Solo trip January

cruiseaway15

Earning My Ears
I havent been to WDW since 2019 and it seems a lot has changed. Planning a solo trip for January to reacquaint myself before bringing the grandkids. It seems there are lots of changes, and new things. Any tips for a quick 3 day trip?

Depending on when in January you're going, I'd recommend a trip to Epcot for the Festival of Arts one day-that opens around Martin Luther King Weekend. Also, you say you haven't been since 2019. Was that in January? If not, don't go with the same mindset I had on my solo trip last January-"Since I'm going to Disney, gotta bring my shorts." Never wore my shorts-paid Disney prices for a pair of sweat pants, and froze! Next time I go in January, I'll bring some cooler weather clothes. Have fun preparing for bringing your grandkids-we're bringing our yet to be born DGD in February.

Depending on when in January you're going, I'd recommend a trip to Epcot for the Festival of Arts one day-that opens around Martin Luther King Weekend. Also, you say you haven't been since 2019. Was that in January? If not, don't go with the same mindset I had on my solo trip last January-"Since I'm going to Disney, gotta bring my shorts." Never wore my shorts-paid Disney prices for a pair of sweat pants, and froze! Next time I go in January, I'll bring some cooler weather clothes. Have fun preparing for bringing your grandkids-we're bringing our yet to be born DGD in February.
Thanks so much. I haven't been in January so I appreciate the cold weather clothes advice.

Also, be forewarned that January is when the newbie CMs come on the job. Has been the case, anyway.

As desperate as Disney seems to be to fill covid-layoffs and retirees' former roles, breaking in new CMs may occur year-round currently.

You'll get some pretty haphazard service as a result and will need more patience.

Heartily agree to bring warm clothes. Our January week saw Orlando break THREE record lows. Lows were near freezing every night but one of our stay. We spent the last day in our room trying to keep warm! Were sick of fighting 40-degree daytime temps. Horrid weather!

I havent been to WDW since 2019 and it seems a lot has changed. Planning a solo trip for January to reacquaint myself before bringing the grandkids. It seems there are lots of changes, and new things. Any tips for a quick 3 day trip?
January weather can range from cold and sleet (experienced it) to muggy and oppressive.

Beware that marathon weekend is in January (4th-8th of January in 2023), so plan accordingly.

Get park reservations as soon as you can! And book dining reservations ASAP as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter