Soda package for 1 person

Henlady

DIS Veteran
My husband drinks soda, I don’t. Will he be able to get the soda package alone or will I also have to purchase it?

If it just for the basic soda package, then yes - they give you the refillable cup so you only would get the one. For alcohol, every guest in the stateroom 21 and above has to purchase the same alcohol package.

If it just for the basic soda package, then yes - they give you the refillable cup so you only would get the one. For alcohol, every guest in the stateroom 21 and above has to purchase the same alcohol package.
That's the stated rule, but there are LOTS of reports of people being able to call and say the other 21+ in the room don't drink and just purchase a refreshment package for them. It's at least worth a phone call.

That's the stated rule, but there are LOTS of reports of people being able to call and say the other 21+ in the room don't drink and just purchase a refreshment package for them. It's at least worth a phone call.
Two cruises DH and I wanted, DS is disabled and does not drink. Both cruises they gave us so much trouble, multiple phone calls, elevated, more calls. We then had to get a doctors letter stating that he could not drink and had to submit that to another department. Finally they gave in, although on the 2nd cruise they made him buy the non-alcohol level package above the soda. So we got him every mocktail and juice we could to give us our monies worth. I've heard some say it's not a big deal but it was a huge deal to us on two cruises. It was beyond bad customer service!

Two cruises DH and I wanted, DS is disabled and does not drink. Both cruises they gave us so much trouble, multiple phone calls, elevated, more calls. We then had to get a doctors letter stating that he could not drink and had to submit that to another department. Finally they gave in, although on the 2nd cruise they made him buy the non-alcohol level package above the soda. So we got him every mocktail and juice we could to give us our monies worth. I've heard some say it's not a big deal but it was a huge deal to us on two cruises. It was beyond bad customer service!
I've got no first hand experience. The one time I got a drink package was during the year or so that Royal changed their policy to not force everyone 21+ over to get one. I just know what I've read on CC. I still think it's worth calling to find out. I don't know what the magic words are to get it to work.

I do understand those who have gotten it to "work", the other adults did have to get the refreshment package. Obviously everyone needs to decide what it's "worth".

I've got no first hand experience. The one time I got a drink package was during the year or so that Royal changed their policy to not force everyone 21+ over to get one. I just know what I've read on CC. I still think it's worth calling to find out. I don't know what the magic words are to get it to work.

I do understand those who have gotten it to "work", the other adults did have to get the refreshment package. Obviously everyone needs to decide what it's "worth".
That was my first hand experience x 2 cruises, 3 years apart so sounds like policy.

I agree it is worth calling but one should also be prepared that it might be a big deal and there might be hassles and requirements.

The problem is there shouldn't be magic words, or knowing someone inside or anything else other than a firm policy that is followed by all staff. Either you make everyone buy it OR you make exemptions with a set requirement. To say that someone can just say they don't want it is okay and someone with a medical issue is required to jump through hoops is unprofessional and kinda harassment.

My point in posting is first hand experience is that it's not always as simple as a phone call.

That was my first hand experience x 2 cruises, 3 years apart so sounds like policy.

I agree it is worth calling but one should also be prepared that it might be a big deal and there might be hassles and requirements.

The problem is there shouldn't be magic words, or knowing someone inside or anything else other than a firm policy that is followed by all staff. Either you make everyone buy it OR you make exemptions with a set requirement. To say that someone can just say they don't want it is okay and someone with a medical issue is required to jump through hoops is unprofessional and kinda harassment.

My point in posting is first hand experience is that it's not always as simple as a phone call.
Totally agree with everything. But, it's worth trying which is all I'm suggesting.

DH did not get a drink package and I got a soda package when we did a RCCL cruise in 2019 before the pandemic. I got the special cup and he didn't (it was not an issue). We didn't get an alcoholic drink package or order any alcoholic drinks during the cruise.

I was able to only order 1 soda package in a room of three and 1 in a room of two for a sailing next year by booking through the RCCL website via the cruise planner. It lets you select the package you want and then the person you want to buy the package for.

We have done many Royal cruises and only DH gets the soda package. I don't drink enough to make it so put for me

How much does a soda package typically cost per day? Do you have to carry your special cup with you? And is there anywhere on teh ship to buy a bottled soda (not a fan of fountain drinks). Finally, is it Coke or Pepsi onboard?

How much does a soda package typically cost per day? Do you have to carry your special cup with you? And is there anywhere on teh ship to buy a bottled soda (not a fan of fountain drinks). Finally, is it Coke or Pepsi onboard?
For my upcoming cruise the classic soda package is $8.99 per guest per day.

You do NOT have to carry the cup with you. You can go up to any bar and get a fountain drink.

RCCL has Coke products.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter