snacks

mom2febgirls

Castle Decorator
What kind of snacks do you bring into the parks to let the kids munch on during the day?

I have no idea what to bring for snacks between meals. I know with all the walking I will need water but what easy to carry food would you suggest?

We took goldfish crackers, and fruit snacks! But, we hardly used them. We ate lunch at whatever park we were at, and there was always so much food!

Lisajl

Besides water bottles we usually took crackers(the peanut butter on cheese or cheese on cheese) granola bars or the Quaker oatmeal fruit bites or bars.We only took in 1 snack each mostly for the kids because it always seemed like my dd had hunger-pains while we were already waiting in line! Also we always go in the summer because of school schedules and the heat really does a number on your appetite so something small is all they wanted until we got into an air-conditioned restaurant, but that little snack helped keep up their energy level.

We have 3 DD's & since they have been about 5 they have each had their own fanny pack to carry their own snacks. Each night I pack little things in snack size ziploc bags & they get to pick what they want.

Choices: pretzel bites, dry cereal, goldfish, teddy grahams. Then they can each take one "candy" snack - either starburst, tootsie rolls or licorice bites - something that won't melt.

They each take their own water bottle.

Having the snacks & drink really cuts down on getting snacks in the park. It sometimes holds everyone over so that we don't have to eat lunch during peak lunch time.

I recommend taking snacks.

Snacks we enjoyed on our trip a couple weeks ago:

Peanut butter or cheese with crackers
Chewy granola bars
Mini-boxes of raisins
Rice Krispie Treats
Milk and cereal bars (love the Honey Nut Cheerios ones!)
Indiv. wrapped cookies
Ziploc snack bags we packed with peanuts or Combos or Chex Mix
Candy bar miniatures
Apples

We each carried our own bottle of water too. It made it easy to walk by the vendors that sell all the yummy but pricey stuff. ;)

For snacks and/or lunch at the parks we carried: apples, oranges, carrot sticks, raisins, dried apricots, foil pouches of tuna (chunk chicken is available like this now, but I haven’t tried that), peanut butter, aerosol cheese (I had never used this before, but it was pretty good and needed no refrigeration), pocket bread, triscuits, wheat thins granola and cereal bars, Chex “morning mix”, rice krispies treats, single serving applesauce, fruit cups and pudding cups peanut M&Ms, juice boxes, packages of cheese/peanut butter crackers assorted cheese/cracker and cookies packages, and Frito-Lay “snacks to go” (these are chips or other salty snacks in a plastic container, about the size of a pringles can, with a recloseable snap on lid….the chips don’t get crushed in your backpack), candy, nuts.

Pooh or Princess fruit snacks come with us wherever we go. We also brought teddy grahams, cheerio, juice boxes and nutri grain bars.

Also, I've read about bringing suckers for the kids to eat while waiting in long lines. I tried it on my last trip and it works. Bring different kinds. It a surprise each time.

I always pack some variety of GORP (originally...Good 'Ol Raisins & Peanuts) for all occasions. Whether it's hiking, camping, a trip to the mall, doctor's appointment...or WDW.

I pack 2-3 different varieties. I use Cheerios, M&M's, Raisins, Peanuts, Cashews, Reese's Pieces, Kix, Pretzels (small ones...this mix gets 'crunched' in backpacks and/or fanny packs), dried fruit, and whatever else I can find! I always try to pack at least one 'protein' food and one sweet treat (in small amount ;) ) I find other snacks tend to get smashed easily in the pack. This always works well for us...and not too much sugar for the long days of fun!

Also...bottled water! Water is the best thing for thirst and it is cheaper to carry it with you if you can. We have a fanny pack from LLBean that carries two water bottles. We fill up with ice/water each morning before we head into the parks.

When all else fails...we love to grab popcorn or a pretzel...especially when waiting for a parade :D

I think some of it depends on the age of the kids ... besides the items mentioned, for teens we'll sometimes take in snack-type crackers (e.g. Triskets, etc), Pringles, Combos and Fiddle Faddle. All of these things come in some sort of box that will protect it from getting smashed (unless it is stomped on, of course). Also, gum, mints, LifeSavers, etc.

I wouldn't overload yourself with things though, especially if you just want to have something to bridge the time between meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter