Something About Nothing............ #14

Busy day today at work. I had to get the gal who trained me down to show me a process I just couldn't remember or figure out with lots of clicking lol. I'm glad it's Friday tomorrow. Not much planned for the weekend - just what I'm needing. A quiet weekend at home.

Quiet night tonight. Dh went to bed extra early as he was tired from staying up to watch the Oilers loose last night. So it's just me and the remote. It's extremely windy tonight - so no walking tonight.

I came home to see our older ds had started making dinner. That made my momma heart happy - to not have to cook tonight. I'm thinking tomorrow night will be bbq burgers and fries - if the wind dies down.

I am the same way - I hate they way people are shaping and doing their brows. I don't think they realize that when they are talking and expressive - they look like ANGRY BIRD the cartoon character. My brow gal closed shop and I'm too scared to see someone else for fear of them making my brows look all wonky.

OOOO That's great! My last set lasted me close to 18 years. My current set is close to 10 years old now and still going strong. It's a top load washer with no agitator. I found it washes good as long as we load the washer like it had an agitator. That is my only complaint about it. I'm sure yours does so much more than mine. Dd has one that I'm sure could fly to the moon it has so many buttons lol

Yahoo :cheer2: it's sooo close now!

Well, I should get going. I gotta feed my sourdough starter to activate it again.

Have a great evening everyone

Honestly, when did eyebrows get so huge and so dark!!!!

Our washing machine is an all singing all dancing one that looks like the Starship Enterprise, with music too, but at the end of the day I`d be more impressed if it loaded and unloaded it for me lol......honestly, I`m someone who enjoys doing laundry so as long as it`s clean, i`m happy.

Have a great weekend Pumpkin.

Bit of an early one this morning, dropped all the baking off for the bake sale, went out walking despite the cold, but needed the cobwebs blown off us. Then got a txt to say our new tv was being delivered in the next two hours!!! So much for Saturday, but no complaints. We whipped off home and arrived about 10 minutes before he did......so my lovely husband is playing with his new toy as we speak, this one looks more complicated than I`m sure it really is. As long as it has a good picture and sound, I`m happy, we bought a new sound bar too which bewilders me with new tv`s they are needed, but I do agree the sound is better with them. I don`t know anyone who doesn`t have a sound bar today.

Glad we came home when we did as it has turned colder than earlier, sun has gone. Story of April.

I made some small pork pies yesterday, with apple, so that`s lunch today and dinner will be a hot and spicy Thai curry with coconut rice. I also baked individual cherry pies as part of my donation to the bake sale, but kept 2 back, so that`ll be for after dinner with a cuppa tonight.

I think we might watch a movie this afternoon on the new telly.

Happy Friday and weekend.....:)

1714127573596.jpeg

cv28-S.jpg

cv81-S.jpg

Good morning!! It’s time to start getting ready for my trip. I have had an email from the airline offering to switch me to a less crowded flight. Unfortunately the flights offered would get me into Orlando at 10:30 pm or midnight. No thanks. I will spend part of the day housecleaning and part working on the Spiderman cross stitch I am making for B. She is working a long shift today.

Other good news - the other therapist has finally been approved to accept Medicare. When I get back I will start the process of getting her approved to submit claims It’s amazing all the hoops you have to jump through.

That Homecoming mum is very odd indeed.
They compete to see who has the biggest and most elaborate. It’s crazy.

Never takes a proper vacation? Everyone needs a vacation, whether they think they need it or not, switching off is essential at times.
In the 12 years I have worked there I can’t remember her ever taking a week off and going somewhere. What she will do is take an extra day off around a holiday. For example, Memorial Day is coming up at the end of May. It is always on a Monday. She will take off the Thursday before (she doesn’t work on Fridays) and have a long weekend, but she never goes anywhere except occasionally to her son’s house in North Carolina.

Not much planned for the weekend - just what I'm needing. A quiet weekend at home.
Sounds like a good plan.

Time to get that luggage out Charade. Safe travels tomorrow.
I packed all my clothes this morning. I’m trying to pack very light for this trip.

Honestly, when did eyebrows get so huge and so dark!!!!
I haven’t noticed the eyebrow trend. I should pay more attention. I really don’t do anything to mine.

so my lovely husband is playing with his new toy as we speak, this one looks more complicated than I`m sure it really is. As long as it has a good picture and sound, I`m happy, we bought a new sound bar too which bewilders me with new tv`s they are needed, but I do agree the sound is better with them. I don`t know anyone who doesn`t have a sound bar today.
Sounds like my husband. He loves his TV and sound bar. I never think to turn the soundbar on. I’m fine with the TV sound. Dh keeps trying to convince me that we need a bigger TV. I keep reminding him that anything bigger will cover the window. Hard to believe we used to be happy watching a 19 inch screen.

Time to get the day started. And last countdown.

IMG_0425.gif

Good morning!! It’s time to start getting ready for my trip. I have had an email from the airline offering to switch me to a less crowded flight. Unfortunately the flights offered would get me into Orlando at 10:30 pm or midnight. No thanks. I will spend part of the day housecleaning and part working on the Spiderman cross stitch I am making for B. She is working a long shift today.

Other good news - the other therapist has finally been approved to accept Medicare. When I get back I will start the process of getting her approved to submit claims It’s amazing all the hoops you have to jump through.

They compete to see who has the biggest and most elaborate. It’s crazy.

In the 12 years I have worked there I can’t remember her ever taking a week off and going somewhere. What she will do is take an extra day off around a holiday. For example, Memorial Day is coming up at the end of May. It is always on a Monday. She will take off the Thursday before (she doesn’t work on Fridays) and have a long weekend, but she never goes anywhere except occasionally to her son’s house in North Carolina.

Sounds like a good plan.

I packed all my clothes this morning. I’m trying to pack very light for this trip.

I haven’t noticed the eyebrow trend. I should pay more attention. I really don’t do anything to mine.

Sounds like my husband. He loves his TV and sound bar. I never think to turn the soundbar on. I’m fine with the TV sound. Dh keeps trying to convince me that we need a bigger TV. I keep reminding him that anything bigger will cover the window. Hard to believe we used to be happy watching a 19 inch screen.

Time to get the day started. And last countdown.

View attachment 854853

I wouldn`t have switched either Charade, sounds like your flight is decent enough as it is.

Well, if it suits her I guess it must work for her, I only one person who never took a vacation and she passed away aged 50, she was a workaholic though.

I use tweezers on my eyebrows once a month, it`s usually just the odd one or two coming through....although I did notice they are slightly grey now when they do come through now. I don`t like bushy eyebrows in any form, thankfully mine are very slight and don`t take any maintenance. I don`t even think there`s anything for her to wax tomorrow, but can get her to have a look.

Yes, the trend for young girls especially with these slug like brows is weird to me as an old broad!!!

We have a sound bar for every tv in our home and I always ask, for the cost of the tv`s the sound should be wonderful, but apparently the sound bars enhance the sound. I don`t care really, but I do think the sound off all our tv`s is very good, so won`t complain. We have a huge screen for movies, but the new tv is a "mere" 55" which yes, like your husband my husband thinks it could be bigger in that room.....lol.....

We had a 22" tv when I was a kid although it was huge, just a tiny screen lol......

If I miss you, have a lovely trip Charade, hope it`s a nice journey and you have the best time!!

So, they don`t look the most appetising 🥴 tasty though, we kept the two pork pies and the two cherry pies that looked the least pretty. Pastry worked out nicely and pies were nice, and delighted to know everything that was donated from folks sold quickly.

i-cvj5h3R-X2.jpg

i-NQCW9Bb-X2.jpg

That pie filling just explodes in the oven!! Elise liked this version of cherry pie when I made them with her, so kept the same little design, she called then googly eyes pies ☺️

Sun is shining, but it`s still so chilly out there. I`m waiting for temps to go up before we go back out walking properly.

Pot of tea time I think......

I just checked in for my flight and have my boarding passes. 🙂✈️

I wouldn`t have switched either Charade, sounds like your flight is decent enough as it is.
I’m getting in around 6:00. I would have chosen the flight that gets me in at 4:30, but it would mean a mad dash across the airport in Charlotte.

Well, if it suits her I guess it must work for her, I only one person who never took a vacation and she passed away aged 50, she was a workaholic though.
I don’t know how she does it. She’s going to be 79 in August. She doesn’t look or act her age.

If I miss you, have a lovely trip Charade, hope it`s a nice journey and you have the best time!!
Thank you. I will be checking in during the trip.

Happy Friday!!!

Charade: Have a great flight and trip to Orlando. I envy you the warm weather and just getting away for a while.
Oh I can understand what you are going through with billing for the government! I worked as a medical secretary before becoming a nurse. Dealing with the paperwork was terrible back then. I can't imagine what it is like now. YOU deserve a vacation just for dealing with all that, LOL.

Carole: Your pies look delicious. I've never seen a cherry pie like that. I love it:) I bet your pies were snapped up quickly. It looks like we now have your weather:( I had to laugh at Tom getting another tv. Men! They have their toys, don't they, :)

As for the eye brows, I agree with you and Charade! I can't understand the heavy, dark eyebrows either. I have thin brows and don't do anything to them at this point - one good thing about getting older, LOL.
I hope you are satisfied with your new hair dresser? Mine is fine, but she never wants to cut my hair as short as I request. Oh well, she gives the best hair cut and style I've ever had, so I will put up with slightly longer hair.

Thanks, Lynne, we did get home safe and sound, but Tired. I'm still not back to normal yet. We thought about driving to Florida once, but decided the flight was better. You are brave to do it. Of course, our trip was crazy long, so I have no excuse:) We Will be flying on all future trips to Arizona and Florida. We still drive to Tennessee to see my brother but it is a shorter and easier drive.

Well, we are into day one of four days of rain and cool, windy weather. We do need the rain as our lakes are down a bit more than usual.
Roger and I were able to clean out three of the flower beds yesterday. We neglected them last fall because the rabbits ate from the barrels all winter. This winter, only had one rabbit that didn't seem to care for dead flowers, LOL. I have a rock garden to clean up. We tore out all the old flora on the north side of our house, and we planted some new flowers so will see how they like the spot. Our trees are finally starting to leaf out and the grass is greening up. Love this time of year:) How is everyone else getting along with their gardens this Spring? I hope you are all able to get out and get started.

Have a great weekend everyone:)

ruth

I just checked in for my flight and have my boarding passes. 🙂✈️

I’m getting in around 6:00. I would have chosen the flight that gets me in at 4:30, but it would mean a mad dash across the airport in Charlotte.

I don’t know how she does it. She’s going to be 79 in August. She doesn’t look or act her age.

Thank you. I will be checking in during the trip.

No one wants to do a mad dash at an airport Charade, it can be stressful enough!

I don`t know a single person who would still be working at that age, most folks here that we know have all stopped working mid 50`s and that suits them, certainly suited Tom with his early retirement choice. But, it obviously works for her, good to hear she`s like that though, my mum is 89 now and is the same, no stopping her every day!

Happy Friday!!!

Charade: Have a great flight and trip to Orlando. I envy you the warm weather and just getting away for a while.
Oh I can understand what you are going through with billing for the government! I worked as a medical secretary before becoming a nurse. Dealing with the paperwork was terrible back then. I can't imagine what it is like now. YOU deserve a vacation just for dealing with all that, LOL.

Carole: Your pies look delicious. I've never seen a cherry pie like that. I love it:) I bet your pies were snapped up quickly. It looks like we now have your weather:( I had to laugh at Tom getting another tv. Men! They have their toys, don't they, :)

As for the eye brows, I agree with you and Charade! I can't understand the heavy, dark eyebrows either. I have thin brows and don't do anything to them at this point - one good thing about getting older, LOL.
I hope you are satisfied with your new hair dresser? Mine is fine, but she never wants to cut my hair as short as I request. Oh well, she gives the best hair cut and style I've ever had, so I will put up with slightly longer hair.

Thanks, Lynne, we did get home safe and sound, but Tired. I'm still not back to normal yet. We thought about driving to Florida once, but decided the flight was better. You are brave to do it. Of course, our trip was crazy long, so I have no excuse:) We Will be flying on all future trips to Arizona and Florida. We still drive to Tennessee to see my brother but it is a shorter and easier drive.

Well, we are into day one of four days of rain and cool, windy weather. We do need the rain as our lakes are down a bit more than usual.
Roger and I were able to clean out three of the flower beds yesterday. We neglected them last fall because the rabbits ate from the barrels all winter. This winter, only had one rabbit that didn't seem to care for dead flowers, LOL. I have a rock garden to clean up. We tore out all the old flora on the north side of our house, and we planted some new flowers so will see how they like the spot. Our trees are finally starting to leaf out and the grass is greening up. Love this time of year:) How is everyone else getting along with their gardens this Spring? I hope you are all able to get out and get started.

Have a great weekend everyone:)

ruth

lol.....it was Elise who suggested we make a bigger hole for the pastry topping when I made them with her, she liked that googly eye look....lol.......thank you, it`s nice to get compliments!! Yes, they sold out, but then so did most things which is so good for the church.

Oh I hate you`re getting our weather, you have such a lovely garden it`s nice you can start to get out in it. Our gardener doesn`t really allow me to do much as I have the complete opposite of green fingers!!!! But, yes, the trees are now starting to flourish and are mostly filled in now with lovely healthy leaves and some little flowers are starting to push through, seems we now have bluebells.....lol......

I have to agree with Tom this tv is much better than the one we bought a few weeks ago, the description is crazy though, what happened to buying a simple 55" tv, so many descriptives to describe the quality and ability.....but, it is a perfect picture.

Yes, I`ll never go for that heavy eyebrow look, keep them tweezed around once a month is fine for me, I was curious if she waxed them would it be even longer between them needed something, but once a month isn`t exactly a trial. Tom winces if I tweeze my eyebrows when he`s around......lol, they are quite fine though naturally......but yes, I adore this new lady and have had so many comments about my hair looking so much nicer and I think I will go a little shorter next appointment, not too short but it is too long I think. Your hair suits you Ruth, it`s in good condition too which I think is the secret to good hair.

Have a lovely weekend!!

Sunny, cold, raining, hail and back to sun again, all before 6.30am!

Rethinking our restaurant choice for tonight, a few folks have said it is not the same place it was for many years and have changed the cosy classic olde world pub style they`ve always had and went slightly plain and clinical and mixed reviews on the food. So, will see what we think later and might see if we can book an old favourite last minute.

Salon appointment this morning, not for hair though however will make an appointment for some root only highlights in the next couple of weeks, this gals highlights are definitely lasting longer and a much higher quality than previous salon I think now.

Bacon and French Toast first though, these eggs are huge!! And my second pot of tea with that, first pot is a small one with just two cups in it, enough for me before sleeping beauty gets up. Light lunch and then out for dinner tonight....somewhere!!

I do enjoy a Saturday afternoon getting ready for a night out....hair, clothes, make up....all enjoyed with a glass of something nice 🥂

Happy Saturday though......and safe travels to Charade :)

i-2P35zV5-S.jpg

cv72-S.jpg

cv35-S.jpg

Caspian woke me up at 4:00 doing the crazy cat zoomies. It will take me a while to get back to sleep. Meanwhile he is now sleeping comfortably next to dh.

The airline is now offering financial incentives to change flights. I don’t really understand stand since last time I looked my flight wasn’t full.

Speaking of flights, I was chatting with a woman at Walmart yesterday who was trying to convince me that I could get really cheap flights by flying Allegiant out of Roanoke. I looked them up and it looks like they only fly on Mondays and Fridays. They also don’t fly into MCO. That won’t work for me.

Charade
Safe travels tomorrow!

Have a fantastic vacation
Take pics for us as all love trip pictures.

Have a great flight and trip to Orlando.

and safe travels to Charade

Thanks y’all. I’m hoping for a quiet, uneventful flight.

Oh I can understand what you are going through with billing for the government! I worked as a medical secretary before becoming a nurse.
I am amazed at how incredibly particular they are. For example, they wouldn’t accept a job description of Licensed Professional Counselor on the application. It had to be changed to mental health counselor.

How is everyone else getting along with their gardens this Spring? I hope you are all able to get out and get started.
No garden for me. Plants die in my presence. We also have too many deer around here.

I don`t know a single person who would still be working at that age,
I can’t imagine working at that age either, but she really loves her job and is very good at it. I think her husband wishes she would retire.

I do enjoy a Saturday afternoon getting ready for a night out....hair, clothes, make up....all enjoyed with a glass of something nice

Have a wonderful time tonight.

I am going to try to get back to sleep. I finally finished the Spiderman cross stitch late last night. It’s about 21.4x 21.4 inches. It needs to be washed and pressed. The lighting for the picture isn’t the best, but here it is.

IMG_0426.jpeg

Wonky boards, was typing, and then it froze, then poof, all typing gone.

Let’s try this again.

Ack to cat waking you up, Charade. Great stitching you do, picture looks awesome. Yeah, when our flight got cancelled from lunchtime, booked the flight late evening, the only one left that day. They were offering up to 1000 dollars to give up flight. We might have taken it, but we really wanted to just get there. And the offer was to book you on a flight two days later. The oversold by 12 people. Sigh. And we did get credit for our back flight, as was delayed on the way back by hours. Hope your flights are uneventful, and timely.

The only time I took a discount airline flight, was not to FLA, and was delayed many hours on the way back. Was glad still took off so late, as airline only went to that place on a Sunday or Wednesday, back only on a Friday or Tuesday. Hence, if we had got that back flight cancelled, would be days before we could come back. Usually, we have had better luck with SW. Though have had more changes and our first cancellation in the last couple of years, than in the past.

So bright and sunny out. 50 degrees out, But will be 86 degrees the high, so shorts and sunglasses. Yay! Warmer day.

I got to the airport 2 hours before my flight as suggested. There was no one in line for baggage check and no one at the TSA checkpoint. Thank goodness I brought a book with me.

Yay, love it when not busy airport. Safe flights, Charade.

Old washer gone, new washer ready to go. Push to start, as like my car. lol
So hard to find ones that have no electronics on it. Hope it lasts a long time.

So sunny out. Little one took my car to get gas, and went grocery shopping for me. She’s on the what the …. list, as stepped on her iPad, now has shattered screen. Sigh, at least they are not that expensive. And at least on sale this week. Why is this April so expensive?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter