Smugglers run, kids as pilot

Now I know what is feels like to be a cat shaken in the mouth of a cat-killing dog (minus the final outcome, of course).
This is a fairly accurate description of how we felt getting off this ride. I would like to try it again sometime with someone who is a good pilot but I won't ride again without that guarantee. For now, though, it's a one and done because I know *I* can't do any better.

This is a fairly accurate description of how we felt getting off this ride. I would like to try it again sometime with someone who is a good pilot but I won't ride again without that guarantee. For now, though, it's a one and done because I know *I* can't do any better.
Best bet is be a party of 6 with people you know are gamers.

When just DS#1 and I go if we are offered pilots we usually ask two in our group who appear capable if they want to switch. Most jump at the chance. We will even switch again if needed to get Engineers. My son loves that position as it is easier for him and it is the best view of the whole ride.

Feb trip they were lining us up at merge and I said to the CM ~ "are those our pilots" ... one was a child about 5. He said yes and I asked to wait for an older group. Was not an issue.

My first ride was with my mother in the gunner seats. The young adult pilots hit everything they could and afterwards mum said that was it, never again as was very uncomfortable.
My second ride as solo, was engineer, spent so much time hitting repair buttons but from what could tell the child at the front was having the time of their lives, made it a very fun ride.
Third ride again solo got asked to switch with one of the children of a family and go to pilot, after crashing into a few things at the start that was when it clicked and worked it out a lot of the movements on the control only needs to be very minor.
Am guessing a lot of people just move the control as far as possible to one side or the other, and so crash into things very easily.
Can't think of any other rides where a soft hand approach on controls are needed, can anyone else think of any?

A possible upgrade to the ride could be to give the gunner and engineer seats very very soft suspensions, so that only the pilots get the full crash feedback. would improve the overall feeling in the cabin alot.

I have to confess - I was pilot once and tried very, very hard to keep from crashing. I failed miserably. I know some pilots crash intentionally just for the fun of it, but I didn’t, so I’ll give other pilots the benefit of the doubt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter