Something About Nothing ... #12

Us too, one of oldest parades. I used to watch it, but now a days, no.

In training, what a day to do so.

Stay safe and have fun. Jealous, but those traveling homies, wahoo!

Happy Friday and stay safe! I hope most of you are getting a four day weekend!
Steak is decent @ Miller's roadhouse & they have tons of other offerings and drinks are cheap :drinking1GD says their chicken & dumpling soup is excellent. It's the sort of sports bar we enjoy @ home. I get a kick out of seeing all the people in their uniforms dining there that work in the industry enjoying themselves too. We don't have sweet tomatoes at home, always try to work it into the rotation. No Buffalo Wild Wings near us either, usually make a stop.

In the parks we do enjoy BoG (lunch & dinner now & again), Garden Grill/CPalace, Kona & Coral Reef. Like yak & yeti, especially how without an ADR we go to FOTL with the Landry's card;)

@ Universal we eat onsite, period:goodvibes

Sweet Tomatoes was one of our favorites too. (We still like it but now we have more flexibility). When staying in the Disney/Universal area, we sometimes wanted an easy buffet with healthier options - Sweet Tomatoes fit that perfectly! Another one of our tried-and-true off-site places was Boston Market. That was usually our cheapest meal there - not counting eating grocery store food. I haven't tried Miller's yet. Most in my family don't eat beef, so I'll need to look up their menu to see if it makes sense for us to try it sometime.
It's always in my mind...why do you think I still live in Orlando? ;)

My office is 10 minutes from Universal and HHN time every year is my favorite time of year!
Do you live in Metro West? I'm presuming that's where your name originally came from. Sounds like you may work near or in Metro West too.

4 Day weekend!!! YAY!!!! 10 weeks until Universal... I am starting to get REALLY excited now. 10 weeks actually sounds shorter than 2 months.

I think I am going to 6 Flags this weekend to get some coaster therapy. I may also go to our local crappy amusement park 'Canobie Lake'. It's really bad... it's like a traveling carnival broke down and decided to stay. But, the park is really pretty and very nice to walk around. They have a wooden coaster that is just an L, a corkscrew coaster that's a head banger, and a Rip Ride Rocket type coaster that's much shorter, but it has a loop in it. They have a haunted mine ride that is SOOOOO bad, you can actually see sunlight through the cracks in the walls. You know the kind of ride where the skeleton falls forward from the wall with a loud 'BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ' to scare you. The log flume ride is actually nice.. basically because the flat park is at ground level so it's really like you're part of a rushing river.

I like to go walk around and people watch as well as ride coasters and stuff.. it's a very relaxing day.

Do you live in Metro West? I'm presuming that's where your name originally came from. Sounds like you may work near or in Metro West too.
I lived in MetroWest when I first joined the DIS but have since moved to the Ocoee area. I work off of Sand Lake Road...not too far from the Florida Mall.

I can't imagine going through a F5. My heart goes out to folks when I see that on the news.
Hope the weather holds for you! Yeah after that event we had trauma counselors at the hospital where I worked for a couple weeks. We are an hour away but obviously got overloaded with injured. Listening to the stories was heart rending. A lot of our docs are from Armed Services and have seen action-they were describing the area like a war zone.

Happier note-YAY Friday!! Off til next Thursday, heading to lake tomorrow (DH and middle DD are going today-I need a day in my house to clean and recoup.
Hot and sticky after early am storms.

WOW...what a day for the Disney fans...first Siemens ends its sponsorship of SSE and then the uproar over the auction scene at the POTC. Lots of good reading out there...just have some popcorn handy.

It's always in my mind...why do you think I still live in Orlando? ;)

My office is 10 minutes from Universal and HHN time every year is my favorite time of year!
Do you live in Metro West? I'm presuming that's where your name originally came from.
I lived in MetroWest when I first joined the DIS but have since moved to the Ocoee area. I work off of Sand Lake Road...not too far from the Florida Mall.
I've been to Ocoee - just twice since I moved here. Once was for a very, very long tennis match at Ocoee High and the other time was meeting someone at a park just outside of Ocoee. That's where the peacocks attacked my car at Magnolia Park which is barely in Apopka. I'm in Horizon West. (That weird part of Unincorporated Orange County where we have Winter Garden or Windermere addresses but don't live in either).

Do you live in Metro West? I'm presuming that's where your name originally came from.

I've been to Ocoee - just twice since I moved here. Once was for a very, very long tennis match at Ocoee High and the other time was meeting someone at a park just outside of Ocoee. That's where the peacocks attacked my car at Magnolia Park which is barely in Apopka. I'm in Horizon West. (That weird part of Unincorporated Orange County where we have Winter Garden or Windermere addresses but don't live in either).
I believe he does live there in metro west. I'm from the winter park area, went to high school there. My parents and one of my sisters live in apopka about a mile from wekiva springs. One in Seminole county and one in Orange County. I'll move back to Orlando someday...:D

Morning Sans family :wave:.

Getting things ready to leave with hubby on his hunting trip. Looking at weather through some areas on our way to our final destination in South Dakota. Tornados in Iowa. Hope the weather settles down for trip departure in the am.

The Bad Kitty book series looks cute Keisha.

Granddaughter is a Riley's kid and while she was in the hospital in Indianapolis many years ago they were having a book sale and she saw this.
View attachment 247662
View attachment 247663

We laughed so hard reading these books.
I've got to find those books! My kids would love them. Have fun in SD. I have family there near sturgis.

Yes they would! Damn DIS was not showing any of today's posts earlier so I replied to things that had already been answered without knowing. Facepalm!

I feel your pain

I have been answering newbie questions and then get
Error message and my message is lost

Sometimes I repeat what I said if it was a short answer
Other times I say screw it, I'm moving on...

Ah, Friday night. Ice cream for dinner. Yep, hot.

Keisha, heading to the outlets tomorrow, why? There is a Steel City store, and older one is hoping for a hockey jersey.

Will be starting our 12 + hour drive in about another hour. Drive all night then hit the park all day. Have to admit this was all easier 10 years ago. Oh well, keeps me young I guess, least that's what I tell myself.

I could never do a long drive like that!
Well I did when I was younger driving from Chicago to Orlando but drove straight thru and ended up unable to do parks until day after I arrived

Hope your drive is easy and safe

Now I live in the south and did the 8 hour drive to Orlando earlier this year

Hahaha
Stopped and spent the night in a hotel both ways
I'm just not found of driving more than an hour
Guess that means I'll never do a cross country drive

I could never do a long drive like that!
Well I did when I was younger driving from Chicago to Orlando but drove straight thru and ended up unable to do parks until day after I arrived

Hope your drive is easy and safe

Now I live in the south and did the 8 hour drive to Orlando earlier this year

Hahaha
Stopped and spent the night in a hotel both ways
I'm just not found of driving more than an hour
Guess that means I'll never do a cross country drive

3 weeks ago drove 16 hours straight to Miami to go on our Western Carribean Carnival Cruise. Now that was exhausting

Have a great trip TD...drive safely :car:

I was able to renew and upgrade my AP a few days ago at the resident rate :yay: I had to insist on it since they tried to make me pay the regular rate at first but it's hard to argue when my pass says Florida resident. I am now the proud owner of a 3 park AP:cool1:

I also just purchased 2 ROF passes for HHN....my credit card is crying but I'm happy :jumping1:

Have a great night homies :flower1:

Lucky you
They denied me for it and mine showed flo rate

Ga always had the flo discounts as far as I could remember
But they put in my file I would still be allowed the flo rate for all tickets

Not that it's a savings.....but all they would budge on

Rain will hit us soon
Could be all weekend

No plans so only issue I have with rain is no dish connection

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter