• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So it looks like Be Our Guest is becoming Prix Fixe Meal and 2TS credits...thoughts?

We eat their often because the kids love it but I have to say the food is hit or miss. For the prices before I didn't think the food was worth coming back for (depending on what you ordered), although my family loves their steak (I am not a steak person).

I feel like it will be like CRT - appetizer, main course and dessert - I just hope the food is better than CRT. I agree with @kristenabelle - it will stop people from coming for a snack or dessert only.

Why moved to rumors board? It isn't a rumor based on the official Disney Blog post from this morning. What is not yet known is if it will change from 1TS to 2TS. The title of the thread may not be accurate as of yet but maybe it should have been merged to one that did have an appropriate title instead of closing the other thread. Such as the one that was titled, BOG changes coming as of July 27, 2018

NOT HAPPY AT ALL. This will no longer be a family restaurant. The menu will not be appealing to many. And I don't feel this very iconic place, based on a movie loved so much should change to a menu that is less desirable to the ones that want to be here the most. My daughter and I are going at Christmas for the first time, and this was something she was looking forward to. We are so disappointed.

THIS. There are plenty of signature offerings for people who want them. This is a one of a kind immersive restaurant and something everyone should be able to enjoy. I'm not there for the food. But I also am not there to spend 55 dollars.

Count me in the group of happy to see the change! The new menu seems much more appealing to my family. Guess it’s a classic case of you can’t please everyone. But this is the first time a dinner menu IN the magic kingdom has made me consider not traveling to Kona or another monorail restaurant for dinner.

I agree. I am on board with it as long as the food is improved. We have had lunch there multiple times and enjoyed it. We had dinner once or twice and thought that it was good, not great (also had breakfast there one time and did not like it).

The one thing that I love about DAK (my favorite park) are the food choices. I think, aside from Disney Springs, DAK has some of the best in park food, aside from the typical Restaurantosaurus and Pizzafari (I think that every park needs those types of choices as there are many people that prefer more standard fare as opposed to more exotic items). Knowing that we can experience a true, 2 credit, signature experience in DAK at Tiffins and the Nomad Lounge really adds to the park experience. This is one of those locales that helps elevate a Disney park above other parks. Tiffins and the Nomad Lounge are an in-park treasure for foodies.

That being said, MK just doesn't have an option like that. You could hop on the monorail and visit the resort signature restaurants I suppose. I just like knowing that there is an option of having enhanced dining within the boundaries of a park. And for me, until they added the Skipper Canteen, the MK had some of the lesser dining choices. This will help that now. I still wish they would add a TS or signature restaurant in TL as well.

$55 actually isn't too bad for three courses, depending on what the dessert tray looks like. If the lamb chops are as good as the ones at Spice Road Table, I might try it.
I agree. I think the menu sounds really good. Every other park has a great signature restaurant, MK was lacking (I don't count CRT as signature despite it being 2 credits). I realize this is a big hit to all the people who want to "get the grey stuff and meet the beast" , but I'm glad my foodie family might actually be able to get in there now for an actual meal.

I'm happy with the change. Last time I had BOG the food was not good and still was expensive. Hopefully the quality of the food will improve with these changes.

I agree. I think the menu sounds really good. Every other park has a great signature restaurant, MK was lacking (I don't count CRT as signature despite it being 2 credits). I realize this is a big hit to all the people who want to "get the grey stuff and meet the beast" , but I'm glad my foodie family might actually be able to get in there now for an actual meal.

Could not agree more. I am waiting for reviews to make a final decision but, this sounds promising to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter