Smoking locations

fishermouse

DVC owner SSR/AKV
Just back from SSR and I only have one complaint, who's bright idea was it to allow smoking by the front of every building. You can not get to the elevators without walking by a smoking area! Granted there was not always someone smoking there but enough times to make it stink. Another great location is right by the foot bridge from Padock to the Springs, smart move! Also WDW in general needs to put a little effort into enforcing the smoking policy. People still smoke by the pools and while walking around the resort as well as the parks. I can only talk about SSR but if they don't enforce it, I'm sure the other DVC resorts are the same. As for the parks people pay no attention to the smoking areas and freely walk around cigaret in hand, CM's never say a word to any one. Personally I don't think it is our job to be confrontational about it, I'm not very diplomatic and am sure things would escalate if I open my big mouth so it's best if I keep it closed. Just wondering if others have had the same experience. I'm not an anti-smoking nut I enjoy a good cigar myself now and then, but in the right place and time as policies allow.:confused3

We just got back a couple of weeks ago. While we did not stay in a villa, we did stay at the WL and walked through the villas. People were smoking only in the designated smoking areas.

While I did see a few people smoking outside of the designated areas in the park, I wouldn't say it was rampant. In fact, someone lit up near a food service area at Animal Kingdom and a cast member immediately told her to put out the cigarette. I was impressed.

The placement of the smoking areas isn't always ideal, but I think that Disney doesn't have too many options with their locations. If they put them too far away, the smokers will complain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter