Something About Nothing..........#11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Peeps!

Cement block thingies were delivered yesterday for the retaining wall. YAY!!! Progress.

Happy Belated Birthday @ky07!! Will come back after church and do a full catch up. Just wanted to let you know i was thinking about youse!

robo, thanks for the sunday reminder..
i'm quite enjoying the minionion calendar daily

i thought it over and maybe i will say if you really want the red caddy, then go for it.
i prefer black for cars and just the week bought a new black toyota sienna.
just tell the car dealer mac told you it was okay to exchange the car for the other color.....

if i was still in the city of chicago and i lived by the river, neighbors would be gossiping why i order cement blocks.
but i'm sure the ones you bought are not the old fashioned ones and are very pretty and decorative.

i'm trying my best to keep real busy today.

Housework is overrated. On my 3rd load of wash and trash on the curb, now making the kids tidy up some more. They have stuff everywhere. Camp has now ended, and soccer 24/7 for the next 3 weeks. No vacation for me.

No need for retaining wall for us. Glad to hear the blocks arrived GoN.

Steamy hot, in the 90's already, with unhealthy humidity. Ah, the dog days of summer. :dogdance:

Mac congrats on your new Sienna. When my dad was down for a visit a few months ago we took him to the Toyota plant in Princeton, Indiana for a tour. They make the Sienna, Highlander and the Seqouia there.

You are right Lynne housework is over rated.

Had a nice celebration for husband and sons birthday today. Hubbys bday was on the 5th and son on the 14th so I usually try to get everyone together for big celebration. Our son wanted Mexican food. So I made tacos, tostadas, tamales, enchiladas, salsa, guacamole and chips.

I am tired now. Everyone has gone home. Thank God for my granddaughter. She stayed and helped me clean up.

Going to be lazy for the rest of the evening....:rolleyes1

Welcome Belle. We are a friendly bunch, so come and enjoy something about nothing.

Warm evening and time to relax. Light will be left on for you night owls.

a very big :welcome::welcome:

to our newest homie:

Belle0101

glad you stopped in as we all love noobies here.

once here, you are part of us.

just a friendly chat thread that talks about everything and everything.

the only rule in the thread is to play nice.

but you can be as sarcastic as hell like the rest of us at times........lol

Welcome Belle. We are a friendly bunch, so come and enjoy something about nothing.

Warm evening and time to relax. Light will be left on for you night owls.

you planning to be up after midnight tonight?????
i'll leave a flashlight on the table if i leave early..

Mac congrats on your new Sienna. When my dad was down for a visit a few months ago we took him to the Toyota plant in Princeton, Indiana for a tour. They make the Sienna, Highlander and the Seqouia there.

You are right Lynne housework is over rated.

Had a nice celebration for husband and sons birthday today. Hubbys bday was on the 5th and son on the 14th so I usually try to get everyone together for big celebration. Our son wanted Mexican food. So I made tacos, tostadas, tamales, enchiladas, salsa, guacamole and chips.

I am tired now. Everyone has gone home. Thank God for my granddaughter. She stayed and helped me clean up.

Going to be lazy for the rest of the evening....:rolleyes1

grandchildren are cheap labor......
have her come more often.

sounds liike you had a great birthday celebration.
if i would have known you were doing mexican, i would have driven over.
maybe that is why you told us about dinner after the fact......lol

i drove a sienna van for about 8 years maybe 9.

got to the point i wanted a sedan so bought an avalon.

but if i get the urge to drive the sienna we bought, it's in the driveway next to my car.

Thanks Lynne and mac for the welcome! :)

Play nice? I can do that. :thumbsup2

I'm almost always up after midnight - watching TV, reading, browsing the internet, trying to avoid raiding the fridge ... :rolleyes1

if no one else in the house is up after midnight, no one knows.....
calories don't count unless there is a witness.

came back to turn the lights out......
been a long day for me all sunday.
tried to keep busy and not do much thinking, so glad the 16th is over.
it was just one year ago that i held my mom when she died.
year before, same thing for me with my dad.

you ever go through a situation where you go through the motions of something traumatic and find it unbelievable?
it's kind of like it's all a blur, like it's not really happening.

haven't dealt with burying both of them yet.
still have them at the funeral home.
i had them cremated as i just couldn't deal with that last step
since we have decided to move out of illinois, it was good i haven't finalized their last resting spot.
they'll come with me where ever i end up.

no tears, just glad i'm past sunday now.

now someone will have to unlock the door here as no way am i getting up at the crack of dawn.
who should i nominate for that job........
:duck:

I'm sorry for your loss mac. Everyone deals with grief in their own way, when you're ready to finalize a last resting spot for your parents you'll know. My husband still has his parent's ashes. He isn't interested in having them anywhere else. It might be that for you, having them with you is their last resting spot. If not, you'll know. :hug:

I can keep the lights on and the door unlocked for a little bit. Not too long though, my eyes are starting to feel like sandpaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter