Soarin' is done!

Was there this past weekend and it only says "Soarin summer 2016". Walls up and doors with pad locks over them. The place was deserted. The land had a 10 Minute wait time. If the Flower and Garden wasn't going the park would be deserted.

149 days 3 Hours 53 Minutes till a week at the Fort. (-:

A family member of mine works as an accountant for the parks and said there is a definite drop in park attendance and money being spent on all things Disney. It was expected because of the renovations but it's still not nice to see on paper! Costs are being cut and prices are increasing to make up for the losses.

Is this like a "media preview" or ? Why are there people in the park already (when it opens June 16) Sorry if this is a stupid question
Not a stupid question :) It is open to Cast Members and their guests as of the beginning of May.

Thank you to rteetz! I was able to get FP+ for Friday 5/27 and Sunday 5/29 (our Saturday was already committed elsewhere, or I'd have grabbed those FP+, too!)

I sadly agree with you:sad1: (the original post)

Last edited:
What is the new brunch?

Many disney restaurants have started to do a weekend or sunday brunch. It's not at epcot, the one i'm looking to hit is Trail's End in fort wilderness campgrounds and it started today/yesteday. it's my favorite breakfast spot on property so it sounds like a great sunday brunch then run over to epcot for soarin to me:)

I was at Epcot on Saturday, but at the time I was in The Land pavilion, they were not doing a soft opening. That may have changed since.

Hopefully someone takes a video, I want to see the laser projectors in action! And I wonder if all three theaters will be used for this return

Hopefully someone takes a video, I want to see the laser projectors in action! And I wonder if all three theaters will be used for this return
I've heard only two will be but I'm not for sure on that. I have heard though that the queue didn't change much despite the long down time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter