Something About Nothing............ #14

Charade....hope you`re having a lovely trip away.

My friends, goddaughter and her family are all glad they brought some warm clothing this week although the little one is disappointed it was too cold to swim and water parks were closed during their stay. I think they`ll stick to warmer times of the year from now on. They`ve moved to Anna Maria Island for 5 nights and by the time they get back to Orlando to finish the trip off it should be warmer. They sent me a link to their facebook pictures and everyone is just so wrapped up with warm clothes!

Yep, still no plans to get FB.

Busy day ahead, got 2 deliveries coming so need to be back in for that, but not sure we will. One of them is 2 crates of wine, so we really want to be in for that!!

Happy Friday.

@macraven @keishashadow @disneyseniors @tink1957 :wave2:

cv17-S.jpg

cv52-S.jpg

:santa:

Good morning. Long drive yesterday. We got in later than expected. We had our first Buc-ee’s experience last night. I now understand all the hype.
I had a very rude awakening this morning. The phone rang just before 9:00. The guy on the other end was mumbling. I told him I couldn’t understand him and then he asked an indecent question. I hung up and reported it to the front desk.
Today will be spent at Dollywood. It doesn’t open until 11:00 though, so we will have time to get breakfast. Maybe we can find a pancake house. :rotfl2:

A night view from our room.
IMG_0118.jpeg

Morning all. Still, not quite there on the xmas list. Two oldest DS dragging their feet. Did place that Lululemon order for the ‘lil, thank you to them for the 25% military discount

Slowly I turn…step by step...Niagara Falls. Love my 3 Stooges :)

in the 50’s & glorious :sunny:again the next few days here. We see it so rarely in the winter here. Plan on another long walk in the woods to wear out the pooch who was getting a bit of cabin fever.

And so it starts here. Several large school districts in area, closer to WV, have ceased operations for the remainder of the year due to uncontrolled outbreaks of flu & rsv.

Largest hospital system in the state is reinstating mask policy In all their facilities, including dr offices. The other big one locally is sure to follow.

https://triblive.com/news/health-now/upmc-to-reinstate-medical-mask-policy/

Monyk -lol split the difference and get an AP to both parks :). nice to hear the family is thriving.
I want to know what medication Carole used.
IMG_4300.jpeg
Christmas fireworks. It’s cool out. Getting ready to watch the parade. Then ready for bed.
most who haven’t seen them for a bit said they were wow’s by them. WDW does do them head’s above (hehe) most. By the end of our trip it really was a recurring theme of all the parks cutting back on production while charging more. Not to point it will keep us from our annual holiday visits, just annoying to a degree.
We once ate at Sloppy Joe’s in Key West.
They have several locations in FL now. Menu not to mr picky’s liking tho. appeared to be more of a party place on the beach in St Pete’s/Clearwater area.
Do you have a Waffle House nearby? They’re always open. I need to find out what will be open Christmas Eve. That’s dh’s birthday.
I’ve eaten exactly two meals in that sort of place in my life.

Not a breakfast out sort usually, thanks to the aforementioned mr picky who is a bacon & toast guy only. the golfer, John Daley, has one in his home area of north Myrtle Beach that serves up a fine Belgium waffle with whipped cream and strawberries.:).

IHOP run with friends, went with a burger. Wouldn’t recommend lol.
love turkey! I always laugh when folks say turkey is dry......heck, cook it properly and it won`t be dry!!! Never had a dry trukey in my life.
I found a pkg of turkey slices in the freezer yesterday. Made the mr hot turkey sammies & Devonshire for me. That cheese sauce talked to me all night, so rich, good as a splurge Tho
We`ve never been to an Arby`s before, not sure why
the mr enjoys them can’t say I agree they serve “roast beef”, whatever, it’s quite tasty now & again.
We love the restaurant called Sloppy Joe`s in Orlando, same as the one in Key West apparently, everything is very fresh.
One of the younger servers from ToJay’s left to help open that site up.
We didn't want to cook last year,
No right or wrong way to fly there. I really enjoy cooking, do have nights where I toss hands in air and take out it is :)
Got everything up but our dachshund pulled santa sleigh.
On doxie, on dancer, away! We had breed when I was a child. After two developed serious back issues via injuring themselves hopping about, sadly; stopping owning them.
He was great, as were the singers and orchestra.
Good to hear, was wondering how he’d do. Felt bad for those who had cancelled events earlier in the season.
Gotta run. We are leaving this afternoon for Pigeon Forge.
It’s a you can’t get there from here sort of place for us...a solid 8.5 - 9 hour drive as no real direct route. My SiL‘s family went years ago, only because her mr was obsessed by Dolly’s “talents”
Had a great safari and time at AK.
it’s the #2 reason we go to AK, behind yak & yet :). great when you get a good run-through on it. We had a celeb (MMA I’m told) & his entourage (2 adults and nearly a doz small children) on our recent outing. Was a bit distracting as neither the tour guides or driver chastised the kids for standing up and moving around while the vehicle was moving.o_O

My friends, goddaughter and her family are all glad they brought some warm clothing this week although the little one is disappointed it was too cold to swim and water parks were closed during their stay. I think they`ll stick to warmer times of the year from now on.

You never really know what you will encounter in FL in the winter.

Hidy Ho. Will be a much later arrival on our last full day. She is still asleep. I hear ya, Keisha. But they all still come. Was up with a fast finger for that vq. Nope. All were faster than me. Oh well, at least we rode it three times in September. Crowds are here, was much quieter in September.

And stormy Sunday at home we will be. Good thing we made our plans to arrive a day before that other icky along the coast, and coming home before the rain makes it a flood watch day. Though saying rainy down here tomorrow. No matter. We are well versed with raincoats and dry fast shoes when we come to FLA. We always travel with at least two pairs, and plastic bags. Wet shoes and rain coats in a plastic bag go through security fine.

And so, without that military discounts, and SW credit from past trip, this week wouldn’t be. But we still like to see holiday stuff here, when it’s still warmer than where we live. And like little one says, we have 3 parks, within a 3 hour drive, with 3 smaller parks in that same top amount of drive, that we can get much cheaper APs to, even though none are year round. So, will we be back next year? Maybe. That other park did give us a 15 month year when we renewed last Spring and Summer. Then as kids are grown adults, that my not be living with us in the next year, and an other country trip all want next year, any trip down here wouldn’t be that long, or be the multiple that we have done these last two years. At least that what I am thinking as this year ends.

And so, a wish all stay healthy this holiday season. And have a most Fabulous Friday feeling today.

Hehe, just think, we will be traveling next Friday too. Wee, the holidays are here.

Was up with a fast finger for that vq. Nope. All were faster than me.
Tron? Did u try LL?

GoG in Epcot much easier now, especially afternoon one

Nice to see you have enjoyed your trip to the other side.

Overseas trip sounds like a real
Adventure & really expensive to foot that bill!

Will the parks call loudly next year? :p Who knows?

We let our U APs go, still Have some P2P days tix in hand. May add USH for HHN Onto the September DL trip the mr is planning. His baby, will Let him run with it since he’s paying lol

I suggested adding on Hawaii, got the hairy eyeball and he countered vegas. It’s all good

Mouse owns us, our WDW APs are written in stone. Happy to have the SW/Aquatica military fun passes. Factoring in parking, already paid for themselves in one day

Will likely jump on epic U to see what the fuss is about. Thinking they will sell day tix only out of the gate, maybe at a discount to those who hold APs to the other parks. Who knows? They can, literally, write their own tix there. Demand will be high

Agree with ya Keisha, on that Epic park. May wait a couple of years to help with the crowds. DH said he wants that trip, so thanks to some family, he’ll be the payee. I’m actually looking forward to it. We spent a month there after we graduated, as figured the next time we’d have that amount of time will be when we retire. But as far enough, will be a two week trip. Then we have done West coast trips four times now. And since I have a niece there, we may try to meet up with her parents and spend Christmas time up her way.

Lunch is here, and very crowded.

IMG_2940.jpeg

Okay for now, as thinking snack later today. Weather is nice enough, windy. Need either pants with short sleeved t shirt or sweatshirt and shorts. Did take my sweatshirt when it gets a little cooler tonight.

Good morning. Long drive yesterday. We got in later than expected. We had our first Buc-ee’s experience last night. I now understand all the hype.
I had a very rude awakening this morning. The phone rang just before 9:00. The guy on the other end was mumbling. I told him I couldn’t understand him and then he asked an indecent question. I hung up and reported it to the front desk.
Today will be spent at Dollywood. It doesn’t open until 11:00 though, so we will have time to get breakfast. Maybe we can find a pancake house. :rotfl2:

A night view from our room.
View attachment 817859

There`s some dodgy people about for sure!!

That is a pretty view from your room.

Morning all. Still, not quite there on the xmas list. Two oldest DS dragging their feet. Did place that Lululemon order for the ‘lil, thank you to them for the 25% military discount

Slowly I turn…step by step...Niagara Falls. Love my 3 Stooges :)

in the 50’s & glorious :sunny:again the next few days here. We see it so rarely in the winter here. Plan on another long walk in the woods to wear out the pooch who was getting a bit of cabin fever.

And so it starts here. Several large school districts in area, closer to WV, have ceased operations for the remainder of the year due to uncontrolled outbreaks of flu & rsv.

Largest hospital system in the state is reinstating mask policy In all their facilities, including dr offices. The other big one locally is sure to follow.

https://triblive.com/news/health-now/upmc-to-reinstate-medical-mask-policy/

Monyk -lol split the difference and get an AP to both parks :). nice to hear the family is thriving.

View attachment 817843

most who haven’t seen them for a bit said they were wow’s by them. WDW does do them head’s above (hehe) most. By the end of our trip it really was a recurring theme of all the parks cutting back on production while charging more. Not to point it will keep us from our annual holiday visits, just annoying to a degree.

They have several locations in FL now. Menu not to mr picky’s liking tho. appeared to be more of a party place on the beach in St Pete’s/Clearwater area.

I’ve eaten exactly two meals in that sort of place in my life.

Not a breakfast out sort usually, thanks to the aforementioned mr picky who is a bacon & toast guy only. the golfer, John Daley, has one in his home area of north Myrtle Beach that serves up a fine Belgium waffle with whipped cream and strawberries.:).

IHOP run with friends, went with a burger. Wouldn’t recommend lol.

I found a pkg of turkey slices in the freezer yesterday. Made the mr hot turkey sammies & Devonshire for me. That cheese sauce talked to me all night, so rich, good as a splurge Tho

the mr enjoys them can’t say I agree they serve “roast beef”, whatever, it’s quite tasty now & again.

One of the younger servers from ToJay’s left to help open that site up.

No right or wrong way to fly there. I really enjoy cooking, do have nights where I toss hands in air and take out it is :)

On doxie, on dancer, away! We had breed when I was a child. After two developed serious back issues via injuring themselves hopping about, sadly; stopping owning them.

Good to hear, was wondering how he’d do. Felt bad for those who had cancelled events earlier in the season.

It’s a you can’t get there from here sort of place for us...a solid 8.5 - 9 hour drive as no real direct route. My SiL‘s family went years ago, only because her mr was obsessed by Dolly’s “talents”

it’s the #2 reason we go to AK, behind yak & yet :). great when you get a good run-through on it. We had a celeb (MMA I’m told) & his entourage (2 adults and nearly a doz small children) on our recent outing. Was a bit distracting as neither the tour guides or driver chastised the kids for standing up and moving around while the vehicle was moving.o_O

You never really know what you will encounter in FL in the winter.

lol....love When Harry met Sally!!

Think we have similar weather, we`re about 50 today too, it was very mild out especially in the sunshine, it was lovely at times of the day.

Hot turkey sandwiches!!! Lush....or beef.....either works for us. I can see why someone would leave Toojays for Sloppy Joe`s....very different vibe, although we love Toojays too I have to say.

I don`t think the one at Icon Park is as big a success as they`d hoped, it`s never overly busy according to the barman who was leaving that week we went, too quiet, so not enough tips I`m guessing. It`s a shame as it is a lovely place and food is really good.

Think I`m done ordering stuff, got a few things to pick up next week for Scotland and one of my friends but they`re easy things to pick up.....your boys will come up trumps I`m sure and let you know what they want.

Beautiful.

View attachment 817927Lunch. I don’t think I will need to eat again today.

lol....that`s a lunch! The dreaded green beans make an appearance!

Beautiful day today, it felt very mild and almost warm in the sunshine too, managed to pick up some things we wanted and a few other things we didn`t plan to pick up....always the way and some more wrapping paper as I think I`ll need it.

One package arrived but wine didn`t turn up, so it`s coming tomorrow instead, we`ll be in most of the day till around 6ish, then heading out for a Christmas dinner to our favourite pub about 45 minutes from us, it suits everyone to meet there, food is incredible, we`re not going for the Christmas menu, but their regular menu, we mostly go for steaks so it suits everyone better.

Watching The Grinch tonight....Jim Carrey version, only one we ever watch to be fair.

Feeling very full from dinner, we had lamb shanks in red wine, rosemary and garlic with garlic parmentier potatoes.....no dessert tonight!

Maybe manage a glass of wine though :)

1702668984889.png

I’m
lol....that`s a lunch! The dreaded green beans make an appearance!
One of the few veggies I actually like. These were southern style, cooked with meat.

I am used to Disney dining, and to a lesser extent, Universal. It was kind of surreal just walking into a restaurant and being seated immediately. All of the food was really good too.

I don`t think the one at Icon Park is as big a success as they`d hoped,
Will admit I’m not a fan of the traffic patterns to get in/out of that tourist area When it’s busy
The dreaded green beans make an appearance
Lol, right up there with cilantro :)
One of the few veggies I actually like. These were southern style, cooked with meat.
i enjoy flash cooked beans (Asian sort), however; that southern style is a must-do on my holiday table or my one son would revolt. I‘m a fan too, so favorable and tender that way.

drama queen time: I think I lost a year of my life this afternoon.

Was waiting in line at self checkup in WM. Woman in front of me was very large, in the biggest ECV I’ve ever seen.

In the front basket was a pit bull, laying on top of a blanket of all things where the groceries would normally sit???

Attached to the side of it (via a short lead) was a large, chocolate pit bull. He trotted along beside it as it moved. Seemed well-trained as to his pacing. Neither dog had service vests on, both seemed calm & well behaved.

dum dum dum

Once she reached the front of the long line, the worker directed the woman to a check out. It turned out her (boy) friend had her cartful of stuff a few people behind me…asked to get past us all to join her.

After a lot of jostling of carts to let him thru, when I moved aside (just holding my items), the dog lunged at me, barking & snarling. Surprised he didn’t break his neck on the lead. Like out of a cartoon... His head stayed fixed on end of lead and his body & legs swung out towards me.

People started to scream, the WM worker freaked out. that probably never came up in his training. Asked if i was ok. said yes, just shook up by it and couldn’t wait to leave.

I’ve been around dogs my entire life, have bred multiple litters. I know my way around animals. Have never seen anything like this.

would you believe the owner of the pit bulls never asked if i was ok or made any effort to say she was sorry?

She just growled at the worker when he started to reprimand her, screaming it was all my fault…the dog thought I was threatening her & tried to protect her.

Only at walmart.

Scored a last minute Space 220 reservation. Very nice price fix dinner, and 3 bucks more for a light up ice cube in a rocket ship drinking cup. To be way too full is an understatement.

Ending our last night in a quite large Starbucks line. Kinda fitting. We had a great week, and with a night flight, having some other park fun for a few hours. With sleeping beauty, you will see us checking out at almost exactly 11 am tomorrow.

Glad to see Charade made it safely, and eating good. And an ack for Keisha. If that Walmart phenomenon. Glad you did not get bit. Pits are nice dogs if trained properly.

Yay, coffee in hand. Good night all.

Scored a last minute Space 220 reservation.
Oooh, need a mini review. I’ve tried diligently for many trips, no dice. Just wanted the lounge tho. Again, fancee food for the Mr is a recurring issue.

one of the reasons I don’t volunteer at the no kill shelter any longer is due to the large pitbull population there. Smart animals, far too easily trained “the wrong way”

Keisha, 79 dollars plus tip.and I paid 5 dollars for a soda. Here’s what you get to enter the restaurant:
IMG_0899.jpeg

Where we checked in:
IMG_0900.jpeg

Alcoholic drink menu wheel at table:
IMG_0906.jpeg

Go into an elevator? Anyway trip to outer space to dock at space station:
IMG_0921.jpeg
What we saw in the elevator:
IMG_0925.jpeg
Yep, that’s earth in distance.

Our view from seats:
IMG_0909.jpeg

And both of us had the 8 oz filet meal for our entree:
IMG_0912.jpeg

Would we do it every time. Maybe if we get as lucky as we did today. But only one time, as usually not how we eat. We rarely have dessert, and most times don’t even order an appetizer.

I’d say, was an upscale feel, and little one liked it so much, she ate her appetizer quick, wiped that above plate clean, and ate more of our desserts than I did. Was a nice amount of food, and an expansive menu. Waiter was nice, and gave recommendations that were helpful to us. I’d say much better for value for what you can choose from for dinner, than at lunch (55 dollars, plus tax and drinks for basically burger, other less choice items) and in the lounge (smaller menu than both lunch and even more less than dinner).

The only way we got it was 3 hours before we ate. We were scrolling thru Disney dinner locations, in mid afternoon, as was wondering where to eat dinner tonight, and boom, saw that 220 reservation for 5:15 pm pop up. Grabbed it, and never saw it available after we scrolled back through. So I’d say if can’t get it at that time out first day, then try day before or day of. We tried before we came and every day our two weeks in September, never could get. So I’m guessing we got very lucky that someone cancelled at the last minute, and we saw it today.

Now back and relaxing. Will pack up tomorrow morning. Even that Mickey popcorn bucket will travel with us. We had a great trip, and rain didn’t both us much so far. Only one night, our second night here, was a rainy and stormy one.

Good evening. The other 2 members of my family have crashed, but I need a little time to wind down. Dollywood was great. We only went to the shows and looked at the lights, but we were there from open to close (11-9). The weather was great. Sunny and high 50s during the day. It was a lot cooler at night, but we did so much walking that I was warm most of the time.

would you believe the owner of the pit bulls never asked if i was ok or made any effort to say she was sorry?
Sadly, I would. Too many entitled people out there. I’ll bet she tells people he is a service dog. Glad he did not injure you.
Speaking of service dogs, I saw a really cute one tonight. It was a big, fluffy white dog and it was wearing something similar to Mickey ears. I think they might have been bear ears.

Scored a last minute Space 220 reservation.

Awesome! I have never considered this restaurant before, but it looks really cool. I’d now like to try it if I ever get lucky enough to get a reservation.

Dh is snoring, so I will be awake for a while. I wish I had brought earplugs.

Here are a few more pictures.
IMG_0125.jpeg

IMG_0128.jpeg

IMG_0137.jpeg
There was a whole light show with this tree. I got it on video.

IMG_0144.jpeg

I’m

I am used to Disney dining, and to a lesser extent, Universal. It was kind of surreal just walking into a restaurant and being seated immediately. All of the food was really good too.

I have to admit to only going to restaurants we don`t have to wait for, we`ll sit at the bar usually, I couldn`t deal with that Disney way of doing things.

I have been given green beans in many guises with the words....you`ll like them this way......nope!! Veg of the devil along with Kale!

Will admit I’m not a fan of the traffic patterns to get in/out of that tourist area When it’s busy

Lol, right up there with cilantro :)

i enjoy flash cooked beans (Asian sort), however; that southern style is a must-do on my holiday table or my one son would revolt. I‘m a fan too, so favorable and tender that way.

drama queen time: I think I lost a year of my life this afternoon.

Was waiting in line at self checkup in WM. Woman in front of me was very large, in the biggest ECV I’ve ever seen.

In the front basket was a pit bull, laying on top of a blanket of all things where the groceries would normally sit???

Attached to the side of it (via a short lead) was a large, chocolate pit bull. He trotted along beside it as it moved. Seemed well-trained as to his pacing. Neither dog had service vests on, both seemed calm & well behaved.

dum dum dum

Once she reached the front of the long line, the worker directed the woman to a check out. It turned out her (boy) friend had her cartful of stuff a few people behind me…asked to get past us all to join her.

After a lot of jostling of carts to let him thru, when I moved aside (just holding my items), the dog lunged at me, barking & snarling. Surprised he didn’t break his neck on the lead. Like out of a cartoon... His head stayed fixed on end of lead and his body & legs swung out towards me.

People started to scream, the WM worker freaked out. that probably never came up in his training. Asked if i was ok. said yes, just shook up by it and couldn’t wait to leave.

I’ve been around dogs my entire life, have bred multiple litters. I know my way around animals. Have never seen anything like this.

She just growled at the worker when he started to reprimand her, screaming it was all my fault…the dog thought I was threatening her & tried to protect her.

Only at walmart.

Holy crap, the police would have been called here if that happened in public!!! Thank goodness you weren`t touched, but still a horrible and scary experience that was so unnecessary. They certainly don`t sound like responsible dog owners. Like Charade I`m not surprised the owners didn`t apologise, says exactly who they are.

It`s only guide dogs (Seeing eye dogs) that are allowed in stores here, the mass trend of "support" dogs hasn`t quite reached us yet to the same extent as America but I`m sure it`s coming.

Check the People of Walmart site for that area and see if they made the grade........

Yes, it can get busy down there, we tend to go at lunchtimes where traffic isn`t just as bad.

lol.....cilantro is the worst!!!! But green beans is up there......:)

Good evening. The other 2 members of my family have crashed, but I need a little time to wind down. Dollywood was great. We only went to the shows and looked at the lights, but we were there from open to close (11-9). The weather was great. Sunny and high 50s during the day. It was a lot cooler at night, but we did so much walking that I was warm most of the time.

Sadly, I would. Too many entitled people out there. I’ll bet she tells people he is a service dog. Glad he did not injure you.
Speaking of service dogs, I saw a really cute one tonight. It was a big, fluffy white dog and it was wearing something similar to Mickey ears. I think they might have been bear ears.

Awesome! I have never considered this restaurant before, but it looks really cool. I’d now like to try it if I ever get lucky enough to get a reservation.

Dh is snoring, so I will be awake for a while. I wish I had brought earplugs.

Here are a few more pictures.
View attachment 817997

View attachment 817998

View attachment 817999
There was a whole light show with this tree. I got it on video.

View attachment 818000

Yep, too many entitled people out there that have no regard for others in any way shape or form. Very sad when you see it happen though in front of you.

Lovely pictures. I don`t know what I expected when I hear the words Dollywood, but it does look nice and that is a lovely tree, I do enjoy a good tree lighting ceremony!!

I never understand why people have to mimic and copy others. Is it that they have no imagination of their own or just like to poke the bear, I haven`t quite decided yet, but it is hilarious when someone replicates your speech patterns, phrases you use all the time, places you visit or just repeat general conversations as their own.

It`s supposed to be a compliment according to others, but I find it incredibly sad and pathetic that anyone would not be original and be their own person instead of trying to copy someone else. When it becomes as obvious as it is and a joke to many it`s time for it to stop.

She knows who she is.

cv55-S.jpg

Actually, must try and watch the Wizard of Oz this year too......💜

Beautiful Saturday morning here, I was up incredibly early and one of my friends had left a txt to say she was coming to the beach early with the dogs so if I was up, head on down to join her....so crazy lady I am, I did.

It was so cold, but not bitter cold, but lovely and seeing the sunrise was quite stunning, I don`t think pictures capture it well. Sunset last night was very similar with pink skies all around us.

i-T63NrHp-S.jpg

Came home and my sleeping beauty was still sound asleep, he heard me going out and kept quiet in case I asked if he wanted to join us....lol.....that`s my man!!!

Made us French Toast and bacon, no maple syrup....how`d that happen!!! But we had golden syrup so used that instead, still worked!!

Popping out for an hour or so, then lazy afternoon, might do a face mask and chill out with a movie before getting ready to go out for dinner, looking forward to this one a lot.

Our friends are still groaning we won`t be here to do the Boxing Day get together again, it has been a couple of years due to us going to Scotland. I did tell them someone else could host it.....but it`s not the same apparently....lol.....nice to be appreciated!!! It was always a good get together with up to 40 folks most years.

So, looks like steak tonight with a shrimp or seafood starter somewhere......never usually have any room for dessert unless it`s very special!!! But, there will be lots of bubby 🥂

Have a wonderful Saturday whatever you may be doing.......:) Time to pop out and do some errands and drop off some Christmas cards locally.

cv58-S.jpg

cv52-S.jpg

:santa:

And it’s raining. A light rain, but to be raining all day and night here. 64 degrees out here, now, and see it’s 34 at home this morning. Will be changing to our warmer clothes at airport, as when arrive home, phone showing will be 41 degrees. But at least if forecasts for today are right, will be landing in dry weather, even if leaving in the rain.

Never been to Dollywood, but it looks very nice, Charade. Love seeing the holiday lights. Hope no rain for you today.

She’s still asleep, even with a very noisy room above us. We are fast packers, so if she’s still asleep around two hours from now, I’ll be noisy. Then will have to see what she’s in the mood for lunch. May be offsite or maybe not. She can be a very picky eater and drinker. Good thing down here, there are so many restaurants to choose from. However. will be taking some of the leftover snacks with us, as little one is not fond of most of the food in this airport.

Super happy Saturday to all. Weekend is here. Yay! And ooh 15 more days until the last day of this month and year. Woot!

Good morning. No real plans for us today. I’m thinking about getting on the Pigeon Forge trolley and just riding it up and down the parkway. The only thing I am planning today is my birthday dinner at a cuban restaurant.

I have been given green beans in many guises with the words....you`ll like them this way......nope!! Veg of the devil along with Kale!
I actually don’t mind kale either. Only in small amounts though.

I don`t know what I expected when I hear the words Dollywood,
Never been to Dollywood, but it looks very nice, Charade. Love seeing the holiday lights. Hope no rain for you today.
It’s a really nice amusement park. I wouldn’t mind coming back in the spring sometime and riding the rides. The last time I was there for a full day was about 14 years ago. The 1 park (there is a waterpark too) annual passes range from $159-$349. If we lived closer we would probably have annual passes.

Safe travels, Lynne. We aren’t supposed to have rain here today, but I think it will be waiting for us when we get home tomorrow.

Woke up three times last night, restless sleep. Think the WM events were working on my mind. Ah well, it’s a new & sunny day. Might hit 60 degrees, we are dancing in the streets as temps will be half that in a few days here.

had a dressy holiday outfit picked out for our annual date today, TSO concert Doing afternoon concert, then dinner out TBD. neither of us is too concerned to miss the oddly scheduled Steeler game, what a lousy season

May need to switch gears and dress in removable layers. they perform in the consol arena here, always cold in there during hockey season as the temp set low as ice is still on floor for the penguins. they just cover it up & put floor seats upon it. One of the main reasons I won’t buy those seats, your feet wind up freezing, boots or not.

Finally, watched Barbie movie, odd one. Believe the mr enjoyed it more as to The ken gags. Indy movie the previous night was a big disappointment to me. so disjointed, seemed as tho the writers took turns churning out a few pages.

Even that Mickey popcorn bucket will travel with us.
It surely was popular, saw so many lugging them around the parks. I do collect nutcrackers, had it in my hand and put it back. No idea where I’d display as it’s oversized vs the others we have. Still kicking myself for not getting the mr toad popcorn bucket tho.
I’ll bet she tells people he is a service dog. Glad he did not injure you.
Yes, that was part of her rant To the employee. Then she started in on her ”rights under the 2nd amendment to the constitution”. either she needs to re-read it or she was referring to the dogs as weapons. :scratchin

I’ve lost track, cute button, whose BD Celebration? 🎂the lights look very pretty there, such a scenic area.
Check the People of Walmart site for that area and see if they made the grade........
wouldn’t surprise me In the least. One thing that did was it happened in “a nice WM”
IMG_4308.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter