down for treatment on what my DHs employer claim is of the ‘Cadillac’ variety. They are profitable enough to self insure. They just generally prefer you use their facilities vs the few independent hospitals in my tri-state area or their arch nemesis UPMC.
Charlie passed his permit test yesterday:woohoo: so let the anxiety begin with driving!! Our goal is that he will have his license before the end of June. You have to wait 3 months after you get your permit totake it. He made a celebratory dinner for us. He made a chicken and vegetable stir fry over egg noodles. It was very good. He will be the one I can pass cooking down too. Liv wants no part of it!
A learners permit & he cooks too! That a good catch for some young lady lol
I absolutely hate going to the grocery store at this time of the day on a Friday
It’s been advised folks should build a ‘bug-in’ kit to last two weeks re food, bottled water, RXs etc.

Appears I picked the worst time to clear out my deep freezer. What are those odds lol

Keishashadow
I only cook dinner on Thursday and Friday so shop on those days for fresh meats or chicken, etc besides our weekly needs

If we feel we don’t want to eat out then there is always something in the freezer I could thaw out

Also buy a case of water and 3 cases of diet Mt Dew weekly
Can’t drink the tap water in Georgia
Even with the filter on the fridge water set up, it’s still not to my liking

What has everyone planned to do this weekend?
When does Sue return from Mexico?

Maybe she will bring all of us a souvenir!

No, I use real square cheese from the deli for my cheesesteaks. Though I do not mind the with, when in the City, but no fried onions either. I made sure the peppers were fried first. Older one and DH were happy to have the onions on their steaks.
Yum! My favorite cheese on a cheesesteak is provolone. I am gluten free and I'll admit that I have ordered from Tony Luke's (not my first choice!) and taken the meat and cheese off the bun and put it on a gluten free roll. LOL!
Flyers are winning right now. DD's boyfriend is over and very excited about that. I'm a Pen's fan though, so there's some friction. LOL
Mkrose glad that you are feeling better and hope for a quick 100 percent recovery. I know how you feel my teens are 18 and I still feel guilty about not being able to do some things. Heated car seats would be a :cloud9:.
I only have one at home now and she's 20, soon to be 21, still in college and I still feel guilty. My thoughts are with you with a new driver! I know how that feels!
So glad your kitty's bloodwork is good!
Italian-American girl here, but living with Polish/Slovak family so I know all the yummy dishes!

It’s been advised folks should build a ‘bug-in’ kit to last two weeks re food, bottled water, RXs etc.
Today at the store was weird. Lots of people looking for masks. Kinda scary. Tomorrow hubs and I go to Sam's club so it should be interesting to see what's going on there.
What has everyone planned to do this weekend?
Sam's club, relaxing, trying to figure out our May Disney trip plans.
What about you? Did you see my post about having to look up a gumball stickie thingy? I had no idea what that was!

I was out in the yard picking up gum ball stickys and swearing under my breath

But once I came inside, I read you found out about the tree

I got quotes over the phone this evening of $1800 to $2700 to have it removed
Price might be higher or lower once they come to my house for a visual

The area where we are was not included into the city township until 1900 as that was when the contracts expired with the Nations
My HOA development is on former Native American land
It’s only been about 25 years that my area was allowed to be developed
Trail of Tears butts up in my backyard
It follows the original walk to the west and is a main road route

Buenos noches amigas! It’s 1:20am and guess who’s having problems sleeping! Loving the great weather. It’s nice just relaxing by the pool some days with a book and pool noodle!
Wednesday my neighbour and her sister from England was in port! They were on a Holland America Cruise. The condo we are staying at is a short walk to the Port, so it was very easy to meet up. We hopped in a taxi and I took them to The Malecon. It’s a beautiful seawall walk along the ocean with lots of shops and restaurants along the walk.
It was fun browsing the shops. I picked up a couple of tees for my daughter. There’s also beautiful bronze statues along the seawall.
We walked to the end where there is a great little restaurant with tables on the beach. We stopped there for lunch and margaritas! They really enjoyed the day. I had gone earlier in the week to scope it out. And this time I got to go into the shops, lol. When I went with the husband he’s not into shopping.

Thursday we just had a relaxing day around the pool. Today we went out for a morning walk to check out a beach our friend thought I may enjoy tomorrow while the boys golf.
I hope my Mr is ok for golf tomorrow. The other day he went with our friend over to the store to pick up some things and he fell. You really have to look down here. The sidewalks are very uneven, and sometimes it’s cobblestone. He says his ribs are sore. Ugh.

im going to try to sleep, Mr is snoring away, highly annoying.

Hope everyone under the weather is getting better.
Monayklyn great job with the chilli cook off.

Yay! An on holiday report from Sue. Happy you are relaxing, having shopping fun with some friends, and oh, sending some well wishes to your DH, as a fall is never fun, particularly when you get hurt. Hope you get more sleep today.

Yeah, I used to have season tickets and watched the Fly boys, but rarely do lately now. They haven’t been the best for years. Quite some time ago, when they moved to where they are now, the season ticket prices went way out of my acceptable price range, so only occasionally watching in person for years now. My kids both have Pen clothing, Keisha, so while we are Flyer fans, kids’ have jerseys from other hockey teams. They enjoy shopping at a store that sells only Pitt teams’ items and clothes.

Sigh, leaving the light on, as once again I am up at least an hour before sunrise. 🌅

66907737-9422-423F-836E-C98305FF7155.jpeg61285CB3-4CBD-4597-A737-5F96DC114F77.jpeg

You get the picture, hope every homie has a relaxing, feeling healthy, enjoyable weekend.

And yay, full house for a week! Woot! Spring Break for little one. Woot!

Lastly, while I am enjoying my tea, Chinese is on the menu tonight. Woot!

Pumpkin, hope your snow levels aren’t as bad as forecast......and have a safe journey......

mrose......glad you’re doing better too! Yes, love my heated seats.....and cooling ones in summer! Have a good weekend.....

bobbie....big congratulations to Charlie! Yes, when they start driving it’s such a worry......they have to be 17 over here to get what we call a provisional licence, then they get professional driving instructors to teach them. Not sure about America but they are a fortune over here......we were glad Kyle passed first time and only needed a few lessons as he had been driving on private ground many times, usually raleigh cars. But, well done to him......hope the decorating is going well. No food plans this weekend, well, no cooking yet anyway......more take out!

Keisha......glad that rogue stitch is gone! I hate cabbage in any shape or form, but I think I may try some of yours given the chance.......no Mexican style though....not a food I ever eat!

mac....I love avocados and do enjoy guacamole......but can you leave off the Cilantro in mine please!! Tastes like soap to me......:sick: Good luck with the quote for work being done.....

buckeev.......:wave2:

Heavy rain during the night woke us up a few times......and not to be a very nice day. Glad we have no plans to go out.

It‘s a lazy day ahead, lazy weekend ahead actually.......

Take our again tonight.....think Kyle is out, so it’s just us......maybe hot and spicy Indian food.

Lunch is whatever Tom makes me......he’s very good though!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.......

Schumi
Glad you were able to post
Hope you start to feel better real soon !

You have been our “morning crew” each day and were missed

I’m more of a night crew poster and will never be off the night shift here
Lol

Thanks mac.......appreciate it!

Yes, barely made it to the morning crew today.......still 40 minutes till midday though......

But, have to say........the night crew sounds much more fun.....I like all nocturnal things......👻

Hope you are feeling better,Schumi. Yep, afternoon for you already. Hope your weather is rain free soon. We are having some winter weather. Wind chills in the teens. North of me may see snow flurries this afternoon. Ah, but as weather guy has said, 60’s in our forecast for next week. I’ll take it. Spring is surely coming closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter