Snake in Resort Room?

OK, now after reading this I unfortunately remember all the lizards in FL!! Yes, I'm weird, snakes dont bother me, but I will scream like a girl at the sight of a lizard!:eek::scared::eek:

Of course I'm staying at POR! LOL

When we were getting off the bus at one of the parks last month, a bus driver yelled out to somebody taking a short cut through the bushes "don't go through the bushes -- This is Florida -- there could be snakes in the bushes!" Now, not being from somewhere that has poisonous snakes, I don't know if snakes could be in the bushes on the medians, but it sure made me think twice about taking short cuts.

I will GLADLY take the long way from now on!!!:scared1:

I hate, hate, hate snakes, so of course, I'm cursed by them. :rotfl:

We have them all the time in our house. And no we don't live near a swamp or in the south or anything like that. We live in a house halfway up a hill near the woods in Massachusetts. We find tiny ones, medium ones, and lots of skins. The last skin was about 4 ft long. We've had them in our basement shower, in the dryer and in the rafters. We've had garter snakes, black racers and a copperhead :scared1: in our basement. Luckily we didn't know it was a copperhead until after I'd had my DS (13) carry it and the box is was hiding in outside and dump it out in the woods. :rolleyes1 . Or course since we had never seen a snake like it before we decided to look it up. Did you know copperheads are extremely rare and endangered and almost never seen in MA? Oh, and poisonous. yeah that. I do now.

Now because I am so cursed, I will be the guest who has the snake in the bed and the one that lays eggs in the bed, too.:lmao:

We are in southeastern M.A. and seriously hope we are NOT neighbors! We were outside last spring doing yardwork and my husband calmly said to me "walk away".... so I did..of course yelling "why, why"..then I just HAD to look! Had to look! I saw him pick up the snake and fling it into the woods. I started screaming like a ninny...as if someone with a hachet was cutting us into peices! When my husband was through laughing he kept saying... "it was just a little longer than an earth worm"... :rolleyes1
I still have not gone out to that spot of the yard since last May.

I also keep telling him we can't retire to Florida and live there because there are snakes there:scared:

OK, now after reading this I unfortunately remember all the lizards in FL!! Yes, I'm weird, snakes dont bother me, but I will scream like a girl at the sight of a lizard!:eek::scared::eek:

Of course I'm staying at POR! LOL

if I see a snake I don't think I'd be able to run...I think I'd drop dead of a heart-a-stroke

lizards on the other hand don't bother me....we have lots of them here, and my cats think they should be rewarded for bringing them in the house (alive)
although I prefer they stay outside:rolleyes1

Yes, add me to the list of snake haters! My 13yr old son came in the house last week and very nervously stated...."Well, good thing I had my pellet gun with me!" I said,"Why?" "Because I just shot a 4foot long rattlesnake that was about to strike the dog!" he said. I hate, hate,hate snakes!!!!!

OMG!!!! My response was ...we're moving!! Of course where I want to move to is Florida so this thread doesn't do much for that cause:laughing:

OK~ Florida is the swamps guys... swamps have snakes, gators and all kinds of creepy crawly things :lmao:

There are 44 different type of snakes native to Florida. There are only 6 poisonious snakes native to Florida...

They are
1. pygmy rattlesnake
2. eatern diamondback
3. timber rattlesnake
4. Cottonmouth
5. copperhead
6. coral snake

out of those the copperhead and coral snake or mostly found in or near water.

The most common snake in Florida is a solid black snake called the black racer. The only one in danger of a black racer is Mickey as they eat mice :rotfl:

IF by chance you see one, stay away from it, dont poke it with a stick or make any snake mad. All snakes will bite and all snake bites hurt ... I have been bitten by ball pythons and it swelled my hand up for a week!
To be honest ~ I would rather see a snake than a rat ANY DAY in a resort :lmao: rats and mice carry 1,000s of diseases and snakes don't :thumbsup2 snakes eat mice and rats :thumbsup2

If you are REALLY worried about poisonious snakes at Disney, I suggest googling each of the snakes I listed above and become familiar with them. I won't post pics HERE as not to scare anyone LOL

And for goodness sakes please keep in mind that you are in the middle of the Florida swamps:rotfl2:

OK~ Florida is the swamps guys... swamps have snakes, gators and all kinds of creepy crawly things :lmao:

There are 44 different type of snakes native to Florida. There are only 6 poisonious snakes native to Florida...

They are
1. pygmy rattlesnake
2. eatern diamondback
3. timber rattlesnake
4. Cottonmouth
5. copperhead
6. coral snake

out of those the copperhead and coral snake or mostly found in or near water.

The most common snake in Florida is a solid black snake called the black racer. The only one in danger of a black racer is Mickey as they eat mice :rotfl:

IF by chance you see one, stay away from it, dont poke it with a stick or make any snake mad. All snakes will bite and all snake bites hurt ... I have been bitten by ball pythons and it swelled my hand up for a week!
To be honest ~ I would rather see a snake than a rat ANY DAY in a resort :lmao: rats and mice carry 1,000s of diseases and snakes don't :thumbsup2 snakes eat mice and rats :thumbsup2

If you are REALLY worried about poisonious snakes at Disney, I suggest googling each of the snakes I listed above and become familiar with them. I won't post pics HERE as not to scare anyone LOL

And for goodness sakes please keep in mind that you are in the middle of the Florida swamps:rotfl2:

I PROMISE to stay FAR AWAY from any snakes and I am hoping they do the same and don't try to be a guest in my room :scared:

When I was 10 we stayed off site at a hotel on International Drive. Dad went out one morning to the car, and there was a big black snake curled up on the hood of the car.
We called mgt and they came and looked at it, and then called for back up ! Yup, a cotton mouth ! :scared1:
I may hate the weather here in Canada, but the biggest snake I have to deal with is inches in length and doesn't have venom to kill me ! :worship:

They tell you this little rhyme here in Texas....red and yellow kill a fellow, red and black alright jack..thats how I remember.

Great now it's going to be my luck to find a snake in our room and when I call to have it removed the CM is going to want to charge me for bringing a pet. :rotfl:

Okay after reading this ummm very informative thread:confused:...all I can think of is Woody! "There's a snake in my boot!!":rotfl: In my bed or in my boot either would send me fleeing!!! Thanks for the nightmares OP;). Oh and I will now be requesting a second floor rm or higher!!:thumbsup2

Morning Edition, April 16, 2009 · A farm manager in Kenya says he was working when he stepped on something spongy. He looked down to find a giant python. The snake quickly entangled him and dragged him up a tree. That's when he decided to bite the snake. Eventually the snake relaxed its grip enough for the man to get a cell phone out of his pocket and make the phone call that saved his life.

:rotfl:

Morning Edition, April 16, 2009 · A farm manager in Kenya says he was working when he stepped on something spongy. He looked down to find a giant python. The snake quickly entangled him and dragged him up a tree. That's when he decided to bite the snake. Eventually the snake relaxed its grip enough for the man to get a cell phone out of his pocket and make the phone call that saved his life.

:rotfl:

OMG- I'd be dead from shock!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter