Some questions about our upcoming December trip

WDWINJUNE!

Married My Prince Charming at Sunset Pointe
I have a few questions for our upcoming Christmas trip and I hope I can get some answers/advice....I would greatly appreciate it :goodvibes We will be at DL Dec. 23-26. We already know that it will be very very busy. But I know we'll have a great time being together at DL for Christmas :santa:

We arrive Dec. 23 at Long Beach airport around 10:30 am. I was wondering what would be the best transportation to get to the Disneyland Hotel?? Also, I have the DL Hotel booked with an AP rate (only 10% but at least it's something) I only have the annual pass certificate and need to get my annual pass. Do I go to Disneyland to do this before checking in??

Does anyone have any experiences on the Spa at the GCH that they can share?? DH is treating me to a spa session and I was wondering how it is (is it anything like the Grand Floridian Spa, my time there was heavenly :cloud9:

I'm going to email Vacation Planning about special baskets and treats for DH and DD. Is it best to have them try to make the Fantasmic balcony reservations? My plan is to go to bed semi early on the 23rd, get up early Christmas Eve and hit DL. I want to try and get tickets for Fantasmic for Christmas Eve. I thought this would be something very special for Christmas Eve...does this sound like a good plan.

For Christmas dinner I have heard that there's a special buffet at the DLH...but I'm worried that we won't be able to get back into Disneyland. Any advice on places to eat inside the park or should I take the chance and eat at the DLH?

Well I believe that is all I have now...I'm sure there will be more questions later :teeth: Thanks for any help!

Laura

Bumping this up.....does anyone have any advice or answers???? :confused3 Thanks!

I may be able to help with a few

In the past I've actually gotten a better deal by renting a car instead of paying for a shuttle. But rental car rates have been going up lately so I don't know if that would still be true. I'm sure there are others, but I know Supershuttle serves that route.

I've gotten conflicting information on checking in with an AP certificate. Some people have had no problems, others were told to have it processed before checking in. I'd say just go ahead and try checking in.

I usually make my own Fantasmic reservations. But most of the time I'm staying offsite so I don't have the benefit of vacation planning. I have not heard anyone report that VP wasn't able to get their tickets, so I think it would be safe to leave it to them.

There are varying levels of shut downs when DL reaches capacity. Usually people who have already been in the park can get back in. They just block the ticket booths from selling any new tickets. Then they block the gates from anyone who hasn't already been in yet. Finally they will block everyone from entering. Usually this only lasts a few hours. I think you'll be fine if you leave for dinner. Or you might consider eating at the Blue Bayou for a special treat.

Sorry I really don't have firm answers, but I hope I helped.

Just thought you should know even if Disneyland or DCA is on overload and the park is at or over capacity as long as you have an annual pass you get back in no matter what. We were there for new years eve and it was above capacity and we left to eat and came back. They were turning everyone with a ticket away, however we flashed our AP's and got right in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter