Solo trip dining suggestions

feltmannj

Earning My Ears
Doing my first solo trip at the end of May! Will do mostly QS meals but looking for some suggestions for TS meals. I have no problem eating solo but would prefer to do so at the restaurant bar.

Any of the restaurants at AKL. Boma is a buffet and yummy, JIKO fine dining but casual ware. They have a bar area and Sannaa has great animal views. I have never felt out of place at any of the restaurants so it all depends on what you want for atmosphere and food.

If you're at DTD, I recommend Raglan Road. I've eaten solo at both the bar and at a table. Food and entertainment are the same. If you're looking to have some personal interaction, you'll likely do better at the bar than at a table.

Doing my first solo trip at the end of May! Will do mostly QS meals but looking for some suggestions for TS meals. I have no problem eating solo but would prefer to do so at the restaurant bar.

I think most places in DTD would be good, but I agree with @com_op_2000, Raglan Road is a great one. Also Trader Sam's I feel would be a great one. I know it's not considered a TS Restaurant, but they have some great food. Otherwise I'd say California Grill (I love sitting at the bar or lounge there. You can also order from the main menu), Citricos, Another bar that serves great food too is Mizner's in The Grand Floridian, Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar and Il Mulino at the Swan. Other notable Bar/Lounge areas with food are The Tambu Lounge at The Poly and The Crew's Cup Lounge next to the Yachtsman. Nonetheless, these are all good solo dining options :). HAVE FUN!

PS @com_op_2000 Where did you get that DVC Member "My Home Resort" Picture that you have as part of your Signature?? I'd love to make myself one!

My new favorite is Jiko's! If you request to sit at the "Cooking Place", you get to see the chefs prepping appetizers and you might even get to taste a few things. Great conversation and a very unique dining experience! And the food is great too! I was seated right when they opened, so it wasn't busy at all. I wasn't a fan of California Grill.... Same old bar experience and it was so busy that no one spoke to me.

I had a great meal at the bar at the Flying Fish just walk up. Then strolled the Broadwalk and saw all the performers.

Some of my favourites when I am flying solo for food are:
  • Tune In Lounge at the 50's Prime Time Cafe
  • Raglan Road
  • California Grill
  • Jiko's
  • Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar
  • The Boathouse

Do you enjoy people watching? If so, don't discount a character meal solo! I was afraid to do a character meal solo, until I finally let my desire for a close sit-down breakfast at my hotel rule. It was so much fun! I just sat and loved watching the interaction between the kids and the characters. And no one noticed that "poor lady all alone"(as I feared they would). Unless I'd looked like Donald, Chip, or Dale, no one even noticed me. I was so busy watching and enjoying-the meal went by so fast!

I did lunch at BOG in MK. I really enjoyed it over all.

I did TS at Kona Cafe for breakfast (yum!), 50s PRime time (always a fav from my childhood), and Boatwrights (was staying at POR).

Other than that did mostly QS at Riverside Mill and in the parks. I had a really good pulled pork sandwich at Cpt Cooks at the Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter